Author Topic: SHOCK NYE POLL: 1 in 5 Democrats back Trump over Clinton, landslide awaits [ that's 20% for all you common core graduates]  (Read 11426 times)

HAPPY2BME

And that's why I outed him. Not to get him banned, but for purposes of full disclosure and everyone can decide on their own what to do from there.

Nice find BTW. Wow. Who knew he was a DU hack?

=============================================

I would have to say 'operative' is the 'operative' word here, which IMO is exactly what it is.

Sink was a major instigator back in the day, along with PRND2R1 and Jose Hernandez on Freerepublic.com.  Not sure how long ago now that its been since J.R. banned him (them?) but they were quite the team to instigate in any way possible friction and chaos for the purpose of 'killing the messenger/strawmanning' against anyone or anything that even mentioned opposing illegal immigration (especially illegal alien immigration from Mexico).

Quite talented actually, in tactics and stealth.  Professional even.

edit:  SINKSPUR on FR
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:16:23 am by HAPPY2BME »

Offline katzenjammer

From day one of Trump's candidacy I have said his biggest challenge will be to win the nomination--not the election. That is as good as won against Hillary or any other democrat. A few other astute political observers here at TBR have said the same thing--massadvj, among the principals.

Agreed.  Also from day 1 of his candidacy, he has been running a General Election campaign side by side with the Primary campaign.  That is why he is not saying many of the things that people *expect* to hear from a Republican Primary candidate (and also saying some things that they don't expect to hear).  I gave the Planned Parenthood videos issue as one example, there have been many others.

However, my main point of the posts in this thread is to try to explain WHY he has received the response that he has, across the population of the US, regardless of prior party affiliation.  If people simply shake off the notions and constraints of their self-imposed bubbles, it is clear as a bell!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I would have to say 'operative' is the 'operative' word here, which IMO is exactly what it is.

Sink was a major instigator back in the day, along with PRND2R1 and Jose Hernandez on Freerepublic.com.  Not sure how long ago now that its been since J.R. banned him (them?) but they were quite the team to instigate in any way possible friction and chaos for the purpose of 'killing the messenger/strawmanning' against anyone or anything that even mentioned opposing illegal immigration (especially illegal alien immigration from Mexico).

I vaguely remember those names, and a Sinkspur going back to the old Mike Reagan forums who was a helluva lot more laid back.

At any rate I guess I owe some thanks, as being around them helps you recognize them as divisive and disruptive v. the ones who are just passionate about their beliefs.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

And through it all, myst stuck to TBR's raison d'être: everyone may speak and disagreeing is okay, as long as it's civil--no personal insults.

I've never been to the vile DU. Their caricatures of typical Freepers were eerily accurate, though. Gee, I hope I didn't catch anything visiting there.

Offline aligncare

Vintage sinkspur posts on FR. Respond–insult, respond–insult, respond–insult.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And through it all, myst stuck to TBR's raison d'être: everyone may speak and disagreeing is okay, as long as it's civil--no personal insults.

I've never been to the vile DU. Their caricatures of typical Freepers were eerily accurate, though. Gee, I hope I didn't catch anything visiting there.

Yeah be careful, it's a breeding ground for terminal stupidity.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geez....all I did was post a postscript saying I missed him.

All these accusations, and negative posts toward a member/poster who is not here to defend himself is not right, IMO.

Suggest any continuation of these types of posts should be taken to "Members Only".   

That's why the category exists, doesn't it?   :whistle:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:32:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

Geez....all I did was post a postscript saying I missed him.

All these accusations, and negative posts toward a person who is not here to defend himself is not right, IMO.

Suggest any continuation of these types of posts should be taken to "Members Only".   

That's why the category exists, doesn't it?   :whistle:

So in 2018 when some one said Obama was the worst POTUS this country ever had it would be NOT RIGHT because he is not in office to defend himself. TOTALLY forget what he did to deserve that Opinion?? Same with you buddy! :chairbang:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So in 2018 when some one said Obama was the worst POTUS this country ever had it would be NOT RIGHT because he is not in office to defend himself. TOTALLY forget what he did to deserve that Opinion?? Same with you buddy! :chairbang:

Come on, man....you know that's not a good example of what we're doing here.

I'm referring to members of our forum are the subject matter.

..back at ya!    :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And that's why I outed him. Not to get him banned, but for purposes of full disclosure and everyone can decide on their own what to do from there.

Nice find BTW. Wow. Who knew he was a DU hack?

Me! But I tried to be nice about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I thought you were better than that.

Better than what?  The guy barely speaks English, and when he makes sense, it's always mean and dirty.

I should add FYI, Relic, that Longiron has followed me around for days to taunt and insult me, sometimes in barely literate posts, and my very mild sarcasm about ESL was a gentle way to ask him to leave me alone.  In fact, of all the things I could have said to get him to stop insulting me with his ignorant posts, the ESL crack was about as kind as I could get......
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:26:51 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Definitely had an agenda. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Come on, man....you know that's not a good example of what we're doing here.

I'm referring to members of our forum are the subject matter.

..back at ya!    :chairbang:

Well actually - he (or she) is no longer a member of this site.

Offline Relic

Better than what?  The guy barely speaks English, and when he makes sense, it's always mean and dirty.

So you find it better to insult than ignore him? I said my piece, carry on.

Offline musiclady

So you find it better to insult than ignore him? I said my piece, carry on.

I explained myself in my edit above.  Please read it and realize that my post was defensive.

Coming in to a conversation and chastising the defender without adequate background regarding the incessant offenses is a common, albeit troubling habit of some on forums such as this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.