Author Topic: Report: Obama Wants to Become UN Secretary General, Netanyahu Doing Everything He Can to Stop Him  (Read 605 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/01/10/report-obama-wants-to-become-un-secretary-general-netanyahu-doing-everything-he-can-to-stop-him-n2102416/print

Report: Obama Wants to Become UN Secretary General, Netanyahu Doing Everything He Can to Stop Him
Leah Barkoukis
1/10/2016 9:08:00 AM - Leah Barkoukis

It seems President Obama has no intention of stepping out of the White House and fading from the limelight. No, he’s got his sights set on the world stage—this time as secretary general of the United Nations, according to Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida.

But not all world leaders are keen to see this come to fruition, including first and foremost, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The Washington Times reports:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly is planning payback for President Obama’s dismissing Mr. Netanyahu’s objections to the Iran nuclear deal last year. Mr. Netanyahu is said to be rallying moderate Arabs to thwart Mr. Obama’s bid to become the Secretary-General of the United Nations after he leaves the White House next year.

Mr. Obama has already discussed the issue with Republican, Democratic and Jewish officials in the United States, according to Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida.

Mr. Netanyahu recently is said to have gotten wind of Obama’s plans which he calls the Obama Project. “Wasn’t eight years of having Obama in office enough?” Mr. Netanyahu is quoted in the Kuwaiti daily as telling associates. “Eight years during which he ignored Israel? And now he wants to be in a position that is liable to cause us hardships in the international arena.”

Further gripes Israel has with President Obama include the U.S. “moving closer to the Muslim Brotherhood, toppling the regime of Hosni Mubarak, and attempts to ally itself with political Islam,” the paper quotes a Netanyahu aide as saying.

U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon's term expires in early 2017, making Obama’s bid for the position a possibility. Last year after his speech at West Point, some pointed out that he sounded an awful lot like he was campaigning for the role.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

IIRC, Clintoon wanted to do the same thing...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that no permanent member of the UN Security Council may also hold the Sec Gen's chair.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that no permanent member of the UN Security Council may also hold the Sec Gen's chair.

I was going to add that the UN undoubtedly wouldn't want an American either, but then I remembered that we were talking about 0bama.

Offline PzLdr

Except for the moon of Endor, and a lack of talent, he could've tried for Galactic Emperor, a job he probably thinks he is richly suited for.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

Except for the moon of Endor, and a lack of talent, he could've tried for Galactic Emperor, a job he probably thinks he is richly suited for.

Got a good chuckle out of that one. :laugh:

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

That's the way it used to be, not sure if it's been changed.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online andy58-in-nh

You are correct. Wanna bet they'll find a way of making an exception for The One?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You are correct. Wanna bet they'll find a way of making an exception for The One?

I would be very happy if an exception to any further participation of any kind in the UN by the United States were made!

And they can have B O for their Sec General today for all I care!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I thought I recalled it from when our Bliar (not a typo) was stepping down. He was angling for it too and got slapped down hard.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

I thought I recalled it from when our Bliar (not a typo) was stepping down. He was angling for it too and got slapped down hard.
Blair was for the war, you know way better than I. They destroyed him. obama will be the perfect one. He hates USA more than UN does.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Agree.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Andy wrote above:
"Wanna bet they'll find a way of making an exception for The One?"

They won't need to.

After he leaves office, obama will declare that he really was born in Kenya, and that he's "reclaiming his lost Kenyan citizenship", and will therefore be eligible for the position!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Andy wrote above:
"Wanna bet they'll find a way of making an exception for The One?"

They won't need to.

After he leaves office, obama will declare that he really was born in Kenya, and that he's "reclaiming his lost Kenyan citizenship", and will therefore be eligible for the position!

That is possible. There are already rumors that he may be moving to one of the Muslim Gulf States.

Wouldn't that be something? An ex-President who renounces his American citizenship (which is already in question, btw) and then moves to a Muslim country, claims he is in fact a Muslim, and declares citizenship there. That would be a political and national security earthquake. Everything Obama has ever seen, would have to be changed and procedures would have to be altered.

We have to hope that Obama does not have access to the names of foreign operatives, because they would be in jeopardy. With Hussein Obama, nothing is out of the question.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.