Author Topic: Hillary Clinton’s ‘Secret Weapon’ Could Escalate Campaign Rhetoric  (Read 1255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clintons-secret-weapon-could-escalate-campaign-rhetoric-1451082017

Hillary Clinton’s ‘Secret Weapon’ Could Escalate Campaign Rhetoric
Bill Clinton gets a higher profile just as the jostling with Donald Trump gets more pointed

By Peter Nicholas
Dec. 25, 2015 5:20 p.m. ET

A new and more combative phase of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign opens next month when she sends her husband out to stump for her in important early states.

Waiting for him will be businessman Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner.

The former president has been a low-key figure since Mrs. Clinton entered the race for the Democratic nomination in April, offering private advice and helping her raise money at closed-door fundraisers. In January, the campaign intends to showcase him in public forums in Iowa and New Hampshire, two states where the front-runner is locked in a tight race against Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Speaking to supporters recently, Mrs. Clinton described her husband as a “secret weapon.”

Throwing Mr. Clinton into the mix could further escalate the rhetoric between the Trump and Clinton campaigns. In the 2008 presidential race, the former president would bristle at criticism directed at his wife and got in hot water when he suggested Barack Obama’s victory in the South Carolina primary was less significant because of the large African-American vote.

continued
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:04:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Hillary Clinton’s ‘Secret Weapon’ Could Escalate Campaign Rhetoric
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:06:28 pm »
Slick Willie is not running for the POTUS. If TRUMP is the candidate he will expose him for what he is. TRUMP plays OFFENSE something the RINOGOPe has not done for 30 + years and is unpredictable and they have never dealt with that and that includes the BIG MEDIA. CRUZ will eat Hillary's lunch in debates BUT do not know if he has the courage to go after Slick WILLIE. We shall see?  :patriot:

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »
"MSNBC Panel Warns : Hillary Clinton "Be Careful " With Donald Trump

Morning Joe panel warns Hillary Clinton about her charges of sexism!

Here are 11 reasons Hillary Clinton doesn’t want to mess with Donald Trump:Paula Jones, Eileen Wellstone, Juanita Broaddrick, Carolyn Moffet, Elizabeth Ward, Paula Corbin, Sandra Allen James, Christy Zercher, Kathleen Willey, Gennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky...

There are more, many, many more. We cannot allow this sort of sickness near the highest office in the land!"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af8_1451078641

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZYUF-QkUM
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:26:17 pm by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 09:40:22 pm »
I don't think he wants to be the First Gentleman.  A) he's not a gentleman, b) he doesn't want to play second fiddle to his wife, and c) he doesn't want the scrutiny that being spouse of a president would entail.

I think he'll do what he has to do, dropping little self-defeating bombs as he goes.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »
Risky move for Hillary. She's using Bill as a proxy, but that could backfire.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 11:22:04 pm »
I would never call Bill a secret or a weapon.

He is frail, with heart problems and a sketchy reputation. He's not going to be able to do much.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:03 am »
I wonder how his girlfriend feels about this.

Hillary knows all about Bill's indulgences, as he does about hers.  Intriguingly, Hillary's tastes are said to be strikingly similar to his own...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn