Author Topic: Ted Cruz Spokesman ‘Confused’ By Donald Trump’s Attack on His Candidate: ‘It Doesn’t Make Sense’  (Read 712 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The national spokesman for the Ted Cruz campaign said Wednesday he was perplexed by 2016 rival Donald Trump’s recent attack on the Texas senator.

Speaking at an Iowa rally Tuesday, Trump told voters to “just remember” that “to the best of my knowledge, not too many evangelicals come out of Cuba.” The line appeared to be a jab at Cruz who identifies as an evangelical and whose father fled Cuba.

Appearing on CNN, Cruz spokesman Rick Tyler was asked to respond.

“Well, I’m a little confused by it. I’m not sure what it means. Does it mean if you’re a Cuban you can’t be an evangelical or if you’re an evangelical you can’t be Cuban?” Tyler asked. “I can’t make any sense of it.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/30/ted-cruz-spokesman-confused-by-donald-trumps-attack-on-his-candidate-it-doesnt-make-sense/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wish Republican candidates would leave the Bible home.   **nononono*

HonestJohn

This is a sideways attack on Cruz's eligibility to run for President.

It reminds voters that Cruz's father is Cuban and that he's a 'foreigner' (who was born in Canada).

Trump has already raised the anti-foreigner flag twice before with illegals and Muslims, so it's second nature to use it again... considering how effective it's been in gathering Conservative supporters.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is a sideways attack on Cruz's eligibility to run for President.

It reminds voters that Cruz's father is Cuban and that he's a 'foreigner' (who was born in Canada).

Trump has already raised the anti-foreigner flag twice before with illegals and Muslims, so it's second nature to use it again... considering how effective it's been in gathering Conservative supporters.

That should get his fans excited.  Win at any cost.  Trump FIGHTS!!!