Author Topic: Cruz Raises $20 Million In Fourth Quarter  (Read 1261 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Cruz Raises $20 Million In Fourth Quarter
« on: December 31, 2015, 02:26:24 am »
Ted Cruz raised nearly $20 million in the past three months, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News - a significant haul for the Texas senator heading into the final month before the Iowa caucus.

"We're showing we have the strength going into the Iowa caucus," a campaign aide told NBC News tonight, adding: "If people want to get behind a candidate who can go the distance, we're showing we've got that."

It's Cruz's biggest fundraising total yet, surpassing the $12.2 million he brought in last quarter. And it brings the Texas senator's total figure for the year to $45 million.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/cruz-raises-20-million-fourth-quarter-n488221

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz Raises $20 Million In Fourth Quarter
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:32:04 am »
I am glad. This country needs Ted Cruz and I sincerely see him as our last hope.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 02:43:10 am »
By what comparisons, metrics, are we to judge that figure?

What date is the end of the 4th quarter?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 02:48:31 am »
By what comparisons, metrics, are we to judge that figure?

What date is the end of the 4th quarter?

Each candidate can determine when they end each fiscal period just like a business may have a different fiscal cycle than a calendar year. I'm sure it isn't unusual this time of the year to end a campaign fiscal period a few days before the end of the year so they can have the filings done by the first business day of the next year/quarter. The FEC has very strict guidelines on the metrics and how it is reported (a way for fedgov to control the whole system).

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 02:55:59 am »
Each candidate can determine when they end each fiscal period just like a business may have a different fiscal cycle than a calendar year. I'm sure it isn't unusual this time of the year to end a campaign fiscal period a few days before the end of the year so they can have the filings done by the first business day of the next year/quarter. The FEC has very strict guidelines on the metrics and how it is reported (a way for fedgov to control the whole system).
Next step. Is Cruz' haul good, ordinary, lousy? Compared to who else?

If Cruz will cruise to victory in Iowa, should he spend a lot of money there, or "conserve?"

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 03:02:55 am »
Next step. Is Cruz' haul good, ordinary, lousy? Compared to who else?

If Cruz will cruise to victory in Iowa, should he spend a lot of money there, or "conserve?"

Comparisons are in the article. It is extremely good, better than the others who have reported and a record for him.

In the previous three months, Ben Carson - then the rising candidate in polling - brought in a similar $20 million. And Marco Rubio brought in just $6 million.

And from a separate article for Trump's fundraising and personal loans to his campaign (5.7 Million to date, not just for the quarter, 2/3rds are from donors, 1/3rd money he loaned the campaign (which will be paid back to him by donations):

(Trump) received 73,942 “unsolicited donations” totaling about $3.7 million, according to a release from the campaign. That accounts for most of the $5.8 million the campaign has taken in to date....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190012.0.html

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:04:16 am by AbaraXas »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 06:11:58 am »
Thank you for posting this AbaraXas.  Go Cruz!

Offline GAJohnnie

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 03:21:49 pm »
I am glad. This country needs Ted Cruz and I sincerely see him as our last hope.

Good NEWS great for TC and he is one of our last hopes?  :patriot:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 06:51:39 pm »
I saw last night on the Cnn crawl at the bottom of the Tv screen Hil has raised 12mil in 4th quarter........hmmmm what does that say about those polls!!!!?

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 07:23:49 pm »
I saw last night on the Cnn crawl at the bottom of the Tv screen Hil has raised 12mil in 4th quarter........hmmmm what does that say about those polls!!!!?

CNN predicted $21 million so she is very short. That's interesting though considering she is in a much narrower field and is generally the one positioned to get the most 'influence' donations from name recognition alone.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising-bernie-sanders/index.html

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »
Carson raised $23 million, according to sources on the internet.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 08:12:23 pm »
CNN predicted $21 million so she is very short. That's interesting though considering she is in a much narrower field and is generally the one positioned to get the most 'influence' donations from name recognition alone.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising-bernie-sanders/index.html
I thought for sure last night the crawl had 12mil for hil.

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 08:21:02 pm »
I thought for sure last night the crawl had 12mil for hil.

That may be the official number or how much was raised from private donations versus how much she loaned the campaign from her own pocket to make the total seem larger. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »
That may be the official number or how much was raised from private donations versus how much she loaned the campaign from her own pocket to make the total seem larger.
Obama had all that cash,  untraceable in small amounts given to his campaign from all over the world.....(soros and pals) Same will be for her.  I doubt she will ever spend her own cash....then again her lifetime goal is queen of the world so this time she may do so.