Author Topic: Rep. Royce: Next President’s Terrorism Strategy Should Be to Defeat It, Not Contain It  (Read 659 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Royce: Next President’s Terrorism Strategy Should Be to Defeat It, Not Contain It

(CNSNews.com) – During a discussion on U.S. foreign policy and how the next president can restore U.S. leadership around the world, Rep. Ed Royce (R- Calif.), head of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said the next president should have a “new strategy” when it comes to fighting radical Islamic terrorism.

“With respect to terrorism -- there's a new strategy, and our strategy is not to contain it. It is to defeat it, and you take it from there,” Royce said on Friday at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C.

CNSNews.com asked Royce what should be the top priority for the next president in the effort to restore U.S. leadership around the world.

“Well I think the first priority is to lay out a strategy in which we are going to lead,” Royce said, “and I think reaching out - first to our Democratic allies and then to our other friends around the world - in order to lay out what that strategy is going to look like.

“I think also in terms of explaining the rules of the road internationally, okay?” Royce said, citing China’s recent territorial grab in the South China Sea as an example of international laws being ignored, as CNN reported [1] in October 2015.

“So I think it’s important that we work with the international community and with our Democratic allies and others to say, ‘These are the rules, and we’re not going to violate the rules.’”

“With respect to terrorism, there’s a new strategy,” Royce said, “and our strategy is not to contain it. It’s to defeat it, and you take it from there.”
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/rep-royce-next-presidents-terrorism-strategy-should-be-defeat-it-not

HonestJohn

Terror is a tactic.  You defeat those that use it.

Identify who is using it, then defeat the named enemy nation, organization, group, whatever.

Calling to defeat "terrorism" is as stupid as someone calling to defeat "unrestricted submarine warfare" instead of Nazi Germany is WWII.

14 years after 911 and we still don't understand this?!?

Offline libertybele

Identify who is using it, then defeat the named enemy nation, organization, group, whatever.

Calling to defeat "terrorism" is as stupid as someone calling to defeat "unrestricted submarine warfare" instead of Nazi Germany is WWII.

Exactly.  14 years after 911 and our borders are still wide open.  However, they have been left open by design. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

rangerrebew

Obama is devoid of any sense of military tactics.  He's still trying to figure what a corpse-man does.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Playing semantic games, avoids the core fact: All civilized society worldwide is under attack, by Islamic extremists using terror tactics.

Whether you say "defeat terror" or "defeat Islamic extremists" it has the same meaning.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rep. Royce:
Next President’s Terrorism Strategy Should Be to Defeat It, Not Contain It

Memo to Rep. Royce:
Defeating "terrorism" cannot defeat the enemy we face.

Because that enemy is not "terrorism" per se.
Terrorism is a -tactic- used by that enemy.

Do you have any idea who -- or what -- our "real enemy" is...?

Aside:
I composed this before I read any of the responses to the article.
I see HonestJohn beat me to it, but I'm postin' anyway!

Aside #2:
This is why -- so long as we are governed by those who will not confront reality (or cannot comprehend what that reality is) -- we are destined to lose this struggle...