Author Topic: Cruz Outlines Plans for First Day as President  (Read 1268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz Outlines Plans for First Day as President
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:15:31 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=707454

Newsmax
Cruz Outlines Plans for First Day as President
Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:30 PM

By: Cathy Burke

White House contender Sen. Ted Cruz is laying out a first-day Oval Office agenda to unravel the Obama presidency – by ripping up the Iran deal, moving the Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, scrapping the president's executive actions, investigating Planned Parenthood and ending the "persecution of religious liberty."

Writing the epilogue for his preacher dad Rafael Cruz's new book, "A Time for Action," the Texas lawmaker, who's surged to No. 2 in national polling averages in his GOP presidential nomination bid, makes the case for an aggressive first day if elected, the Washington Examiner reports.

"The left, and the media (who are in cahoots), try to convince us that nothing can change," Cruz writes in an excerpt posted by the Examiner.

"They want us to give up. But strong presidential leadership, backed by the American people, can usher in dramatic change."

The to-do list includes top priorities Cruz has championed previously.

But he also lays out a short term goal to press even further, the Examiner reports, including:

Repealing Obamacare;
    Expanding school choice;
    Moving to "rebuild our military" and to further reforms at the Veterans Administration;
    Hitting ISIS with more force; and
    Ending the sanctuary city system that protects illegal immigrants who are wanted by federal authorities.

"Our country is in crisis," Cruz writes. "I am convinced, it is now or never. There comes a point where the hole is too deep, the debt is too great, our liberties are too receded, and there is no going back."

Cruz's Cuban-born, evangelist pastor dad has raised some eyebrows on his son's campaign trail, including for remarks made last June, when he claimed both Jews and Catholics in the Northeast place their allegiance to the Democratic Party ahead of their religion.

But in other controversial remarks he's also declared at a conservative gathering in April 2013 that President Barack Obama should "go back to Kenya."

And in February 2013, he told an audience of conservatives that black voters were "uninformed" and had been "deceived" by Democrats into thinking that the party was the best choice in representing their interests.

In the preacher's new book, the Examiner reports, he exhorts other evangelical leaders to get their followers to vote, noting 54 million stayed at home on Election Day in 2012.

"Imaging if those people registered and voted," he writes, the Examiner reports.

According to the Washington Post, Rafael Cruz means his new book to be a companion to his son's book, "A Time for Truth," which came out in June.

"Part one is my story; part two is the American story and the involvement of pastors in the American Revolution," Cruz said in Knoxville, Tenn., the Post reports.

"I wanted to talk about the religious involvement, the involvement of pastors in the American Revolution and also why pastors and Christians in general need to be involved in the civic society, both from a historical standpoint and also from a biblical standpoint."

"And then the third part of the book is where do we go from here?"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Cruz Outlines Plans for First Day as President
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
"Our country is in crisis," Cruz writes. "I am convinced, it is now or never. There comes a point where the hole is too deep, the debt is too great, our liberties are too receded, and there is no going back."    :amen:    :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:07:25 pm »
Nothing about IMMIGRATION or AMNESTY. Nothing about Syrian illegal Invaders. I guess he is good with that? Nothing in short term GOALS? This will kill him. Illegals and immigration # 1 issue with American PUBLIC. I guess his DONORS do not have that in mind? 8888crybaby :amen:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »
Um, what more do you want from the first day?

Maybe he should jog to the moon and back in his down time?

Don't be so stupid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »
Nothing about IMMIGRATION or AMNESTY. Nothing about Syrian illegal Invaders. I guess he is good with that? Nothing in short term GOALS? This will kill him. Illegals and immigration # 1 issue with American PUBLIC. I guess his DONORS do not have that in mind? 8888crybaby :amen:

It's one thing to 'talk the talk' as Trump has done and quite another to 'walk the walk' as Cruz has.  He has stood up to the insiders on more than one occasion. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »
Nothing about IMMIGRATION or AMNESTY. Nothing about Syrian illegal Invaders. I guess he is good with that? Nothing in short term GOALS? This will kill him. Illegals and immigration # 1 issue with American PUBLIC. I guess his DONORS do not have that in mind?
The article does not contain an exhaustive list of his long- or short-term goals. And, as EC said, we're talking about the first day. I'll wait until day 2 for him to get to immigration and amnesty.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »
It's one thing to 'talk the talk' as Trump has done and quite another to 'walk the walk' as Cruz has.  He has stood up to the insiders on more than one occasion.

In addition, THIS.....

Ending the sanctuary city system that protects illegal immigrants who are wanted by federal authorities.

....... is directly related to the immigration problem.

This is an IMPRESSIVE 'first day' list.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.