Author Topic: Military Actively Pushing Back Against President Obama: This is Huge  (Read 1147 times)

rangerrebew

Military Actively Pushing Back Against President Obama: This is Huge
Baron Von Kowenhoven — December 31, 2015

It’s no secret that President Obama wants Gitmo closed.  He’s been actively opposed to holding terrorists in captivity since before his election in 2008 and he’s been taking heat from the Left because he broke his “promise” that you could keep your doctor he’d close Gitmo in 2009.

He’s been effective in releasing Muslim terrorists on an individual basis, like the Taliban Five that he traded for deserter Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

It’s now coming out that the Pentagon has been actively working against President Obama’s desires to make sure Muslim terrorists are free.

In September, U.S. State Department officials invited a foreign delegation to the Guantanamo Bay detention center to persuade the group to take detainee Tariq Ba Odah to their country. If they succeeded, the transfer would mark a small step toward realizing President Barack Obama’s goal of closing the prison before he leaves office.

The foreign officials told the administration they would first need to review Ba Odah’s medical records, according to U.S. officials with knowledge of the episode. The Yemeni has been on a hunger strike for seven years, dropping to 74 pounds from 148, and the foreign officials wanted to make sure they could care for him.

For the next six weeks, Pentagon officials declined to release the records, citing patient privacy concerns, according to the U.S. officials. The delegation, from a country administration officials declined to identify, canceled its visit. After the administration promised to deliver the records, the delegation traveled to Guantanamo and appeared set to take the prisoner off U.S. hands, the officials said. The Pentagon again withheld Ba Odah’s full medical file.

The Pentagon is doing good work because they know they’re ones who will be dealing with these butchers if Obama has his way.

President Obama may not be able to vacate Gitmo, but he’s working overtime to import 200,000 of their fellow practitioners of the Religion of Peace from terrorist strongholds in Syria.  I guess he’d prefer we fight them here instead – in America.

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/12/military-actively-pushing-back-president-obama-huge/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:16:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Military Actively Pushing Back Against President Obama: This is Huge
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »
Military Actively Pushing Back Against President Obama

It's about time SOMEONE pushed back against him!

The REPUBLICAN congress darned sure hasn't done it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:19:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »
This IS huge!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 03:24:00 pm »
It's about time SOMEONE pushed back against him!

The REPUBLICAN congress darned sure hasn't done it!

Amen to that!

May the Force be with them!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 06:39:33 pm »
I won't hold my breath......yet nice to see.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 06:48:11 pm »
As long as the [unnamed here] Pentagon brass that did this can be fired...it may not end up being so HUGE.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 06:50:19 pm »
As long as the [unnamed here] Pentagon brass that did this can be fired...it may not end up being so HUGE.

Exactly.....he's the Commander-in-Chief (boss) of the armed forces. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald