Author Topic: Ted Cruz GOES OFF On Washington Post After Cartoonist Depicts His Kids As Monkeys  (Read 2149 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/22/ted-cruz-goes-off-on-washington-post-after-cartoonist-depicts-his-kids-as-monkeys/

Ted Cruz GOES OFF On Washington Post After Cartoonist Depicts His Kids As Monkeys

Chuck Ross
Reporter
6:54 PM 12/22/2015

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz 
97%
slammed The Washington Post on Tuesday after the paper depicted his two young daughters as monkeys in an editorial cartoon.

In an article accompanying her drawing, Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Ann Telnaes wrote that while it is an “unspoken rule in editorial cartooning that a politician’s children are off-limits,” she felt that Cruz’s daughters, Caroline and Catherine, were “fair game” because the Republican presidential candidate used them in a Christmas parody video.

Ann Telnaes

@AnnTelnaes

Ted Cruz uses his kids as political props http://wpo.st/FD4z0  pic.twitter.com/GNfoP4batF
4:57 PM - 22 Dec 2015

Cruz responded, urging Telnaes to attack him rather than his kids.

Ted Cruz

@tedcruz

Classy. @washingtonpost makes fun of my girls. Stick w/ attacking me--Caroline & Catherine are out of your league. 

https://twitter.com/anntelnaes/status/679435507915423744
5:12 PM - 22 Dec 2015

video at link

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I thought his Christmas parody was outstanding.  He did very well in it and I think it helps him greatly to use humor because sometimes he seems stiff and too practiced - but he did great when he was trying to be whimsical.  It works for him and we should see more of it.  Hillary can't do humor at all.  Cruz shows he can and that is a winner for him.

The Washington Post - already a completely worthless publication - is a biased propaganda rag whose staff is a bunch of talentless buffoons.  Cruz has no reason to concern himself with those fools.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:29:50 am by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Only the beginning. The Left is doing a 'Palin type' attack on him and his entire family.

I recommend that he burn all his trash. They will be sifting through it. Before long, some 'journalist' will be camped out near his home, with a telephoto recorder.

It my be good to talk to Palin about this. Since she went through all this already, she may have some tips for him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Only the beginning. The Left is doing a 'Palin type' attack on him and his entire family.

Exactly 240B.. and it is only going to get worse.
Time to put the steel backbone in.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's see someone try this crap with Sasha and Malia. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Texas Sen. Ted Cruz slammed The Washington Post on Tuesday after the paper depicted his two young daughters as monkeys in an editorial cartoon..."

Sounds like the Post has become infected with "Daily News disease".

With a bit of luck, perhaps the Post will perish from it!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Let's see someone try this crap with Sasha and Malia.

The leftists would set the world on fire if anyone ever did anything close to this, to anyone on the Left.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

Just another example of the Liberal double standard when it comes to Conservatives vs Liberals. My guess is Ted has a thick hide given the attacks he has had to endure since he ran for the Senate, but my heart still goes out to him and his girls.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The leftists would set the world on fire if anyone ever did anything close to this, to anyone on the Left.

My point exactly.   :beer:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Cruz has 2 beautiful daughters, who obviously got their looks from mom.

Sad that the despicable liberal media uses such tactics.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:27:14 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Marco Rubio ‏@marcorubio 3h3 hours ago

Wash Post cartoon featuring @tedcruz’s children is disgusting. The Post saying the kids are “fair game” is even worse.

Offline Paladin

Update (but it's not from WaPo)

"The Washington Post pulled a political cartoon Tuesday night that portrayed the daughters of Ted Cruz — ages 7 and 4 — as monkeys.

The cartoon by Ann Telnaes showed the two girls as dancing like small simians before Mr. Cruz, who is Hispanic, dressed as an organ-grinder.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/22/washington-post-pulls-political-cartoon-depicting-/

I cannot get this story to copy no matter what I do. Suffice to say the editor at WaPo actually claimed that he "failed to look at" it before it was published (you bet!) and no one offered Sen Cruz an apology.

Correction to the update:

The Washington Examiner also has the story and says WaPo did apologize.

"UPDATE 12.22.15: The Washington Post removed the cartoon late Tuesday evening, and issued an apology explaining that they did not review Telnaes' work prior to publishing.

"It's generally been the policy of our editorial section to leave children out of it," Post editor Fred Hiatt said in a statement.

"I failed to look at this cartoon before it was published. I understand why Ann thought an exception to the policy was warranted in this case, but I do not agree."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2578970/

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:07:47 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline libertybele

As terrible and as disgusting as this is, I have little doubt that the left will continue their antics.  I am viewing this a little differently, (and perhaps with some wishful thinking) Cruz is young, his wife is young and he has two cute adorable young girls; if this continues it will backfire on the left. I predict it will work in Cruz's favor and he and his family will be viewed as "Kennedy/Camelot"-like, causing him to grow in popularity.  I look for Hillary's grandbaby to start making appearances along the campaign trail should this happen.

I further predict that it will be a contest between Clinton and Cruz; old against young, establishment against an outsider.  An outsider who was also seen as a long shot and an underdog.  My bet lies with Cruz.

Cruz 2106!  Reigniting the Promise of America.   :patriot: :patriot:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:27:58 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Paladin

Oh, how funny, Right?

Offline libertybele

Oh, how funny, Right?

Except Hussein needs to be dressed up like one of the Flying Butt Monkey's in the Wizard of Oz and his kids should be dressed up like the munchkins. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.