Author Topic: Donald Trump Winning Michigan Electorate – and With It, The Presidency  (Read 6375 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Donald Trump Winning Michigan Electorate – and With It, The Presidency
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »
First time in Iraq, we followed Gen. Colin Powell's rules. "Powell Doctrine"

Second time we ignored Powell's rules. The size of the invasion force was too small. The enemy went into hiding, to wait us out.

It is worthwhile to understand the Powell Doctrine. It was the result of analysis of Korea and Vietnam, and getting bogged down with unending war--which is pretty much what we have done since 9-11-2001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

1.Is a vital national security interest threatened?
2.Do we have a clear attainable objective?
3.Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
4.Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?
5.Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
6.Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
7.Is the action supported by the American people?
8.Do we have genuine broad international support?[2]
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »
First time in Iraq, we followed Gen. Colin Powell's rules. "Powell Doctrine"

Second time we ignored Powell's rules. The size of the invasion force was too small. The enemy went into hiding, to wait us out.

It is worthwhile to understand the Powell Doctrine. It was the result of analysis of Korea and Vietnam, and getting bogged down with unending war--which is pretty much what we have done since 9-11-2001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

1.Is a vital national security interest threatened?
2.Do we have a clear attainable objective?
3.Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
4.Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?
5.Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
6.Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
7.Is the action supported by the American people?
8.Do we have genuine broad international support?[2]

Years ago, I had seen an interview with George H. Bush where he stated that Powell had recommended that they go all the way into Bagdhad and of course he didn't.  I have often wondered what the outcome would have been if he had gone further ... perhaps we wouldn't have seen the attack on 9-11.  I haven't been able to find the interview nor find anything to substantiate Bush's statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1m6qp_qE_M
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:54:59 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2016, 02:00:32 am »
I have often wondered what the outcome would have been if he had gone further ... perhaps we wouldn't have seen the attack on 9-11.  I haven't been able to find the interview nor find anything to substantiate Bush's statement.

=========================================

Going by purely what you know about 9/11, what has been 'reported' over the years on it, and what the 'response' of Bush to invade Iraq in 'retaliation.'

How many of the 9/11 occupants of the two aircraft that hit the WTC were IRAQIs?