Author Topic: Rush: Caller: My Republican Friends and Relatives Won’t Vote for Trump  (Read 4160 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Rush: Caller: My Republican Friends and Relatives Won’t Vote for Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 12:22:47 am »
I agree, Scottftlc.   That was an inappropriate and stupid thing for me to say and I apologize.   I am going to edit that post.

:beer:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 12:38:40 am »
So why not Fiorina?   I like your construct of a leader who can go up against Putin.  Fiorina could stand toe to toe with him,  and so could Chris Christie.   I'm not so sure about Cruz and Rubio.

Jazz, your making me think... stop!
I really don't know why I am not a fan of Fiorina.
I don't dislike her, I just don't connect.
I think in an academic arena (purely business) she would really be good but when there are thousands, maybe millions of lives involved in the decision, can she make the call?
I have somewhat the same concern about Cruz but not as much.
Christie's time has come and gone, too much baggage.  Too touchy feely with Obama, bridge gate.. etc.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 12:40:53 am »
So why not Fiorina?   I like your construct of a leader who can go up against Putin.  Fiorina could stand toe to toe with him,  and so could Chris Christie.   I'm not so sure about Cruz and Rubio.

If I may interject. Over the last half year I have expressed my admiration for all our GOP candidates. But, at some point, I had to make a judgment. Who can beat the democrat the media is coronating?

Fiorina is a brilliant rhetorician, but in my judgment lacks the personal magnetism to garner support. And to date, I am proven right about her. Her poll numbers are dismal.

Chris Christie talks a tough game. But, as a former prosecutor, his instinct is to prosecute terrorists. He said as much in the debates. Terrorism, contrary to what Obama thinks, is not a law-enforcement matter, it's a national security matter. This is important to me. So, I happen to disagree with Christie's approach.

I love Ted Cruz. But, in my judgment, he cannot beat Hillary, or any other candidate the democrats put up.

It's a judgment call. And my judgment just happens to differ from yours.

So, there you have it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:41:13 pm by aligncare »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:34 pm »
Jazz, your making me think... stop!
I really don't know why I am not a fan of Fiorina.
I don't dislike her, I just don't connect.
I think in an academic arena (purely business) she would really be good but when there are thousands, maybe millions of lives involved in the decision, can she make the call?
I have somewhat the same concern about Cruz but not as much.
Christie's time has come and gone, too much baggage.  Too touchy feely with Obama, bridge gate.. etc.

Carly's my choice right now, for a lot of reasons, chief among them is her astounding ability to articulate herself clearly.  Her answers in the debates have been cogent, detailed, organized, and passionate.   She's the leader we need - a Maggie Thatcher for the new century.  And you know she'd spank Hillary in the debates.     

She has the executive experience for the job - like Trump she's a business person, but she was the head of a public corporation, responsible to a public board,  which has given her insights into politics that Trump lacks.   She's an outsider, able to articulate responsibly the public's anger with Washington  shenanigans and political correctness without becoming a cartoon.  Finally, she's a principled conservative, not the finger-to-the-wind phony that Trump is.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2016, 02:14:34 pm »
HHAHAHA the hypocrisy of the GOPe is amazing. After getting their "dream" loser candidates McCain and Romney, now they want to take their ball and go home because they cannot have a third time at bat.

How about the GOPE types hold their noise and do what the party base tells them this time instead?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2016, 02:51:35 pm »
HHAHAHA the hypocrisy of the GOPe is amazing. After getting their "dream" loser candidates McCain and Romney, now they want to take their ball and go home because they cannot have a third time at bat.

How about the GOPE types hold their noise and do what the party base tells them this time instead?

That's hilarious, Johnnie.  You've got it backwards.

It's the same people who held their noses to vote for McCain and Romney because they weren't conservative enough, who are going to have to hold their noses even harder to vote for Progressive Democrat Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2016, 03:39:17 pm »
That's hilarious, Johnnie.  You've got it backwards.

It's the same people who held their noses to vote for McCain and Romney because they weren't conservative enough, who are going to have to hold their noses even harder to vote for Progressive Democrat Trump.

The latest Reuters national poll puts Trump at 42 percent, nearly 30 points ahead of his closest rival, Ted Cruz. Trump is clearly on his way to the nomination.

As for Donald Trump being a progressive, that false perception will only help him in the general election with democrat and independent crossover votes.

(This is nothing new. It's a time-tested strategy used by all politicians. Play to the base during the primaries, then tact to the middle in the general.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2016, 04:14:03 pm »
But Trump's past pronouncements and actions indicate strongly that he IS a progressive.   You must choose to disregard those past pronouncements and actions in order to believe what he's spewing now.   

Why not support a real conservative instead?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
But Trump's past pronouncements and actions indicate strongly that he IS a progressive.   You must choose to disregard those past pronouncements and actions in order to believe what he's spewing now.   

Why not support a real conservative instead?   

The salient point.

Instead of being in denial about who Trump is (based on his own words and positions), those with conservative values should look for someone who shares those values.

And it sure ain't Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.