Author Topic: Rising star Nikki Haley says she is open to becoming GOP running mate  (Read 7205 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Rising star Nikki Haley says she is open to becoming GOP running mate
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 07:39:23 pm »
But I object to the implication that, unless one is in favor of the South Carolina government waving that rag in front of its citizens that sincerely consider it racist, one's not a true conservative.
Many don't sincerely consider it racist and regard it as just a piece of cloth with some historical significance. Fabric cannot be racist. It is incapable of thought.

Maybe if we let our reason - not our emotions - rule in these areas ...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:41:47 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »
I'm a yankee, it's not up to me.  Whatever the folks in S.C. decide. 

But I object to the implication that, unless one is in favor of the South Carolina government waving that rag in front of its citizens that sincerely consider it racist, one's not a true conservative.

That "Rag" is held dear by many millions of Americans you jerk! And there isn't one damned racist thing about it!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:42:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »

You call that flag a "rag" and expect to be treated with respect?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 07:49:21 pm »
That "Rag" is held dear by many millions of Americans you jerk! And there isn't one damned racist thing about it!

:amen:

Offline flowers

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 07:52:24 pm »

Oh my another kool-aid moment for you. That flag stands for the fight, the civil war which occurred because of the federal government at that time (as it is doing now on steroids) overreaching, taxing and the most important reason was  THEY WERE TELLING STATES WHAT THEY COULD AND COULD NOT DO. slavery HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DESIGN OF THAT FLAG. I will say it again.......SLAVERY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DESIGN OF THAT FLAG, NOT THEN NOT EVER, ONLY IN THE RE-WRITING OF HISTORY BY THE LEFT TO DESTROY ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SOUTH

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »
She is truly a GOPe.....when she came out and banned the Dixie flag from the state capitol showed me her true colors.  :chairbang:

Yes. I thought that was an unnecessary capitulation to mass hysteria and political correctness.

She was weak when she should've stood strong.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:22:44 pm by aligncare »

Offline flowers

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »
Yes. I thought that was an unnecessary capitulation to mass hysteria and political correctness.

By her doing that one thing it made way for all to ban that flag and any other type of history they want out of sight forever.

Offline flowers

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

For her and her GOPe/dems that was not weak. That was a strong signal from her. She cares not about this country. None of them do...................only power. Voter base for centuries.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 08:42:48 pm »

Then exercise your first amendment right and fly the damn thing.   The issue is whether the symbolism it represents should be endorsed by the government.  While you may treasure the Confederate flag,  millions of others consider it an endorsement of racism - especially when flown by the government. 

As I said,  that's up to the citizens of South Carolina - not me - to decide.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 08:44:54 pm »
Oh my another kool-aid moment for you. That flag stands for the fight, the civil war which occurred because of the federal government at that time (as it is doing now on steroids) overreaching, taxing and the most important reason was  THEY WERE TELLING STATES WHAT THEY COULD AND COULD NOT DO. slavery HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DESIGN OF THAT FLAG. I will say it again.......SLAVERY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DESIGN OF THAT FLAG, NOT THEN NOT EVER, ONLY IN THE RE-WRITING OF HISTORY BY THE LEFT TO DESTROY ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SOUTH

It is because many people only know the lies that were taught to them in school about the War of Northern Aggression.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

That's your opinion.  It is the opinion of many others that it is a symbol of abiding racism.  My opinion on the matter of its being flown officially by the South Carolina government is irrelevant.  But times change and attitudes change.   As for me,  I fly one flag and one flag only - the American flag.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 08:47:03 pm »
It is because many people only know the lies that were taught to them in school about the War of Northern Aggression.

History is written by the victors.  The South lost - get over it.   

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 08:49:40 pm »
Then exercise your first amendment right and fly the damn thing.   The issue is whether the symbolism it represents should be endorsed by the government.  While you may treasure the Confederate flag,  millions of others consider it an endorsement of racism - especially when flown by the government. 

As I said,  that's up to the citizens of South Carolina - not me - to decide.
The citizens of SC did not decide.....she did. Millions have been fed lies about that flag for decades. As have you. I usually have you on ignore. After this thread i will resume doing so.

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »
History is written by the victors.  The South lost - get over it.
Our public school system has been indoctrinating yutes for decades re-writing history.  I see you must have been one in that system.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 08:56:34 pm »
The citizens of SC did not decide.....she did. Millions have been fed lies about that flag for decades. As have you. I usually have you on ignore. After this thread i will resume doing so.

Sounds like good advice, I've wasted more than enough time reading and responding to this tripe.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 09:01:28 pm »

That's a good point. Why not have held a referendum on whether South Carolinians support the flag on state buildings, instead of this executive action. Given the sensitive nature and the symbolism involved, direct democracy could have settled the issue.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:06 pm »
Sounds like good advice, I've wasted more than enough time reading and responding to this tripe.

Funny how a new one steps up to the plate as an old one heads out the door... ain't it...      :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

HonestJohn

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 09:46:17 pm »
The designer of the Confederate flag, quoted:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:26 pm »

...and the founders of American self-government owned slaves. Should their history, their lives be stricken from the record?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »
Funny how a new one steps up to the plate as an old one heads out the door... ain't it...      :silly:

:pondering:

:silly:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »

The people of South Carolina were fine with the flag flying - in fact, that black pastor that got murdered in the black church by the guy "conveniently" flashing the Confederate flag was a South Carolina State Senator who voted to fly the flag.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 10:15:49 pm »

oops....I was wrong about that.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:17:30 pm by flowers »

HonestJohn

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:11 pm »
...and the founders of American self-government owned slaves. Should their history, their lives be stricken from the record?

I'm responding to the assertion that "SLAVERY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DESIGN OF THAT FLAG, NOT THEN NOT EVER, ONLY IN THE RE-WRITING OF HISTORY BY THE LEFT TO DESTROY ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SOUTH".

I didn't want to hit the 'quote' button as the font used was extremely large.

I don't really care about this issue, but I do care enough to post when someone is misinformed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:25:54 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Carling

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »
oops....I was wrong about that.  :whistle:

Somewhat.  Thompson's flag ideas were as follows.  The Confederacy's version left out the "white" part that Thompson talks about.  It is still based on Thompson's design, but it leaves out the "white" portion of the original design that Thompson meant to have stand for the white race.

Semantics, but leftists are not being completely "Honest" when they post images of the Confederate flag with Thompson's quote.   :whistle:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:27:11 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------