Author Topic: Jeb Bush makes the moral case against Donald Trump  (Read 814 times)

HAPPY2BME

Jeb Bush makes the moral case against Donald Trump
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:13:12 am »
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush's campaign has a new television ad out in New Hampshire that blasts frontrunner Donald Trump and makes a moral case against his candidacy.

The 60-second ad titled "Enough" highlights Trump mocking a disabled reporter - something the billionaire denies doing, The spot begins with Bush at a campaign event declaring, "Just one other thing I got to get off my chest: Donald Trump is a jerk!" It goes on to show a clip of Trump at a November rally in South Carolina appearing to do an impression of New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski's physical handicap.

Kovaleski has a condition called arthrogryposis which limits the movement of his arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk_0IXXjYCc

In the ad Bush continues, "I believe life is precious, I think life is truly a gift from god. And we're all equal under God's watchful eye. And when anybody, when anybody disparages people with disabilities, it sets me off. That's why I called him a jerk. What kind of person would you want to have in the presidency that does that? "

The former Florida Governor has made his advocacy for the disabled a centerpiece of his campaign. He frequently talks about Berthy De La Rosa-Aponte, a Florida woman with a disabled daughter who confronted him about the needs of the disabled in 1998.

His own advocacy has been controversial in at least on case, while he was governor -- when he weighed in on the legal battle over whether or not to remove a feeding tube to Terri Schiavo. He unsuccessfully battled the Florida court decision to allow her feeding tube to be removed at the state level, in Congress, and even involved his brother, then President George W. Bush. On the trail, he has described that case as one of the most difficult moments in his public life telling an audience in Waterloo Iowa in early December, "I did everything I could, it didn't work out and it did break my heart."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-makes-the-moral-case-against-donald-trump/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Jeb Bush makes the moral case against Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:14:01 am »
I told you.  Jeb is invoking 'the name of God.'

Nothing else has worked for him.  Why not try that?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 01:17:34 am »
I was going to call Jeb's ad lame, but that may be a bad choice of words.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:20:00 am »
I was going to call Jeb's ad lame, but that may be a bad choice of words.

==================================

Tug at the heart(s).

Its all in the family.

From 2004. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77JvpID0W8w&feature=player_embedded#at=152

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 01:26:59 am »
I don't mind seeing a little spunk out of Jeb, Lord knows he's needed it.  Like most Republicans he seems to get his dander up when attacking others in his own party while saving the soft, gentle treatment for Democrats. Nevertheless, he'd be fine in the right environment - say like America in the 1950's.  But that's the problem with this ad - these aren't the issues that are important now (unless you are a Democrat or a minority out to get the faceless, nameless white privilege).  We will, some of us here anyway (can't speak for everyone), happily take the biggest jerk in the world if he will fight to destroy that which is destroying us.  Jeb is fighting on the wrong the field, the enemy is over there and he is bigger and nastier than anything Jeb is fighting.

Give me the jerk who will fight the enemies of our way of life.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 03:30:33 am »
Jeb is fighting on the wrong the field, the enemy is over there and he is bigger and nastier than anything Jeb is fighting.

Give me the jerk who will fight the enemies of our way of life.

=======================================

Absolutely.

I had to break off the debate tonight right after Cruz and Trump got into it over "How many 'conservatives' have you seen come out of New York?"

I have to agree with Cruz.  If I knew absolutely nothing about Donald Trump going into this debate, and based simply on Trump's acting JUST LIKE A NEW YORKER, I would run like a scalded dog from him.

Rubio and Cruz supporters should be on fire, as they both easily handed Trump his ass.

That being said, the GOP is playing right into Hillary's hands, just like they did Obama's by making complete fools out of each other (again, and again, and again).

Gawd it was hard to watch.  I have it recorded.  May never watch it.

From what I saw though, Rubio will come up at least five points.