Author Topic: Jeb Challenges Trump to Debate – Trump Posts Photo of Jeb Picking Nose  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jeb Challenges Trump to Debate – Trump Posts Photo of Jeb Picking Nose
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 10:10:09 pm »
It is no longer about Conservatism vs. Progressivism.

Nor about Republicans vs. Democrats.

Nor about the "right" vs. the "left."

It hasn't been for many years, in some aspects, it never was.

Rush highlighted this article in a series of shows back more than five years ago.

Highly suggested to read the rest:

America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution
(The only serious opposition to this arrogant Ruling Party is coming not from feckless Republicans but from what might be called the Country Party -- and its vision is revolutionary. Our special Summer Issue cover story.)
By Angelo M. Codevilla – From the July 2010 - August 2010 issue

At this point it is about the Ruling Class vs. the Country Party.

And it has been for quite some time.  This, more than anything, explains Trump in 2016.

It has been expected.

A most excellent post my friend! The only thing you and I disagree on is who should lead the revolution!  :patriot:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 10:18:25 pm »
A most excellent post my friend! The only thing you and I disagree on is who should lead the revolution!  :patriot:

Oh, I am not so sure that we are in ultimate disagreement on that, chum!

Remember, like all of us, early in 2015 when I started thinking about 2016, there was no Trump in 2015.

I have a few reservations about Senator Cruz.  When I have the time to do them justice, I would like to spell them out, to the best of my ability, and get BR members' take on them.  Especially from someone like yourself, that has met the man personally. 

Still a lot of time until most of us here will pull any levers.  Prefer to take my time and do justice to the topics at hand.

We shall see!   :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 10:19:22 pm »
Yes, I would not suggest that you read this article if I didn't think it worth your while.

(It does not suggest the Trump is the answer (or not) to anything.  It merely goes a long way in explaining why there has been a Trump in 2015.  I suggest it to all that are, and have been, struggling to understand WHY there is a Trump in 2016.)

I have my own theory as to why there is a Donald Trump in 2016, which doesn't negate the fact that there still is a legitimate Conservatism, and a very destructive Progressivism.

The problem is that Trump has been able to hide the FACT that he is a Progressive, and that his goals have nothing to do with the survival of the Constitution any more than Woodrow Wilson's or FDR's did.

The reality of Trump's politics cannot be removed from the discussion without undermining the dire situation we find ourselves in.

We have a third of Republican primary voters enthusiastically supporting a Progressive Democrat who will spit on the Constitution.

And that, for me, is deeply troubling.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:20:47 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 10:20:28 pm »
Oh, I am not so sure that we are in ultimate disagreement on that, chum!

Remember, like all of us, early in 2015 when I started thinking about 2016, there was no Trump in 2015.

I have a few reservations about Senator Cruz.  When I have the time to do them justice, I would like to spell them out, to the best of my ability, and get BR members' take on them.  Especially from someone like yourself, that has met the man personally. 

Still a lot of time until most of us here will pull any levers.  Prefer to take my time and do justice to the topics at hand.

We shall see!   :patriot:

Perfectly reasonable!  Look forward to the post!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 10:31:41 pm »

I have my own theory as to why there is a Donald Trump in 2016, which doesn't negate the fact that there still is a legitimate Conservatism, and a very destructive Progressivism.

The problem is that Trump has been able to hide the FACT that he is a Progressive, and that his goals have nothing to do with the survival of the Constitution any more than Woodrow Wilson's or FDR's did.

The reality of Trump's politics cannot be removed from the discussion without undermining the dire situation we find ourselves in.

We have a third of Republican primary voters enthusiastically supporting a Progressive Democrat who will spit on the Constitution.

And that, for me, is deeply troubling.

:amen:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 10:35:49 pm »

He gets free publicity from the leftist MSM. 

Because he ruins the reputation of the "Republican/conservative" brand. The media will let him do that for as long as he wants to.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »
Because he ruins the reputation of the "Republican/conservative" brand. The media will let him do that for as long as he wants to.

They certainly will.

Every minute of publicity he gets is another blow to legitimate conservatism.

The left loves this guy.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2015, 10:47:04 pm »
Christine ‏@cmdeb 1h1 hour ago

Liking someone bc he's not a politician is really the lowest standard possible when he's a terrible person by all reasonable standards.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2015, 10:50:52 pm »

Bingo. I've said it several times before, but if Steven Colbert were to write a parody of how the left views the right, :baghead: would fit it to a tee.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 10:54:29 pm »
Bingo. I've said it several times before, but if Steven Colbert were to write a parody of how the left views the right, :baghead: would fit it to a tee.

Which feeds the theory that he's a stalking horse for Hillary.

He is a leftist parody of conservatism, bearing no reality to who the majority of us are.