General Category > Politics/Government

Sanders: Bill Clinton's scandals 'totally disgraceful'

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/265297-sanders-bill-clintons-scandals-totally-disgraceful

By Lisa Hagen - 01/08/16 06:29 PM EST

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Friday called Bill Clinton’s sexual scandals “totally disgraceful and unacceptable” but said he would not use the former president's infidelities against Hillary Clinton.

Sanders' comments came after an Iowa town hall attendee raised Bill Clinton's affair in the White House and questioned if Hillary Clinton was qualified to be president, the Washington Post reported.

“My question to you is, isn't one of the qualifications to be president to have some kind of moral authority?,” the attendee asked Sanders. “I mean, how can you tell a Secret Service agent that he has to be fired for having an affair with a prostitute in a hotel room, but support a president who has an affair -- a known affair -- in the White House. It seems to me she isn't qualified."

"I hear what you’re saying,” Sanders responded. “Hillary Clinton is not Bill Clinton. What Bill Clinton did, I think we can all acknowledge was totally, totally, totally disgraceful and unacceptable.

“But I am running against Hillary Clinton. I am not running against Bill Clinton,” he continued. “What we need to do as a nation is focus on the bloody issues facing this country."

Sanders said he would not discuss the personal lives of his rivals and would instead focus on the issues.

"I am not going to get into the personal stuff,” Sanders said, according to The Washington Examiner. “We're looking at somebody who, in a long political career — you can call my friends in Vermont to verify this — I've never run a negative TV ad in my life.

"I am running against Hillary Clinton, we're not running against Bill Clinton," Sanders continued. "But I am running against Hillary Clinton, and I believe ... what we need to do as a nation — certainly something the Republicans are not doing — is focus on the bloody issues facing this country."

Bill Clinton’s past is again under scrutiny after Donald Trump raised his past infidelities, calling him “one of the great woman abusers of all time.”

Trump defended his attacks, saying Bill Clinton was fair game after Hillary Clinton accused the GOP front-runner of having a "penchant for sexism."

Scottftlc:
Has there ever been a more delusional presidential candidate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version