Author Topic: See what onetime Arafat terror hopeful is doing now. Farah: 'I was dreaming of going to the Middle East. ... I dreamed of liberating Israel'  (Read 372 times)

rangerrebew

See what onetime Arafat terror hopeful is doing now
Farah: 'I was dreaming of going to the Middle East. ... I dreamed of liberating Israel'
Published: 10 hours ago

Jerusalem at night in CIA image

Joseph Farah, the founder and CEO of WND.com, which has been described as the largest Christian website in the world, says there was a time when he aspired to travel to the Middle East to join Yasser Arafat’s fedayeen – and “liberate” Israel from the Jews.

The stunning testimony came during an interview with Jonathan Bernis on Jewish Voice.

Bernis asked the chief of WND – whose film division, WND Films, released the influential “Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” and, more recently, “The Harbinger Man” movie, based on the remarkable life and teachings of Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, author of “The Harbinger” – about his transformation from Arab activist to Christian.

“As a young person … in the 1960s, I was caught up in the counter culture revolution rebellion,” Farah said. He described his involvement in the anti-war movement, orchestrating takeovers of buildings at Columbia, and more.

“When a Jew Rules the World: What the Bible Really Says About Israel in the Plan of God” – a chance for Christians to rediscover their true identity as fellow heirs of promise with the House of Israel. Get your copy of this important book today at the WND Superstore!

“I went through all that,” he said.

“It was so deep…. that rebellion in the 1960s…. there was literally a time in the late ’60s, I’m a teenager at the time, that I was dreaming of going to the Middle East and volunteer[ing] with Yasser Arafat’s fedayeen. I dreamed of attacking, liberating Israel.”

While the fedayeen also were called freedom fighters, the world eventually recognized them as terrorists.

Farah said his life changed quite suddenly in college, when a man, the son of a minister, introduced him to Yeshua.

“That changed my life,” he said.

See the first part of the interview:

While his transformation was not instant, he pointed out that suddenly that "rebellious side was gone."

Later, he encountered Christian author Hal Lindsey, and he studied his teachings.

Lindsey, Farah noted, was essentially an early bridge between American evangelical Christians and their Jewish roots in Israel.

See the second part of the interview:

He explained Lindsey inspired him to travel to the Middle East as a journalist and he was surprised by what he found … that Arab nations like Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt all were "varying shades of a police state."

Meanwhile, in Israel, he "could do my job without any interference. It was a free country."

See the third part:

He said he came back with the desire to share with his friends that they had this Israel-Arab conflict all wrong.

He said the issue today is that some parts of the Christian church have bought into the anti-Jew propaganda, and he's looking forward to books like Joel Richardson's “When a Jew Rules the World: What the Bible Really Says About Israel in the Plan of God,” to move the message forward.

"Christianity in its truest form is an Israel-centric faith, especially when you look at future prophecies," Farah said. "He's a Jewish man and he's going to rule the world from Jerusalem."

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/see-what-onetime-arafat-terror-hopeful-is-doing-now/#fzQPY7LZS5CQ9BW3.99