Author Topic: Kasich hopes Trump will become a ‘unifier’  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich hopes Trump will become a ‘unifier’
« on: December 27, 2015, 04:24:58 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264275-kasich-hopes-trump-will-become-a-unifier

December 27, 2015, 10:33 am
Kasich hopes Trump will become a ‘unifier’

By Bradford Richardson

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) says he hopes Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump will become a “unifier,” rather than a “divider.”

“I’ve been listening to him lately, and you notice he’s toned down the rhetoric,” Kasich, who's also running for the GOP nomination, said of Trump on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday. “I listened to your six-minute coverage of him, and he’s toning it down.”

“And I’m just hoping that as we go forward he’s going to be a unifier,” he said. “Because I’m going to tell you, you can’t win the White House without winning Ohio. If we have a candidate that comes into Ohio who is a divider, there’s no chance they’re going to win it.”

Kasich also said plans, such as those advocated by Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas),  to deport more than 11 million illegal immigrants in the country run contrary to the principles of the GOP.

“Look, it is completely ridiculous to think that we’re going to go in the neighborhoods, grab people out of their homes, split up families, and ship people back to Mexico,” he said.

“It’s not going to happen.” “The party is not for deporting 11.5 million people,” he added. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe it."

Kasich said he would offer undocumented immigrants a pathway to legalization if they have not committed any other crimes in the U.S.

“I said finish the border, have a guest worker program, and for the 11.5 million that are here, if they haven’t violated another law when they’ve been here, then they get a path to legalization, and they’ve got to pay a fine,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Kasich hopes Trump will become a ‘unifier’
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »
Stop the-presses . John Vote for me because my father was a mailman Kasich speaks.  Gets kicked down to the KIDDIE debate and still does not have tha ba*** to drop out. I am sure TRUMP will lister with total focus on what John Kasich has to say or think!!! :chairbang: