Author Topic: Rick Perry on Putin Endorsing Trump: ‘What’s Next, Fidel Casto?’  (Read 747 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sunday on on CNN’s “State of the Union,” former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) attacked Republican front-runner Donald Trump by describing him as inconsistent.

When asked about Vladmir Putin’s endorsement of Trump, Perry said, “What is next? Fidel Castro. I mean seriously.”

Host Jake Tapper said, “This is the front-runner of the Republican Party. I would think that would be the kiss of death.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/12/20/rick-perry-on-putin-endorsing-trump-whats-next-fidel-casto/

Offline Paladin

Re: Rick Perry on Putin Endorsing Trump: ‘What’s Next, Fidel Casto?’
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:48:42 am »
“What is next? Fidel Castro. I mean seriously.”

No, Rick, I think the Castro endorsement is already a foregone conclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14lsC4WLV0

There is an amusing aspect to Bernie's love affair. He blames Reagan (Reagan!) although the American quarantine of Cuba began under Liberal saint JFK and was continued under LBJ and Jimmy Carter. Reagan is really a latecomer to the game and is hardly at fault when it comes to our policies re: Fidel & Co.

Oh, and btw Bernie, the lovely Fidel has never allowed free and fair elections in his country, so no one really knows what the Cuban people think of him, beyond not wanting to be a resident in one of his penal colonies.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:10:33 am »
“What is next? Fidel Castro. I mean seriously.”

How about Justin Bieber, Bill Cosby, or Tom Brady?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:21:21 am »
No, no, I think you are all missing it!  My sources tell me that the Washington Post, that pillar of truth and impartial journalism, secretly hired famed new age channeler JZ Knight to hold a seance and communicate with Adolf Hitler from beyond the grave. This seance determined that Hitler was four-square behind the candidacy of Donald Trump, though Hitler was very critical of Trump's negative position regarding Islam, saying that he always found the followers of Mohammed to be very receptive to his ideas.

The seance did have a momentary disturbance when the spirit of Joe Stalin suddenly appeared and violently challenged Hitler, Stalin being quite chagrined that his position was being represented by "a ridiculous wimp" in Bernie Sanders and "an incontinent woman" in Hillary Clinton.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:09:09 am »
No, no, I think you are all missing it!  My sources tell me that the Washington Post, that pillar of truth and impartial journalism, secretly hired famed new age channeler JZ Knight to hold a seance and communicate with Adolf Hitler from beyond the grave. This seance determined that Hitler was four-square behind the candidacy of Donald Trump, though Hitler was very critical of Trump's negative position regarding Islam, saying that he always found the followers of Mohammed to be very receptive to his ideas.

The seance did have a momentary disturbance when the spirit of Joe Stalin suddenly appeared and violently challenged Hitler, Stalin being quite chagrined that his position was being represented by "a ridiculous wimp" in Bernie Sanders and "an incontinent woman" in Hillary Clinton.

I know you're being humorous, and I know the joke wasn't designed for me, but humor must contain a some truth to be funny, and nobody is going to believe that highly improbable story unless Trump claims he saw it with his own eyes.  Additionally there is no way Trump would get a hard on over Hitler's endorsement, like he did for Vlad's endorsement.  If you're going to go for shock value Hitler is overused...perhaps Judas Iscariot next time.  On the other hand calling foreigners rapists and murderers, killing the families of your enemies, disdain for the disabled, universal healthcare, and having no empathy for captured soldiers does sound a little Adolphy. 

Humor is hard to pull off with the written word, so kudos for the effort, and I did get a chuckle over the Stalin sentence.  Plus it was well written and didn't contain anything that could make us anti-Trumpers overtly incensed.  I award 2 points for style, 1 point for imagination, 1 point for using the word chagrined, and 10 points (the maximum) for propaganda effectiveness.  It definitely makes a point, unfortunately I didn't find it that funny.  I hope that doesn't come off too pretentious.  I appreciate that TBR has a joke master in you, and I enjoy your posts.  I think you have a healthy sense of humor

Have a very merry Christmas Scott.