Author Topic: Coulter: Cruz is not a natural born citizen  (Read 28758 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Coulter: Cruz is not a natural born citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:58 am »

I frankly don't think it really matters. I wasn't born in the United States and I love America with every fiber of my being. Could never leave it for my birth country or anyplace else in the world.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 01:49:34 am »
If the law was truly clear, there would not be a question or a debate....

Easy peazy.

Ah, yes, like what the second amendment actually means.  Or, the first?  Or, fourteenth?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 02:03:42 am »
Coulter and Trump........... quite a team.

Go CRUZ! 

(Who, incidentally, had the Constitution memorized at age 13, and with whom neither Coulter nor Trump should ever argue).
:0001:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/06/new-hampshire-poll-donald-trump-on-top-rubio-second-ted-cruz-drops-to-sixth/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 03:23:27 am »
Trump has NOTHING else to fight Cruz on ... now that Trump has made this a focus to destroy Cruz, the left will fight Cruz on this as well as the GOPe, which would eventually lead to having a ruling by the SCOTUS which basically knocks Cruz out of the picture due to obvious time constraints.  I am absolutely sickened by this. Perhaps Trump feels that by knocking Cruz out of the picture he will capture his votes?  I definitely don't see that happening at all. Quite the opposite. We have Trump to thank for what now?  Handing Hillary the oval office??  Joy.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:33:31 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 03:30:22 am »
Oh poor CRUZIE, the victim.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 03:34:15 am »
Oh poor CRUZIE, the victim.

...and so you are a Trump supporter??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 03:37:44 am »
Trump has NOTHING else to fight Cruz on ... he's tried and failed.  However, the left will fight Cruz on this as well as the GOPe, so looks like this will have to have a ruling on by the Supremes, which basically knocks Cruz out of the picture due to obvious time constraints.  To say the least, I am very saddened by this.  Perhaps Trump feels that knocking Cruz out of the picture he will capture his votes?  I don't see that happening now at all. Quite the opposite.    Interesting that at one point in time, Trump said he would pick Cruz as his VP.  Certainly that's not going to happen either due to the challenge now regarding Cruz being a natural born citizen.

We have Trump to thank for what now?

I wouldn't go that far at all, LB.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think that it is going to amount to all that much.

Yes, the Democrats will certainly go after Cruz on this if he wins the Republican nomination.  (Whether or not Trump or anyone else talks about this now.  Do you remember, Alan Grayson has already come out on record (I think that it was on Alan Colmes radio show) saying the day after Cruz wins the nomination (if he did), that Grayson would be filing a challenge in federal court.?)

(Also, remember, that HRC was the original 'birther.')

However, it is my opinion, that the body politic has moved beyond caring what the definition of "natural born citizen" actually meant at the time the Constitution was written.  It is very sad at one level, for the Nation (and the free world), but from a practical angle, I don't believe that Ted Cruz, nor almost anyone else, has to be worried about whether or not he/she meets the Founder's intention for the NBC requirement.  In other words, that ship has sailed.

I am fairly certain that Ted Cruz will manage his way through this, should he become the Republican nominee. 

Edited to add link to Grayson-Colmes interview: http://www.mediaite.com/online/dem-rep-declares-he-will-file-that-beautiful-lawsuit-if-canadian-born-cruz-wins-presidency/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:18:14 am by katzenjammer »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 03:54:25 am »
Cruz is right - Trump's bully routine has indeed jumped the shark.   Cruz should just play things for laughs and paint Trump as a whackadoodle.  Of course Cruz is eligible for the Presidency - his mother was from Delaware, the First State. 

Better to mock Trump than attack him.   Don't make his supporters angry, make them embarrassed.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 03:56:28 am »
I wouldn't go that far at all, LB.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think that it is going to amount to all that much.

Yes, the Democrats will certainly go after Cruz on this if he wins the Republican nomination.  (Whether or not Trump or anyone else talks about this now.  Do you remember, Alan Greyson has already come out on record (I think that it was on Alan Colmes radio show) saying the day after Cruz wins the nomination (if he did), that Greyson would be filing a challenge in federal court.?)

Also, remember, that HRC was the original 'birther.'

However, it is my opinion, that the body politic has moved beyond caring what the definition of "natural born citizen" actually meant at the time the Constitution was written.  It is very sad at one level, for the Nation (and the free world), but from a practical angle, I don't believe that Ted Cruz, nor almost anyone else, has to be worried about whether or not he/she meets the Founder's intention for the NBC requirement.  In other words, that ship has sailed.

I am fairly certain that Ted Cruz will manage his way through this, should he become the Republican nominee.

My sentiments exactly!  Thanks Katz!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 04:11:02 am »
My sentiments exactly!  Thanks Katz!  :beer:

:patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 04:52:25 am »
Trump has said he "doing Cruz a favor".  I think he's right.
I'm guessing Senator Cruz doesn't see it that way.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:38 am »
If Cruz is indeed a "natural born citizen" although born in a foreign country to one citizen parent, how is it that we were all arguing that Barack Hussein O was NOT a natural born citizen if he had been born in Kenya to one citizen parent?  And if being born in Kenya versus the USA did not matter, why did OPapaDoc bother to produce a birth cert?

Having said all that this is obviously a moot point since no one who has standing to sue, will sue?  Or will they?  It is one thing not to sue over the election of the first black POTUS.  But can we be sure that every trial lawyer turned attorney general in every nutball state will resist the temptation to sue a duly elected "right wing flame thrower?"

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 05:20:57 am »
...and so you are a Trump supporter??
I am a "nobody yet" supporter. My state's primary is in June 2016.

What the Donald says about citizenship IS likely to come up, should Cruz win the nomination, or be appointed to be the VP candidate.

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 05:21:30 am »
If Cruz is indeed a "natural born citizen" although born in a foreign country to one citizen parent, how is it that we were all arguing that Barack Hussein O was NOT a natural born citizen if he had been born in Kenya to one citizen parent?  And if being born in Kenya versus the USA did not matter, why did OPapaDoc bother to produce a birth cert?

Having said all that this is obviously a moot point since no one who has standing to sue, will sue?  Or will they?  It is one thing not to sue over the election of the first black POTUS.  But can we be sure that every trial lawyer turned attorney general in every nutball state will resist the temptation to sue a duly elected "right wing flame thrower?"

Obama and the state of Hawaii claim he was born in Hawaii.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 05:32:57 am »
True enough, and the province of Alberta may claim Cruz was born there, too.

However if the democrats use the same approach the "contemporary conservatives" used with Obama, they will need to melt the tundra all the way to the North Pole to scrutinize the "facts" and "evidence" and "proof." Maybe young Ted was really born in Havana, to a different father or mother.

For the right price, Dr. Orly Taitz, Esquire herself might be available, if she isn't drilling teeth of showing real estate that day.

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 05:47:30 am »
True enough, and the province of Alberta may claim Cruz was born there, too.

However if the democrats use the same approach the "contemporary conservatives" used with Obama, they will need to melt the tundra all the way to the North Pole to scrutinize the "facts" and "evidence" and "proof." Maybe young Ted was really born in Havana, to a different father or mother.

For the right price, Dr. Orly Taitz, Esquire herself might be available, if she isn't drilling teeth of showing real estate that day.

Now when you say democrats do you mean Trump and Coulter?  Because I'm not seeing any elected or media rats claiming Senator Cruz is ineligible to run, nor interestingly any other GOP candidates.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 01:31:29 pm »
Now when you say democrats do you mean Trump and Coulter?  Because I'm not seeing any elected or media rats claiming Senator Cruz is ineligible to run, nor interestingly any other GOP candidates.

Point well made.  :beer:  The rumor that there is the possibility that Trump is merely a siphon for the DEMS is becoming more of a reality. We shall soon see.  Trump has undoubtedly spent much more time attacking his opponents than Hillary or Bernie.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 02:00:09 pm »

Yes.  But my point is what if he had not been born in Hawaii?  That scenario lines up precisely to the Cruz situation.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 02:25:50 pm »
My understanding is that the law at the time of Obama's hatching, er, birth, the citizen-parent in that scenario (born outside of the US) had to be of legal age, then 21, to impart her US citizenship on the baby. Hussein's mother reportedly was 18.

My memory may be faulty on that point - like Hillary, I once suffered a concussion.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:56:43 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 02:29:46 pm »

Because that train has long since left the station! 

Obama's alleged father was a British subject at the time of Obama's birth and thus Obama cannot possibly be a "Natural Born Citizen of the United States" regardless of his place of birth!  Wouldn't matter if he had been born in Washington DC!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:40:01 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »

Few people in politics strive to "do the right thing".   Most adhere to the philosophy of "you screwed me, so I'm going to screw you".    So, sure, if Cruz is the nominee expect the Dems to go all birther on him.   Trump's the Dems' guy, so it makes perfect sense.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain questions Cruz’s eligibility for president
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/265027-mccain-questions-cruzs-eligibility-for-president

January 06, 2016, 10:04 pm
McCain questions Cruz’s eligibility for president

By Lisa Hagen

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Wednesday questioned Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) eligibility to be president, piling on to recent attacks over the Texas senator’s citizenship.

“I don’t know the answer to that,” McCain said of Cruz’s eligibility in a radio interview on “The Chris Merrill Show” in Arizona, which was reported by BuzzFeed.

“I know it came up in my race because I was born in Panama, but I was born in the Canal Zone which is a territory. Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona when it was a territory when he ran in 1964.”

McCain, the 2008 GOP nominee, faced similar skepticism while he was running for president, but McCain noted that there are differences between his and Cruz’s birthplaces.

The Arizona senator was born on a U.S. military base. Cruz was born in Canada, but his mother was a U.S. citizen.

“Yeah, it was a U.S. military base,” McCain said. “That’s different from being born on foreign soil, so I think there is a question. I am not a Constitutional scholar on that, but I think it’s worth looking into. I don’t think it’s illegitimate to look into it.”

The Constitution says that in order to run for president, one must be a "natural born citizen" — long regarded as anyone born to a U.S. citizen, regardless of where that person is born.

McCain’s comments came as GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump has questioned whether Cruz is a natural born citizen and suggested the Texas senator go to the federal court to resolve the matter.

“You go to federal court, you ask for a declaratory judgment. Once the court rules, you have your decision,” Trump said in a Wednesday interview with CNN. “That will clear it all up."

Cruz is pushing back on claims over his citizenship, saying he never owned a Canadian passport.

"Of course not," Cruz told CNN earlier Wednesday. "Yes, I'm sure. The media, with all due respect, love to engage in silly sideshows. We need to focus on what matters."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McCain questions Cruz’s eligibility for president
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 03:14:52 pm »
McCain the biggest of the RINO's jumps on board the Trump train now in derailing Cruz.  Interesting.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 03:18:19 pm »
A far more honest headline would be "McCain questioned on Cruz's eligibility."

Deception, deception everywhere - so who is The Hill in the tank for?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016, 03:54:41 pm »
It sure seems like a legitimate question, after the hassle raised with Obama.