Author Topic: Medal of Honor Recipient (Dakota Meyer) Just Blew Trump’s Campaign Wide Open  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Paladin

How I wish the anti-Trump zealots would correctly cite the Muslim ban he is advocating:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said."

How is that unreasonable given that the head of the FBI has publically stated we are unable to effectively vet the refugees currently coming here? Did you people learn nothing from San Bernardino? Malik wasn't from the ME, she was a Pakistani, oh, and a Muslim. How many other outbreaks of violence on the part of Muslims do you want before you say, "Hey, wait a minute"? Does Mumbai do it for you? Boko Haram in Nigeria? Muslim extremists in Malaysia?

The violence is not confined to the ME or solely ISIS, it has become a worldwide phenomenon, and until we can be sure the people coming here are not associated with Islamic extremism, no member of Islam should come here.

How is that so hard to understand?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When Trump risked disrespecting McCain's service, he pushed my buttons the wrong way.

Trump was a rich boy that dodged the draft with deferments, plain and simple.

His audacity to disrespect McCain who was held as a POW is over the top.

This Dakota I have immense respect for saying what needs to be said.

Anybody can blab like Trump. It takes a man to serve and risk all, so the others can sit at home and get rich.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

When Trump risked disrespecting McCain's service, he pushed my buttons the wrong way.

Trump was a rich boy that dodged the draft with deferments, plain and simple.

His audacity to disrespect McCain who was held as a POW is over the top.

This Dakota I have immense respect for saying what needs to be said.

Anybody can blab like Trump. It takes a man to serve and risk all, so the others can sit at home and get rich.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I asked him before to put me on Ignore because he despises me (and follows me around to mock me because I don't love his TRUMPIE), but he refused.

I have had a policy not to put anyone on Ignore because I figure it's cowardice to do so, but this guy is so childish that I just need to get him off my back.

Maybe if he grows up a bit, I can take him off, but for now, I need adult conversation, not the babble he spews.

It sounds to me like you feel guilty about putting longiron on ignore.  Stop feeling guilty.  You can always change your mind and you can test it out.  You can click on read post.

Here is how this goes.  I had Relic on ignore for a few months, but others replied and quoted Relic and I couldn't help but discover that I was wrong, and Relic did have logical arguments worth considering and debating, so I stopped ignoring Relic.  Almost nobody quotes longiron except to admonish longiron.  You won't even miss him.  Life is too short to argue with someone who is intellectually dishonest or defective.  You can't have a reasonable argument/discussion with a shallow sloganeer.  The time you waste reading vacuous bile, and agonizing over how bitter you feel when you come here, is time you could be spending making a connection with a sober and engaged thinker who will appreciate the effort.

While we sometimes disagree on politics, IMHO you have shown yourself to be a deep thinker, empathetic to your fellow man, and a woman of delightful wit.  I believe you are a class act, honest and indulgent...you don't deserve to be stalked by a fool.  Put that fool on ignore and spend your valuable time and brains talking with genuine people.  There are so many brilliant people of character who contribute to this forum to court.  If we can't disagree without insulting each other what point is there in pursuing a dialogue. 

I wish you a very happy New Year and I look forward to your next post dear lady.

Offline libertybele

I'm on record in this forum for having stated many times my belief that ALL muslims should be  returned from dar al-harb to dar al-islam. Not some of them, but ALL of them.

I stand with Mr. Trump on this one.
He does not go nearly far enough!

So there.

And -- Happy New Year, all!

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

ISIS and Trump go perfect together.   Making this about Islam rather than Islamofascism is exactly what ISIS wants.    Dakota Meyer speaks the truth - Trump is going to get our boys killed.  Before Obama abandoned the mission,  we succeeded in Iraq with the courage of our troops assisted by their Muslim allies.  Meyer has the moral fiber to stand up to a demagogue unwilling to see the consequences of his rhetoric.

Please see Reply #6

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You and the rest of the HATERS

Why do you defend your boy-crush with the buzzword of a whiny liberal?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

How I wish the anti-Trump zealots would correctly cite the Muslim ban he is advocating:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said."

How is that unreasonable given that the head of the FBI has publically stated we are unable to effectively vet the refugees currently coming here? Did you people learn nothing from San Bernardino? Malik wasn't from the ME, she was a Pakistani, oh, and a Muslim. How many other outbreaks of violence on the part of Muslims do you want before you say, "Hey, wait a minute"? Does Mumbai do it for you? Boko Haram in Nigeria? Muslim extremists in Malaysia?

The violence is not confined to the ME or solely ISIS, it has become a worldwide phenomenon, and until we can be sure the people coming here are not associated with Islamic extremism, no member of Islam should come here.

How is that so hard to understand?

An American leader who worries more about the American people's safety and the country's security than about some fuzzy, feel-good concept of "Who we are as a people," is exactly what the American people see in Donald Trump, and why, across the board, they have given Trump his lead with their support. Remembering that nothing in American law or its Constitution compels unfettered immigration. And we are free to stop entry of any group, nationality, or religion that threatens American lives on our soil.

Offline libertybele

An American leader who worries more about the American people's safety and the country's security than about some fuzzy, feel-good concept of "Who we are as a people," is exactly what the American people see in Donald Trump, and why, across the board, they have given Trump his lead with their support. Remembering that nothing in American law or its Constitution compels unfettered immigration. And we are free to stop entry of any group, nationality, or religion that threatens American lives on our soil.

That's it in a nutshell.  It is placing the interest of NATIONAL SECURITY above all else.  When you have government entities such as the FBI stating that there is no way to properly and adequately vet Muslims (and others) why in the heck would you let them into this country by the thousands especially after the incidents in Paris and San Bernadino?  What is going to get us killed is allowing potential terrorists into this country, allowing illegal immigrants to stay, not monitoring existing Muslim activity in mosques, etc. and keeping our borders open!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Also...is this the same Dakota Meyer that was married to Bristol Palin, divorced, but planned (?) another child that was just born? If this is indeed the same Dakota Meyer apparently  the medal of honor he received was/is in question ... "Crucial parts that the Marine Corps publicized and Obama described are untrue, unsubstantiated or exaggerated, according to dozens of military documents McClatchy examined. Sworn statements by Meyer and others who participated in the battle indicate that he didn’t save the lives of 13 U.S. service members, leave his vehicle to scoop up 24 Afghans on his first two rescue runs or lead the final push to retrieve the four dead Americans. Moreover, it’s unclear from the documents whether Meyer disobeyed orders when he entered the Ganjgal Valley on Sept. 8, 2009..."

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article24720631.html#storylink=cpy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:51:54 pm by libertybele »

Offline Longiron

Why do you defend your boy-crush with the buzzword of a whiny liberal?

When will you defend or state anything about the candidate you support. WHO is that and Why do you support he/she ? :whistle:. Fight like a LIB if you want to win as a CONSERVATIVE. The word fight does not exist in the RINOGOPe unless it is against a conservative.  :patriot: GET it! Most TRUMP haters do not?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:20:12 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

How is that unreasonable given that the head of the FBI has publically stated we are unable to effectively vet the refugees currently coming here? Did you people learn nothing from San Bernardino?

It seems that people hate Trump more than they want national security.  Absolutely makes no sense to me.

Offline musiclady

It seems that people hate Trump more than they want national security.  Absolutely makes no sense to me.

What makes no sense is attributing a lack of concern for national security to a disagreement with Donald Trump,

You make it sound as if Donald's policy is the only possible position for someone who cares deeply about national security, and that is just plain ugly, libertybele.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

LOL!  Yep!   And they call US "yahoos" and "uneducated". 

Smell thyself, 'haters'. 

Do it while you're reading The Art Of The Deal, and recognize what a negotiating tactic really is.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Also...is this the same Dakota Meyer that was married to Bristol Palin, divorced, but planned (?) another child that was just born?
I believe they were engaged, but she broke it off. She did bear his child, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

What makes no sense is attributing a lack of concern for national security to a disagreement with Donald Trump,

You make it sound as if Donald's policy is the only possible position for someone who cares deeply about national security, and that is just plain ugly, libertybele.

Have you articulated a better solution to the flood of Muslims from terror-ridden countries that are coming into the USA?  What's better than shutting the spigot off....until we get a handle of vetting who in the heck they are?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

LOL!  Yep!   And they call US "yahoos" and "uneducated". 

Smell thyself, 'haters'. 

Do it while you're reading The Art Of The Deal, and recognize what a negotiating tactic really is.    :whistle:

I'm not sure if you're referring to people like me, DC, but disagreement with banning all Muslims is not in the least a lack of concern about national security.

And I find the accusation that, since I don't think every Muslim should be kept out of the country I am willing to let thousands of Americans die, as vile as any accusation I have ever read on any forum.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Have you articulated a better solution to the flood of Muslims from terror-ridden countries that are coming into the USA?  What's better than shutting the spigot off....until we get a handle of vetting who in the heck they are?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Yes, I have articulated it (I think on this thread).  Not that it matters.

I mistakenly thought that a rational discussion of the issue was possible, but with the kind of accusations flying, I'm afraid the ad hominems win the day and there's not much point in trying to seriously discuss the issue.

Offline musiclady

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Like internment camps for Japanese Americans?

Online DCPatriot

I'm not sure if you're referring to people like me, DC, but disagreement with banning all Muslims is not in the least a lack of concern about national security.

And I find the accusation that, since I don't think every Muslim should be kept out of the country I am willing to let thousands of Americans die, as vile as any accusation I have ever read on any forum.

Nope...I would never speak to you that way, MusicLady!  You're very civil in your disagreements about Trump.

Some here though, forget...or dismiss members who are pro-Trump when articulating a generalization of they type of people who are pro-Donald.

My point was that as others have suggested...okay you hate him for [fill-in-the-blank]....so what's your preferred candidate's position on it.

Every single solitary candidate on both sides of the aisle, except Cruz, have blasted Trump for suggesting he'd lock out all Muslims.  He alone owns that position.

And that position is held by the VAST majority of voters.

Trump is playing hardball.  Everybody else is playing tee-ball.

Online DCPatriot

Like internment camps for Japanese Americans?

What's better.   Locking them out from entering the country?   Or, rounding them up once they're here and putting them behind wire?    :whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I believe they were engaged, but she broke it off. She did bear his child, though.
According to the "logic" intended by "libertybelle" he is discredited since he impregnated Palin's daughter.

That there is quite a reach.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

What's better.   Locking them out from entering the country?   Or, rounding them up once they're here and putting them behind wire?    :whistle:

Neither is better.  If you're looking for desperate measures, then why not lock up all Muslims who are here like FDR did with the Japanese?

There are many, many things which should be done short of keeping every Muslim out.  Keep out all Muslims from defined countries.  Tighten up the visa process.  Track those who are here and violating visas and get them out.

I understand the populist drive behind Trump's pronouncement, but I don't believe it is either practicable or possibly legal.  (That is at least, debatable).

And, again, accusing people of not caring about potential deaths of Americans because one doesn't agree with Trump, is pretty despicable.  National security is one of my top issues, if not THE top issue.  But I don't agree with banning every Muslim from every country.

(I'll go back to my first post.  Our son's life was in the hands of Muslims in Iraq.  He was in Psyop, and he depended on Muslims as translators and friends.  There are exceptions to the "All Muslims are evil" meme.

It's just not so.  Factually.

Offline musiclady

According to the "logic" intended by "libertybelle" he is discredited since he impregnated Palin's daughter.

That there is quite a reach.

Certainly is.....