Author Topic: New York City has received ‘credible’ threat: sources  (Read 385 times)

Offline flowers

New York City has received ‘credible’ threat: sources
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
http://pix11.com/2015/12/22/new-york-city-has-received-credible-threat-sources/

NEW YORK – A “credible threat” has been lodged against New York City, days ahead of Christmas and during an especially busy time of the year when tourists flock to the Big Apple, law enforcement sources told PIX11 News Tuesday.

Top NYPD brass including Commissioner William Bratton held an emergency meeting Tuesday to discuss the threat and their response to it, sources said. Few details were released about the nature of the threat.

A federal law enforcement source said the threat is not specific and could take place in several major U.S. cities.

All New York City police officers received a bulletin Tuesday afternoon outlining the department’s tactical plan and warning officers to stay vigilant, according to sources. That internal memo mentioned social media being used as a tactic and that a possible attack could come without warning.

Expect to see increased police presence at iconic locations across multiple boroughs, including Times Square, St. Patrick’s Cathedral for Midnight Mass on Thursday, and Barclays Center in Brooklyn, marking the first time a threat has sparked a swell of police presence in a borough other than Manhattan.

Every soft target is now on the isis hit list. Obama/valjar want attacks here and often. take us down to size. Unfair we haven't had terror attacks like other places in the world.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: New York City has received ‘credible’ threat: sources
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:00 pm »

A few real attacks and hundreds of false warnings would nearly shut this country down...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 09:31:04 pm »
Christmas through New Years is always the highest tourist time in NYC, even with their good security, it would be a high profile target. I've always worried about Times Square during New Years and how they can have the necessary security for that.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:06:23 pm »
To some extent, what we are witnessing is a permanent, or at least long-term, change in the nature of our lives.  I actually think the plethora of small, soft attacks and threats is far more destabilizing than one big attack - as these will actually begin to alter the way we live.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:11:53 pm »
Christmas through New Years is always the highest tourist time in NYC, even with their good security, it would be a high profile target. I've always worried about Times Square during New Years and how they can have the necessary security for that.

I am concerned about Vegas as well - between 1 and 2 million will be on the Strip and at Fremont New Year's Eve.  The security is immense, unlike anything anyone has seen outside combat zones, you almost can't take a step without seeing a uniformed officer and there are even more plain clothes.  But it is a huge area to cover, the five miles of the Strip and maybe another mile downtown. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »
To some extent, what we are witnessing is a permanent, or at least long-term, change in the nature of our lives.  I actually think the plethora of small, soft attacks and threats is far more destabilizing than one big attack - as these will actually begin to alter the way we live.

Yep, I remember going to Puerta Vallarta back years ago and seeing the armed soldiers on the streets, at the malls and at major businesses.  I thought, "Man, what a place that needs that kind of security."

We are almost there...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:21 am »
I have always marveled at the people who live in Israel. They have been surrounded by enemies since day one of their second start as a country. They have had terror attacks like no other country constant but the people are resilient and strong. They aren't cry babies like the countries surrounding them that are huge and filled with Muslim scum always trying to chip away at them. Maybe once our country has enough attacks people will wake up to the fact no Muslims in your country is the only way to being safe. We never had to worry about them till recently since few were accepted into our country and there was a bill banning them at one time. With Islam being a political cult it should be banned again it is not a religion.