Author Topic: CNN Poll: Rubio, Cruz Beat Hillary  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: CNN Poll: Rubio, Cruz Beat Hillary
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 10:01:59 pm »
Rubio would be a smart choice.  But still,  in the way that things used to be done,  Rubio would be vying for the Veep slot, not the Big Job.    But that's before the recent fad of electing first term Senators to the Presidency and watching the whole shebang go to hell.   

That's, really, my big issue with Cruz - when all is said done,  does he have the seasoning, the stature and the leadership credentials?  Haven't we learned that the Presidency isn't the amateur hour?

Remember when the deep bench of dynamic GOP governors, steeped in executive experience, was touted as our strength?   Walker and Jindal and Pataki crapped out, and Christie,  Kasich and Bush are just hanging on.  (Actually, they are cannibalizing each other's support.  If the RNC were as sinister and smart as some folks pronounce they are,  they'd get those three in a room, knock their heads together,  decide which one of the three will proceed forward with the support of the others.    Then a traditionally-qualified candidate can emerge to take on the Napoleons.)

In the end, the biggest challenge may be to unite the clans so we can win the damn thing.   Right now,  the my dream ticket is Fiorina/Rubio or Fiorina/Kasich.   Fiorina's executive experience rivals the governors, and she's the sort of fighter the base is pining for.   She brings a moral authority to social issues.   Rubio is a talented communicator and idea man, and the Veep slot is perfect for him.   Or go with Kasich,  who's got everyone beat on the credentials of conventional experience,  and holds the key to Ohio (which is the key to the election)

Smart choice  if you ignore the fact that he is pro amnesty still to this moment!

NO thank you!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2015, 12:08:16 am »
Smart choice  if you ignore the fact that he is pro amnesty still to this moment!

NO thank you!

I'm not a one issue voter, Bigun. 

See, here's the thing - what if you could get everything you wanted with respect to immigration reform -  secure borders,  a recommitment to law enforcement,  systemic reforms regarding visas, temporary stays, etc.,  penalties for employers who hire illegals, etc. - but it all comes with one political cost:   To get the other side to agree to all that good stuff, those already here with clean noses will be normalized.    Would you pay that price?   Or would you hold out for it all, even if the stalemate continues the status quo?

How bad do you really want to solve the problem?   That's really the appeal of comprehensive reform.   Get it all done as part of a grand bargain.   Because otherwise it just doesn't get done.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2015, 02:12:58 am »
Rubio would be a smart choice.  ....Right now,  my dream ticket is Fiorina/Rubio or Fiorina/Kasich...   

You're joking, right?  Can't possibly be serious. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 06:36:40 am »
You're joking, right?  Can't possibly be serious.

Oh,  I don't think it's realistic that Fiorina will break through.    Cruz has the momentum and Fiorina does not.   But, yeah, if I were king o' the world,  that's how I'd construct the GOP ticket.  Not a joke, then, just a fantasy.

Fiorina's the only candidate this time around whose rhetoric has really inspired me.  I think in a debate she'd tear Hillary a new one and it would be just the grandest thing to see it.    And there's no one on that GOP debate stage that I'd rather see in the room with Putin.

I'm using the criteria of competency and electability.   Fiorina ought to appeal to the base.   She's an executive,  not a first-term Solon (I really do think that's a consideration, after having endured the hamfistedness of the last seven years).

What don't you like about Fiorina?         

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »
As good as a candidate Cruz is and would make a great POTUS he will not beat Hillary and neither will the TRAITOR.

Who is the TRAITOR?

Offline flowers

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »
not beat Hillary and neither will the TRAITOR
Who is the traitor?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »
If name recognition's the big thing then we should all be supporting Jeb Bush.   Trump's name is known because he's a media whore and a game show host.   He's not known as someone who's remotely qualified to be President.   

Trump's appeal to the angry base is the appeal of an irresponsible bender.  Great fun, but most of us are responsible enough to understand that the Leader of the Free World can't be a guy with an ego the size of a dirigible and the volatility of, well, a hydrogen-filled dirigible.

Another TRUMP HATER who will never say what their candidate will do different  or why if they even have a favorite just BITCH about TRUMP being the leader that will implode whe he gets at 60 % of the vote. Well you do have some company on here and watching you continue to make a ass out yourself will be fun to watch. By the way try running for anything when no one recognizes your name. How is the hopey changey thing working for you? 8888crybaby

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »
Right now,  my dream ticket is Fiorina/Rubio or Fiorina/Kasich.   

I could be wrong, but this might be a first ....  ^-^

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 06:11:47 am »
Not gonna happen.  But it's fun to contemplate with a wee dram.   Try it sometime - you'll find you like Fiorina a lot better then too!  :grin:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 09:24:30 am »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2015, 09:33:02 am »
Julian Castro is the U.S. Secretary of State and Urban Development. 
Minor correction Kerry is the Sec of State.  Castro is the Sec of Housing and Urban Development.