Author Topic: Pataki to drop out: report  (Read 1812 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Pataki to drop out: report
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 09:18:44 pm »
I'm not sure what you're implying, aligncare.   Folks are properly concerned by illegal immigration and Islamofascism,  but it is one thing to speak to rational fears and quite another to appeal crassly to bigotry and prejudice.  I made the point that all the GOP candidates have made these issues important ones in their campaigns.  But Trump more than most if not all has addressed these issues by appealing in a most irresponsible way to the volk's prejudices regarding immigrants, labelling Mexicans as rapists and criminals and Muslims as irredeemably averse to our values.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said. "They're sending people that have lots of problems...they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
 - Donald Trump

Maybe that is fomenting bigotry and prejudice to you, but to a lot of people, it seems to point to a lot of problems we're seeing with groups of these undocumented people.  It does seem as though it is an easy entry for drug and weapons dealers, criminals and gangs.  It's not bigotry, it's ignoring the Thought and Speech Police and telling it like he sees it. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!