Author Topic: Bill Clinton will crush Donald Trump — with a smile  (Read 5106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Clinton will crush Donald Trump — with a smile
« on: December 30, 2015, 04:11:28 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/264375-bill-clinton-will-crush-donald-trump-with-a-smile

December 29, 2015, 11:30 am
Bill Clinton will crush Donald Trump — with a smile

By Brent Budowsky, columnist, The Hill

When I was growing up in New York, I wanted to be a professional boxer, but was smart enough to know that if I entered the ring with Muhammad Ali — then heavyweight champion of the world — they'd have to bring out the smelling salts within seconds and the ambulance would soon arrive to cart me away on a stretcher!

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump should consider such thoughts as he ponders his plan to go mano a mano against Bill Clinton, the most popular living former president and the heavyweight champion of American politics today. So might Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who is widely despised among his GOP Senate colleagues, could well be defeated for reelection to the Senate from Texas and runs for president as the "Trump Lite" candidate. Bill Clinton is the heavyweight champion of American politics because his presidency is fondly remembered as a time when the nation was blessed with rising prosperity and tens of millions of new jobs and a widespread optimism that America was on the right track and tomorrow would be better than today.

While Clinton was promoting the policies that created the prosperity that lifted the national economy — with current Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton by his side as his first lady and closest confidant — Trump heaped lavish praise on the highly successful president and the policies he advanced.

After President Clinton left office and Hillary Clinton entered the Senate and won praise on both sides of the aisle — including respect from GOP Senators that Cruz could not dare to dream of — Trump heaped extravagant praise on Hillary Clinton, whom he supported in her campaigns for the Senate and the Democratic nomination in 2008.

Speaking on Fox News in 2012, continuing his two decades of high praise for both Clintons, Trump offered effusive compliments for Hillary Clinton's work as secretary of State, saying he was biased because he had known both Clintons so well for so long. Truer words were never spoken by the man who today sings a different song and whose statements were recently awarded the "Lie of the Year" by the politically neutral fact-checker Politifact.

My good friend, advertising executive Roy Spence, invented one of the most brilliant ad campaigns in history: "Don't mess with Texas." My advice to Trump, which he will regret not taking, is don't mess with Bill Clinton, who will bury him with a wink of his eye and a smile on his face.

Clinton remains a world leader and global statesman who is admired by leaders of nations around the world, while Trump is condemned even by conservative leaders of American allies, is strongly criticized by Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and is reduced to basking in high praise offered by Russian strongman Vladimir Putin and kind words from supporters of neo-fascist parties in Europe.

Clinton is a globally renowned philanthropist who makes life better for people around the world through the superb work of the Clinton Foundation, which brings together leaders in government, business, philanthropy and academia. By contrast, Trump has much explaining to do about various bankruptcies of companies he has been associated with and why he brags about his skill at manipulating bankruptcy laws to enhance his wealth while inflicting punishment on workers and investors in Trump-related businesses that failed.

Clinton is the happy warrior of American politics, who has demonstrated great skill working with political opponents to make government function effectively, while Trump praises himself for giving money to politicians to peddle influence and insults widely respected leaders such as Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), whose intensely patriotic heroism in military service he denies.

Clinton stands for a politics that is inclusive and respectful and offers every American a seat at the table, while Trump has a penchant for calling women he dislikes "fat pigs" and "bimbos," ridicules disabled Americans with disgusting impersonations of a New York Times reporter, insults Hispanic immigrants with words such as rapists and murderers, and helps the recruiting of murderous terrorists by playing to fear and bigotry against Muslims.

There are good reasons why Bill Clinton has earned the vast popularity he possesses and why Donald Trump has earned the sky-high negative ratings that plague him with national voters, and the loudmouthed bully of GOP politics would be well-advised to not mess with the heavyweight champion of the American political world.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Bill Clinton will crush Donald Trump — with a smile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »
Start the war Slick Willie, PLEASE! He is not running for POTUS and his time has passed even though the BIG MEDIA still thinks he is the GODFATHER of POLITICS. :whocares:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »
Start the war Slick Willie, PLEASE! He is not running for POTUS and his time has passed even though the BIG MEDIA still thinks he is the GODFATHER of POLITICS. :whocares:

Millennial's won't care, they don't know who the guy is. And when opposition researchers begin trotting out all the dirt from the archives, even they will experience a great big ICK factor over the old ex-president lecher and his criminal wife.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »
"...would be well-advised to not mess with the heavyweight champion of the American political world"

Yeah, yeah and Cassius Clay shouldn't have messed with old Sonny Liston either.  Only a bunch of doddering old leftists can't see that Bill is nothing but a shell, a sick old veneer.  His day was 25 years ago, when he still had a semblance of health and vitality.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »
Clinton is a globally renowned philanthropist who makes life better for people around the world through the superb work of the Clinton Foundation...

I don't know about you all, but I got a pretty good laugh out of that one. :silly: :silly: :silly:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
One thing about this, Clinton's scandals are old news. Trump's aren't. Don't think for a second the Clinton machine won't go into his constantly trading wives in on new models and who knows what relations he had on the side. If Trump gets the nomination, does anyone thin this election will actually be about immigration or islam? He is handing the Clinton machine the ammo and gladly putting the target where they want.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »
Millennial's won't care, they don't know who the guy is. And when opposition researchers begin trotting out all the dirt from the archives, even they will experience a great big ICK factor over the old ex-president lecher and his criminal wife.

They certainly know who he is and don't mind at all. They make jokes about it... commonly things I read when the subject comes up are along the lines of 'you better believe if I was president I would have an intern under the desk at all times' (paraphrased from one I read a week ago).

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 06:18:21 pm »
If Trump gets the nomination, does anyone thin this election will actually be about immigration or islam?

Count me in, I do.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »
One thing about this, Clinton's scandals are old news. Trump's aren't. Don't think for a second the Clinton machine won't go into his constantly trading wives in on new models and who knows what relations he had on the side. If Trump gets the nomination, does anyone thin this election will actually be about immigration or islam? He is handing the Clinton machine the ammo and gladly putting the target where they want.

What scandals are you talking about? Trump is embroiled in scandal? Really? What scandals?

To me, they sound more like political attacks, rather than scandals.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »
I'm just wondering how much paper the author needed to clean off his nose .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:39 pm »
What scandals are you talking about? Trump is embroiled in scandal? Really? What scandals?

To me, they sound more like political attacks, rather than scandals.

If there are any scandals in TRUMP including any questions marks from the IRS in his businesses they would have been FRONT page news by now. Big Business, Big Gov't, Big Media have already looked everywhere and FOUND nothing and that really POed them. Now,  The CLINTONS; TRUMP will make that more available that it already is. Read Roger Stone book on the Clintons War on Women and he has the Bushes version coming out in January 2016

.http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/30/gop-establishment-has-no-problem-with-hillary-win-wont-address-the-clintons-war-on-women/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 06:46:27 pm »
From Wikipedia:
In 1977, Trump married model Ivana Zelníčková. ... By early 1990, Trump's troubled marriage to Ivana and long-running affair with actress Marla Maples had become widely documented in the tabloid press, and the couple divorced in 1991. Trump married Maples on December 21, 1993, two months after the birth of their child, Tiffany (born October 13, 1993). They divorced on June 8, 1999. ... In 1998, Trump met and began courting fashion model Melania Knauss, a native of Slovenia. After becoming engaged on April 26, 2004, they were married on January 22, 2005 ...
Not sure whether this constitutes "constantly trading wives" or not. I wouldn't say so.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:47:02 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 06:52:44 pm »
From Wikipedia: Not sure whether this constitutes "constantly trading wives" or not. I wouldn't say so.

No Offense to the Women on here and do not take this the wrong way. Ivana, Marla, Melania  vs  Hillary, Paulla, Monica.  No contest!!!  :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:49 pm »

Completely agree.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 07:13:11 pm »
From Wikipedia: Not sure whether this constitutes "constantly trading wives" or not. I wouldn't say so.

I'm not sure voters are concerning themselves with the seedy sexual histories on either men - at this point in time, it is not top priority for me.  Both men's pasts have been fairly well documented for anyone that wants to research them. 

But the middle east could erupt into WWIII any day and our economy is in the tar pits, our citizens are being unemployed while people from the world's boiling cauldrons are being invited here - how many of them actively hate us? 

We've got our leaders telling us that Global Climate Change is our most dangerous threat, we have Planned Parenthood comfortably ensconced in the new budget, and we've got a Caliphate-enabler as our Commander in Chief!

Trump's sexual and matrimonial history, as well as Bill Clinton's, are not my top concerns and I don't think they will matter that much to enough people to be a big issue in the general election. 

This election is a whole new thing, what happened in the past may not happen again this time around.  It's a whole different set of circumstances.  I think our next president will likely be a war president, that bears heavily on my mind.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »
I'm not sure voters are concerning themselves with the seedy sexual histories on either men - at this point in time, it is not top priority for me.  Both men's pasts have been fairly well documented for anyone that wants to research them. 

But the middle east could erupt into WWIII any day and our economy is in the tar pits, our citizens are being unemployed while people from the world's boiling cauldrons are being invited here - how many of them actively hate us? 

We've got our leaders telling us that Global Climate Change is our most dangerous threat, we have Planned Parenthood comfortably ensconced in the new budget, and we've got a Caliphate-enabler as our Commander in Chief!

Trump's sexual and matrimonial history, as well as Bill Clinton's, are not my top concerns and I don't think they will matter that much to enough people to be a big issue in the general election. 

This election is a whole new thing, what happened in the past may not happen again this time around.  It's a whole different set of circumstances.  I think our next president will likely be a war president, that bears heavily on my mind.

A+

If my indiscretions (personally speaking) of 30 years ago are open for consideration in my fitness to provide spinal care to my patients and if it may be also (again--speaking personally) used against my chances for career advancement, well then the America of INDIVIDUAL life, liberty and happiness, is over.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 07:44:13 pm »
Character ALWAYS matters.  There is never a time in history when the honor of a leader doesn't matter  (and marital infidelity is as dishonorable as behavior gets).

We have candidates running who possess outstanding character.  Let's nominate one of them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »
There are a lot of scandals out there that haven't been brought up, mostly around business dealings. I do wonder what they will do with his Soros connections and the pending RICO lawsuit for Bankruptcy fraud he is a co-defendent along with Soros in. That will be a double edged sword because the Clintons are also connected with Soros.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 07:51:53 pm »
Character ALWAYS matters.  There is never a time in history when the honor of a leader doesn't matter  (and marital infidelity is as dishonorable as behavior gets).

We have candidates running who possess outstanding character.  Let's nominate one of them.

"The supreme quality for a leader is unquestionably integrity."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »

:patriot:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »

No one answered my question. Should I lose business now because 30 years ago I had an indiscretion? Should I be kept from advancement in my career because 30 years ago I had an indiscretion?

Jesus had something to say about casting stones.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »
"The supreme quality for a leader is unquestionably integrity."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Asking for verification here, but wasn't Eisenhower rumored to be unfaithful to Mamie?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »
No one answered my question. Should I lose business now because 30 years ago I had an indiscretion? Should I be kept from advancement in my career because 30 years ago I had an indiscretion?

Jesus had something to say about casting stones.

Has the offender made amends to the victim? Or just waited until caught? Or denied, denied, denied?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »
Asking for verification here, but wasn't Eisenhower rumored to be unfaithful to Mamie?
In England, with his military lady driver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Summersby
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »
Has the offender made amends to the victim? Or just waited until caught? Or denied, denied, denied?

Most indiscretions come to the surface, in one way or another.