Author Topic: New York village votes to keep logo criticized as racist  (Read 471 times)

Offline EdinVA

New York village votes to keep logo criticized as racist
« on: January 13, 2016, 02:48:59 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/12/new-york-village-votes-to-keep-logo-criticized-as-racist.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Folks in a central New York village want to keep the community's official logo, which appears to show a white man choking a Native American, even though critics call it racist.
In a non-binding vote Monday night, residents of Whitesboro -- a village of about 3,700 in Oneida County -- voted 157-55 to not change their current seal.   
The Whitesboro website says the emblem dates to the early 1900s and depicts a friendly wrestling match between village founder Hugh White and an Oneida Indian.
It says White won the match and the lasting goodwill of the Oneidas.
"In 1963, the Seal was re-designed by local artist, Gerald E. Pugh, to commemorate the Village's Sesquicentennial," the town says on its website.
"In an article of the Observer Dispatch, written by Joe Kelly in 1977, a notice of claim was filed with the Village Board saying the seal depicts a 'white man choking an Indian' and said the seal demeans, disgraces and creates prejudice and distrust of Indian people," a statement on the "history" section of the town's website says.

Offline Carling

Re: New York village votes to keep logo criticized as racist
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:35:26 am »
I didn't think I was at all PC but wow, really?  That looks like something from a South Park episode circa 2001.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:45:12 am »

I don't think it's the logo their going after. It's the 'white' in Whitesboro bugging them.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:46:29 am »
bizarre...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 05:15:51 am »
Since our country seems to be re-writing history in the name of diversity, maybe they can change it around to the Indian scalping the white guy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee