Author Topic: Ryan pledges to support a Trump or Cruz nomination  (Read 751 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan pledges to support a Trump or Cruz nomination
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:24:32 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ryan-vows-to-support-a-trump-or-cruz-nom/article/2580515

Ryan pledges to support a Trump or Cruz nomination
By Susan Ferrechio (@susanferrechio) • 1/14/16 3:17 PM

BALTIMORE — House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that Republican lawmakers plan to support whoever wins the Republican nomination for president, even if it's Donald Trump or Sen. Ted Cruz.

Ryan, R-Wis., briefed reporters alongside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., at the GOP annual retreat, where lawmakers plotted their 2016 legislative agenda.

"Yes, we are going to support whoever our nominee is," Ryan said. "Know why? Because it's the Republican primary voter that makes that decision. And that's what we respect."

Ryan called questions about a brokered Republican National Convention "ridiculous," adding, "How do I know? Nobody knows the answer to that."

McConnell said he would work to keep presidential politics out of the Senate.

"As a general rule, what I've tried to ask the Senate to do is let the presidential candidates run their race and let's try to do the people's business," McConnell said.

But McConnell and Ryan said they "had a hand" in choosing South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to give the GOP response to Obama's final State of the Union Address on Tuesday. Haley used the address to lob criticism at Trump, the national front-runner.

"We think she gave a great speech," Ryan said. "What she is ultimately trying to do is talk about how we need to have a message that is inspiring, that is inclusive, hopeful, optimistic and that unites the country. We don't want to have another president like this one, that divides the country. We want to unite. That means listening to all voices, those that are frustrated, those who are inspiring, all of the above."

Ryan said the GOP will produce an agenda for 2016 to present to the public and whoever wins the nomination. "We think can help carry that forward," he said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Ryan pledges to support a Trump or Cruz nomination
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »
Wow.  Last line got to me.  'Ryan said the GOP will produce an agenda for 2016 to present to the public and whoever wins the nomination. "We think can help carry that forward," he said.  Really?  The 'agenda' first and foremost should be the 'agenda' that is on the minds of "We the People".  Have these clowns really forgot who they work for??  Newsflash Ryan:  WE do NOT work for you.  You are employed by us and can be and will be FIRED if you don't do what is on OUR agenda!!

I would love nothing more to see either Cruz or Trump get the nomination and go on to win the presidency so that they could wipe Ryan's 'smug' little face in it.  Hopefully, neither one of them will select Ryan as their VP like Romney did; it will cost them the general.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:28:27 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 10:36:28 pm »
Wow.  Last line got to me.  'Ryan said the GOP will produce an agenda for 2016 to present to the public and whoever wins the nomination. "We think can help carry that forward," he said.  Really?  The 'agenda' first and foremost should be the 'agenda' that is on the minds of "We the People".  Have these clowns really forgot who they work for??  Newsflash Ryan:  WE do NOT work for you.  You are employed by us and can be and will be FIRED if you don't do what is on OUR agenda!!

I would love nothing more to see either Cruz or Trump get the nomination and go on to win the presidency so that they could wipe Ryan's 'smug' little face in it.  Hopefully, neither one of them will select Ryan as their VP like Romney did; it will cost them the general.

Don't worry, neither of them will ever select Lyin' Ryan for anything.  The best outcome is that the voters in his district knock his smug mouth off the government teat for good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:54:29 pm »
If he wants to support TRUMP or CRUZ the best way for him to do this is RESIGN. Of course he is being primaried in his district and that also would work .  :0001:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:54:51 pm by Longiron »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:41:32 pm »
Yeah. And Cassius just wanted that petition signed.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:51:01 am »
Well, we know one thing for sure...this guy cannot be Sec Treas no matter what
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 01:08:41 am »
Say Trump IS nominated AND elected.

Visions of Caesar surrounded by his loyal senators.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 01:13:29 am »
libertybele wrote above:
"Wow.  Last line got to me.  'Ryan said the GOP will produce an agenda for 2016 to present to the public and whoever wins the nomination."

Heh.

It's Mr. Trump who's gonna be telling YOU "what the agenda is", Mr. Ryan...

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 01:16:38 am »
libertybele wrote above:
It's Mr. Trump who's gonna be telling YOU "what the agenda is", Mr. Ryan...

=====================================

And why not?  Barack Obama does it all the time.

Wag the tail.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 03:22:55 am »
IT IS JUST OUTRAGEOUS THAT LYIN' RYAN PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR THE GOP NOMINEE.  WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!!!!

AAARRRRGGGHHHH...i think i just split my underwear.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:15:27 am »
If it's Cruz, the party will, ultimately, stay united.  If it's Trump, there will be a third party bid. 

Trump is unacceptable.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:24:50 am »
If it's Cruz, the party will, ultimately, stay united.  If it's Trump, there will be a third party bid. 

Trump is unacceptable.   

To who? You? He seems to be dominating the polls of both the GOP voters [you know, the ones who pick the nominee] and the general electorate being polled. And the threat is, if we don't give you a nominee you find acceptable, it's third party? Guess those Dems are preferable, eh? Just curious, were you one of those yelling about party loyalty, and 'wasted third party votes' when the GOPe was shoving Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney down our throats? Or were you always so principled?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee