Author Topic: Proof That Republicans Are Driving Out 'Conservatives' - Limbaugh responds to Nikki Haley's SOTU response  (Read 4764 times)

HAPPY2BME

More distraction.  It must be dear to your heart if this generates such outrage as opposed to an 'Oh, I didn't know that.  Thanks for the head's-up!'.

(now back to work-will not see responses till evening)

===================================

You have a MOTIVE.

I think its money.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Dogs are not slang.  Dogs are not cognitive ideas developed by men to express an idea.  Dogs are not learned.  Dogs are not taught to other people.

Cuckservative expresses an idea.  An idea generated by men of a certain political bent.  To know of it and how to use it, it must be seen in use and the meaning taught to you by others.  Most of those hang out at Stormfront and other similar sites.

Therefore, your rebuttal in nonsensical.

Let us put it another way, even simpler for you to understand...at the bottom of my posts is a signature piece, it is a quotation by Bob Dylan.  Leftists everywhere also quote Bob Dylan.  By your logical fallacy, I am a leftist because I quote Bob Dylan too. Worse yet for poor Bob, he's both a leftist and a conservative because his stuff is quoted by both.  (And you happen to know the bible is quoted and widely used as well, by pretty much everyone, including fascists, jihadis and white separatists, along with communists, liberals, conservatives and even centrists. Pity the poor bible, it's responsible for everything).
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

(And you happen to know the bible is quoted and widely used as well, by pretty much everyone, including fascists, jihadis and white separatists, along with communists, liberals, conservatives and even centrists. Pity the poor bible, it's responsible for everything).

=============================================

The Devil knows 'The Bible' more than any of us, and often quote it himself.

God, Jesus, The Savior, are all names invoked by those running for public office in high places every four years, and usually never mention the names any other times, unless cussing a blue streak.

Offline aligncare

The critical piece of the puzzle missing from the establishment's reasoning is the fact that the republican base is yearning for polarity for seven long years. Some clear lines, some bold colors (not pastels), some pushback, for heaven's sake.

Nikki Haley represents the GOP's attempted version of political correctness, which the base has soundly rejected with its support of candidates like Cruz and Trump as the top two leaders in this presidential contest.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
"Conservative" is another word used by a wide swath of people - I'm not sure any of us can actually define that word anymore.  Means something different to everyone.

Words, just words.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

You have a MOTIVE.

I think its money.
You are making personal attacks. That is not correct for this site. You are out of line.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

"Conservative" is another word used by a wide swath of people - I'm not sure any of us can actually define that word anymore.  Means something different to everyone.

Words, just words.

========================================

It is simple.  It is now also extinct.

Here is what a 'Conservative' represents:  God - Family - Country

There are none left, at least none in the hierarchy of the Republican Regime.

Please prove me wrong.  By 'regime,' I mean those CONTROLLING the Republican Party.

HAPPY2BME

You are making personal attacks. That is not correct for this site. You are out of line.

===========================

Laughable.

Anyone and everyone engaging in any political conversation whatsoever has a motive.

Are you crazy?

Offline katzenjammer

=============================================

Please try again.

‘Cuckservative’ Is a Gloriously Effective Insult That Should Not Be Slurred, Demonised, or Ridiculed

Well! What a lot of drama in the conservative blogosphere over an apparently trivial diss: the word “cuckservative.” I’m going to lose some friends and admirers with what follows, but who cares. Let me explain to you what you should think about this ridiculous internecine quarrel.

The drama started on July 22, when Rush Limbaugh referred to critics of Donald Trump as “cuckolded Republicans.” A day later, Red State’s Erick Erickson said the term was “coined by white supremacists” as a “slur against Christian voters.” This was echoed by a Daily Caller columnist, and then reported on in the liberal New Republic. By then, the internet was on fire with allegations that “cuckservative” was a racist term.

lol

I have no problem with the term “cuckservative,”  and fully understand its meaning.  I just decided to never use it here, because I knew that it would make many feel very uncomfortable!  But carry on!!   :patriot:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The GOPe wants this, in order

1). Rubio or Jeb -both bought and paid
2). Hillary - the status quo
Last). Cruz or Trump - goodbye gravy train

:beer:  Exactly.  Haley's commentary was way out of line and out of touch with the voting base that is supporting Trump and Cruz who are leading in the polls and their numbers are significant.  I don't think we can count out Rubio or Bush as our nominee; but her speech only emphasized the divide in our party.  I saw her commentary as political suicide and a very stupid move on behalf of the GOPe.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

I must have missed your tsk-tsking of the new poster JazzHands, who calls Trump supporters "dupes," compares them to German citizens who followed Hitler, and paints them all as racists.

His desperation is hilarious to me, but those are still personal attacks, and that they are from a very new poster should raise more eyebrows than mine.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:55:29 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I must have missed your tsk-tsking of the new poster JazzHands, who calls Trump supporters "dupes," compares them to German citizens who followed Hitler, and paints them all as racists.

His desperation is hilarious to me, but those are still personal attacks, and that they are from a very new poster should raise more eyebrows than mine.

The 'ignore' feature works well....just say'in.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mod1

How much money do you stand to lose if Donald Trump is elected POTUS?

Other than that, why do you hate Donald Trump?
That's enough.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Rush was was on this today. He was chuckling at the idea that the Republican response to Obama's speech was to attack other Republicans and ignore everything Obama said. He said that this is typical classic GOPe behavior.

Also, he said he was surprised by this because he never considered Haley to be a part of the establishment. It seems clear that she has gone over to the dark-side.

How can what Nikki Haley did be considered a 'response', if she spent all of her time attacking Republicans and ignored the speech?

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HAPPY2BME

Rush was was on this today. He was chuckling at the idea that the Republican response to Obama's speech was to attack other Republicans and ignore everything Obama said. He said that this is typical classic GOPe behavior.

Also, he said he was surprised by this because he never considered Haley to be a part of the establishment. It seems clear that she has gone over to the dark-side.

How can what Nikki Haley did be considered a 'response', if she spent all of her time attacking Republicans and ignored the speech?

========================================

That's what I'm saying also.  This is the same disaster approach the GOPe used in 2012 on steroids.

How did that work out?

Offline flowers

I knew she was on the dark-side when she banned that flag.

Offline Mod1

When the mods see a personal attack, they'll respond appropriately.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
When the mods see a personal attack, they'll respond appropriately.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:59:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

Absolutely not, your connection of the terminology is what is nonsensical, and my post merely points that out.  Because someone chooses a terminology to use as their own is their own choice.  The people who originally meant that terminology to mean something else are not responsible for someone using it for something different - unless the copyright it and then allow its use.  Let's use ISIS as a comparative example - a very nasty group - well, they use the Islamic term Allah Akabar when they kill people in the name of Islam.  Now, we have establishment politicians falling all over themselves - literally going nuts telling people that this is not Isalm - even though Allah Akabar is a term that is very central to the Islalmic religion.  But here you are saying that because some nasty group co-opted a different term that was created by someone else for an entirely different purpose and meaning - that term's use becomes permanently tainted by them touching it.  That, my friend, is a logical fallacy.

Your rebuttal fails as the term 'Cuckservative' is used only by a very small, politically homogeneous group.  Furthermore, it is not a proper English word, but slang; so it does not exist elsewhere in the English lexicon.  With "Allahu Ackbar", those are standard Arabic words, so every Arab knows them, if not the two words combined.  Furthermore, that phrase is much like "Praise Jesus", so it's taught and used by a huge number of Arabs (and Muslims), so it is not a rare term found only used in small groups.

While it's possible that the term "Cuckservative" could be found elsewhere, using it in the manner developed by Stormfront and it's ilk shows either incredible luck to have recreated their exact same use or, more probably, someone whose associated (knowingly or not) with those that use the term.  Keep in mind that the Free Republic is riddled with moles from such places. 

But then, to top it off, the response has been outright scorn and hostility to a friendly 'heads-up'.

I thought it first to be a lack of knowledge on the matter, but the rapid and rabid response that never once acknowledged the information as intended; coupled with the distractors designed to muddle the issue has made me reconsider that point of view.

(spelling edits)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:15:40 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

Let us put it another way, even simpler for you to understand...at the bottom of my posts is a signature piece, it is a quotation by Bob Dylan.  Leftists everywhere also quote Bob Dylan.  By your logical fallacy, I am a leftist because I quote Bob Dylan too. Worse yet for poor Bob, he's both a leftist and a conservative because his stuff is quoted by both.  (And you happen to know the bible is quoted and widely used as well, by pretty much everyone, including fascists, jihadis and white separatists, along with communists, liberals, conservatives and even centrists. Pity the poor bible, it's responsible for everything).

The content of your posts is what allows for you to use Bob Dylan in your signature block without being lumped in those of his political bent.  If you simply posted the lyrics of his songs and nothing else, then you probably would be lumped in with them.

HonestJohn

Buckley's eternal truths on conservatism:

• That foremost among the transcendent values is the individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from the restrictions of arbitrary force;
  • That liberty is indivisible, and that political freedom cannot long exist without economic freedom;
  • That the purpose of government is to protect these freedoms through the preservation of internal order, the provision of national defense, and the administration of justice;
  • That the market economy, allocating resources by the free play of supply and demand, is the single economic system compatible with the requirements of personal freedom and constitutional government;
  • That the forces of international Communism are, at present, the greatest single threat to these liberties;
  • That the United States should stress victory over, rather than coexistence with, this menace.

Outside of the last two currently not being much of a threat, these are the definitive Conservative truths.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:21:03 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline GourmetDan

Once again, against all odds, the GOPe is about to do the impossible and elect Barack Obama's successor - Hillary Clinton.

Ripping Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory takes on new meaning.

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

Buckley's eternal truths on conservatism:

• That foremost among the transcendent values is the individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from the restrictions of arbitrary force;
  • That liberty is indivisible, and that political freedom cannot long exist without economic freedom;
  • That the purpose of government is to protect these freedoms through the preservation of internal order, the provision of national defense, and the administration of justice;
  • That the market economy, allocating resources by the free play of supply and demand, is the single economic system compatible with the requirements of personal freedom and constitutional government;
  • That the forces of international Communism are, at present, the greatest single threat to these liberties;
  • That the United States should stress victory over, rather than coexistence with, this menace.

Outside of the last two currently not being much of a threat, these are the definitive Conservative truths.

Buckley was also famous for saying "vote for the most conservative candidate who can win." Meaning the most viable conservative candidate.

That is a very important distinction. Without a successful candidate, conservatism gets relegated to the back bench.

Offline flowers

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

:laugh:  There was a point in time I laughed that off Dan. Not anymore.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Buckley was also famous for saying "vote for the most conservative candidate who can win." Meaning the most viable conservative candidate.

That is a very important distinction. Without a successful candidate, conservatism gets relegated to the back bench.
But among a large fraction of what I call "contemporary conservatives" what Buckley or Reagan said or did, are old hat, to be virtually ignored.

Now days the contemporary conservatives would urge to nominate the MOST conservative candidate, regardless of outcome.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln