Author Topic: Christians use 'gay' model to pressure companies. 'It's probably the most underserved and fluid market segment'  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

Christians use 'gay' model to pressure companies
'It's probably the most underserved and fluid market segment'
Published: 14 hours ago

(CNBC) — Happy holidays … or is it merry Christmas?

A willingness to use the word “Christmas” in seasonal advertising is just one of many criteria the brand strategy firm Faith Driven Consumer employs as it rates companies for its Faith Equality Index. The group looks to see how well Christians are viewed “as an equally valued, welcomed and respected community in the rich rainbow of diversity.”

According to FDC, 70 percent of faith-driven consumers are unhappy with their current brand relationships, which they may find disrespectful to their worldview. The firm’s ratings — inspired by the success of similar efforts by LGBT groups and others — are designed to drive Christian consumers to companies that support their values.

“It’s probably the most underserved and fluid market segment currently present,” said Chris Stone, founder of FDC. “It’s rapidly emerging and economically powerful but still relatively immature.”

Read the full story ›

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/christians-use-gay-model-to-pressure-companies/#BKT5hymQAFCO2gVy.99
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:21:07 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is freedom and democracy in action.  More power to private citizens who recognize that the most effective means to drive cultural change is consumerism.    Money talks,  and companies who don't respect their Christian customers (or gay customers, for that matter) can best be addressed by the good old fashioned boycott.   No need to appeal to government or politicians, just think about where you spend your money.   

For me,  I've tried for years to buy American whenever I can (and when I can't, at least not buy Chinese).   That Jeep in my driveway's not just a truck, but a flag.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide