Author Topic: NFL playoff thread (Jan. 2016)  (Read 6465 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: NFL playoff thread (Jan. 2016)
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »
Where did those ugly mascots come from?

(Please keep the Donald off a football thread.  We need some relief....... )
I have to second that emotion! I use sports and cooking to escape the insanity of politics. :)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2016, 03:16:27 pm »
It's a joke!  A gag...  pokes fun at Trump more than anything else!  All of a sudden no one has a sense of humor any more?   :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2016, 03:18:35 pm »
It's a joke!  A gag...  pokes fun at Trump more than anything else!  All of a sudden no one has a sense of humor any more?   :shrug:
Sorry, katz, I was only half serious in my complaint. The logos were funny and quite clever, actually.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2016, 03:21:30 pm »
The logos come from UPROXX: http://uproxx.com/sports/donald-trump-nfl-logos/, was posted here late last year.  I thought of the names while running errands and listening to Glenn Beck yesterday morning!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:22:07 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2016, 04:08:44 pm »

Yes.  I have a wonderful, fully intact sense of humor.

I just don't want to see Donald Trump's face when I'm on a football thread.  It's bad enough that he's everywhere else we look.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »
It took 30 minutes of Football before my Seahawks woke up and the 24 to 0 beat-down of the Panthers began all second half. What the Seahawks started, I hope and pray the Cardinals finish this Sunday, and destroy Cam Newton's hopes of making it to Super Bowl 50.    Can't stand that pompous ass.

Hope Super Bowl 50 is Cardinals vs. Broncos

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »
It took 30 minutes of Football before my Seahawks woke up and the 24 to 0 beat-down of the Panthers began all second half. What the Seahawks started, I hope and pray the Cardinals finish this Sunday, and destroy Cam Newton's hopes of making it to Super Bowl 50.    Can't stand that pompous ass.

I wonder where the game will be played on Sunday.  The Carolinas are getting hammered!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2016, 01:13:30 am »

:amen:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:22 pm »
Remember when they used to get people who could actually sing to sing the National Anthem at NFL football games??  (Like Robert Merrill??)

No offense to anyone who likes the guy (whoever he was),  but that was really bad!

It made my heart hurt.....   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:58 pm »
GO MANNING......  beat brady............

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »

Me too. Western regional pride. The people that headed west were risk takers, fearless. "From Sea to Shining Sea."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
As much as I have been a Peyton fan for his whole career, I think that Tom & Bill will take this one. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2016, 08:29:53 pm »
As much as I have been a Peyton fan for his whole career, I think that Tom & Bill will take this one.

Peyton 7, Tom 0.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2016, 08:33:02 pm »
Peyton 7, Tom 0.    :laugh:

Could be foretelling!  I told my son the only way the Pats lose is if Ware and Miller can harass Brady all day.  Throw in a couple of turnovers and all bets are off!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »
Broncos are manhandling little Tommy.

I LIKE it!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 11:31:49 pm »
Oh, wow!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2016, 11:35:06 pm »
Half of the Western Regional Super Bowl is in the records. Denver - my childhood state, and birthplace state of my two younger brothers.

Next Arizona needs to win.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2016, 11:36:40 pm »
Half of the Western Regional Super Bowl is in the records. Denver - my childhood state, and birthplace state of my two younger brothers.

Next Arizona needs to win.

Congratulations, t_s!  The better team won.  The more honorable quarterback won.

It's all GOOD!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »
Could be foretelling!  I told my son the only way the Pats lose is if Ware and Miller can harass Brady all day.  Throw in a couple of turnovers and all bets are off!

LOL, I should have listened to myself!!   :shrug:

Now, to ruin t_s's dream, Cam must come through!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:40:21 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2016, 11:40:11 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2016, 11:46:36 pm »
The haze wafting over Denver should be very mellow in nature.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2016, 01:01:18 am »
Yes!

Not looking good right now, but maybe??

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2016, 01:31:39 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2016, 02:18:38 am »
Not looking good right now, but maybe??
Ugh, Carolina's looking too good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2016, 02:45:18 am »