Author Topic: Disgraced ex-politician John Edwards back practicing law and now vying to lead 'goldmine' case against Volkswagen over emissions cheating  (Read 629 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3395447/Ex-politician-John-Edwards-lawyers-vying-lead-role-Volkswagen-suit.html

'This case has ingredients I've spent my life working on,' Edwards told Reuters in an interview on Monday. The litigation against Volkswagen, he said, requires trial expertise, regulatory know-how and a global perspective.

In his letter, Edwards highlighted his acquaintance with foreign heads of state, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

His work with international leaders, he said, gives him 'a deep understanding of the global impact' of cases like Volkswagen's.

A Volkswagen representative did not immediately respond to an email request for comment.

Edwards has attempted to keep a low profile since his political career was destroyed by his affair with actress Rielle Hunter, who gave birth to their daughter Frances Quinn in 2008.

The scandal destroyed his marriage to wife Elizabeth, who then died in 2010 following a six-year illness.

And months later, he was charged in connection with nearly $1 million in contributions that were allegedly intended to cover up an extramarital affair he conducted while he was running for president in 2008.

He avoided jail after the jury could not reach a verdict on all charges at the 2012 trial, and the Justice Department dropped remaining counts.

In 2014, his eldest daughter Cate, who has studied law at both Harvard and Princeton, told the Washington Post that she stands by her father despite his discrepancies.

And last year, Rielle Hunter issued a public apology on the Huffington Post for exposing her affair with Edwards - as she promoted a new edition of her book What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter And Me.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Eh...give it a few years and Volkswagen will be Allahbus...and we will be worried about entirely different forms of emission from it  :smokin:
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

Eh...give it a few years and Volkswagen will be Allahbus...and we will be worried about entirely different forms of emission from it  :smokin:
That is very true. I give it less than 2 years.

Offline EdinVA

...she stands by her father despite his discrepancies

discrepancies?  Did he miss a question on a test or something?   :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
discrepancies?  Did he miss a question on a test or something?   :silly:

Yeah, the one where they asked him, "Are you telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Yeah, the one where they asked him, "Are you telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"
He didn't when he said there are two Americas. His and ours.

HAPPY2BME

The difference between John Edwards and Bill Clinton is that Edwards can still 'practice' law, and Bill Clinton was permanently disbarred for getting caught 'doing' Monica Lewinsky while in the Oval Office.