Author Topic: Coulter: Cruz is not a natural born citizen  (Read 28759 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Coulter: Cruz is not a natural born citizen
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
Some threads were meant to die and stay buried.  Then there a some like this thread ....
A total Cluster F*ck and Fubar.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »
Some threads were meant to die and stay buried.  Then there a some like this thread ....
A total Cluster F*ck and Fubar.

:amen: 888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:29 pm »
The courts no longer follow our constitution. Abortion, same sex marriage, property forfeitures, warrantless
searches, etc. In practical terms yes Cruz can probably run. But those of us that still believe in our
Constitution will never vote for another Obama. (Not an NBC).

I would vote for Cruz.   I figure they get a freebie,  so we get a freebie too. 

:) 

I always envisioned there would be a heavy eligibility fight though.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »
By your twisted interpretation...Trump shouldn't be President.

I'm not even going to ask from what fringe of lunacy you acquired that theory. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2017, 08:55:17 pm »
@jpsb
At the time of his birth the Panama Canal Zone was a UN-incorporated US territory.   Which means it was not subject to the US constitution.  Otherwise every person born in the zone would have been a US citizen.

No he is a citizen because his father was a citizen and was in the military assigned to the canal zone.

McCain was a citizen because of his father not an NBC, he is a NBC because  the
US Senate passed a non-binding resolution that McCain was a "natural born Citizen"
of the United States. Which ended the debate over NBC for McCain. Maybe the
Senate will do the same for Cruz? What are the chances?

I can't find the documentation now, but there was a period of time when the Panama
Canal zone was considered an incorporated US territory. McCain was born during this
period.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »

I would vote for Cruz.   I figure they get a freebie,  so we get a freebie too. 

If he were running against a Hillary I'd vote for him too. A Hillary must never be allowed
to be CIC.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2017, 09:01:31 pm »

What part of the US Constitution is that in?    Because if it is in anything subsequent to the US Constitution,  it cannot override the meaning and intent of what the Constitution itself says.   

The meaning of the US constitution can only be changed through amendment.   Acts of congress can't do it.

Enacted pursuant to Article 1 Section 8 and Article V

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:02 pm »
If he were running against a Hillary I'd vote for him too. A Hillary must never be allowed
to be CIC.

I think I would have voted for Bernie Sanders if it was a choice between him and Hillary.   Bernie is an idiot.  Hillary is an evil, psychotic idiot. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:48 pm »
Enacted pursuant to Article 1 Section 8 and Article V

You cannot back door constitutional amendments through acts of congress. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »

You cannot back door constitutional amendments through acts of congress.

A literal reading of your above sentence is in direct contradiction to Article V

Article V
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution........

The Constitution, via Article V, says specifically that acts of congress when passed by 2/3rds of both houses and ratified by the legislatures of 3/4ths of the states "shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the constitution."

So constitutional amendments via acts of Congress is one of the methods specifically enumerated as a means of modifying the Constitution and is directly contradictory to your assertion.  This was the case of the 14th Amendment and is why USC title 8 section 1401 subsection (a) exists.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:54 pm »
A literal reading of your above sentence is in direct contradiction to Article V

Article V
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution........

The Constitution, via Article V, says specifically that acts of congress when passed by 2/3rds of both houses and ratified by the legislatures of 3/4ths of the states "shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the constitution."

So constitutional amendments via acts of Congress is one of the methods specifically enumerated as a means of modifying the Constitution and is directly contradictory to your assertion.  This was the case of the 14th Amendment and is why USC title 8 section 1401 subsection (a) exists.

I hate it when liberals change the definition of something so that they can get their way.

From Wiki:
An Act of Congress is a statute enacted by the United States Congress. It can either be
a Public Law, relating to the general public, or a Private Law, relating to specific institutions
or individuals.

And act of Congress requires and simple majority in both houses. Not a 2/3 super majority and
then the approval of 3/4 of the states. Claiming the amendment process is an Act of Congress
is flat out lying. It's not.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2017, 09:37:57 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
 OMGGGGGGG    ... and the thread that just won't quit continues to go absolutely nowhere....
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2017, 10:32:50 pm »

The 14th amendment WAS a constitutional amendment. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2017, 10:34:12 pm »
OMGGGGGGG    ... and the thread that just won't quit continues to go absolutely nowhere....

You can lead horses to water,  but you can't make them drink it.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2017, 12:33:36 am »

I wish there were some way to say "NO MORE" to threads I have posted on.

This dingbat thread keeps coming up in my feed and I want it to DIE!!

Mark as read
Mark as read
Mark as read
Mark as read.....
 :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.