General Category > Politics/Government

Trump Threatens 35% Tax on Ford if Mexico Operations Expand

(1/2) > >>

ABX:
Newsflash, a large percentage of Fords are sold overseas, they are an international company. Why not address why they can't afford to manufacture everything here instead of government enforced protectionism? Also, how exactly does a President force a tax? Last time I checked, he doesn't have the Constitutional authority.

--- Quote ---...It was the Detroit News headline “Trump goes after Ford Motor Co.” not how long Hillary went overtime in the restroom that got our attention. Donald Trump made a whistle stop outside Grand Rapids, Michigan to take aim at Ford’s plans to expand production in Mexico. Trump promised if elected he would threaten manufacturers with big tariffs on imports to discourage building manufacturing plants south of the border. ...

Trump to Ford, “If you build that plant in Mexico, I’m going to charge you 35 percent on every car, truck part that you send into our country,” he said. “Every single one.” Trump went further saying he would engage in tough negotiations with car companies to build new plants in the US and Michigan. Political analysts say Trump’s proposal would at the very minimum require congressional approval and possibly violate NAFTA....

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1512-trump-threatens-35-tax-on-ford-if-mexico-operations-expand/

--- End quote ---

Longiron:
And he will reduce Corporate  TAX Rates to 15 %. They will be back!  :patriot:

truth_seeker:
Ford along with other major international vehicle companies manufacture in several regions and countries.

Ford has built vehicles in Mexico for decades. This is nothing new.

sinkspur:
Trump can't impose a tax on his own, and a GOP Congress will never go along with tariffs of any kind.

So this is nothing but his usual bluster.

EC:
Hmmm. Using a government agency to penalize someone you disagree with.

Where HAVE I heard that before?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version