Author Topic: The quiet impact of Obama’s Christian faith  (Read 595 times)

Offline flowers

The quiet impact of Obama’s Christian faith
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:10:03 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/12/22/obama-faith/?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

President Obama was flying over Los Angeles in June as he listened to the first accounts from a courtroom in Charleston, S.C., where family members of nine dead parishioners who were gunned down at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church had just addressed the accused killer.

He heard the words of a daughter who had lost her mother: “May God forgive you. I forgive you.”

He listened to the plea of a mother who had lost her son: “Every fiber in my body hurts . . . but may God have mercy on you.”

Above: President Obama attends a memorial service on Dec. 16, 2012, at Newtown High School in Newtown, Conn., for victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Obama arrived in Newtown two days after the tragedy and as authorities were still trying to piece together a motive for the second-deadliest mass shooting in the United States. (Olivier Douliery via Bloomberg News)

The president paused, the thump of the helicopter’s blades filling the otherwise silent cabin. He had planned to tweet some statistics later that day comparing gun violence in the United States and other developed countries, but now he told his staff to cancel that.

Instead, in the Oval Office two days later, he seized upon something that seemed more important to him than any argument about gun control — an idea central to his political identity and his conviction that he could unify the divided nation.

“The essence of what is right about Christianity is embedded here,” he said of the families, according to notes taken during the meeting.

As Obama saw it, the parishioners and their families met the most demanding teachings of Christ. “They welcomed the stranger,” he said in the Oval Office meeting. “They forgave the worst violence.”

These were Obama’s thoughts as he prepared to deliver the eulogy for the Rev. Clementa Pinckney. He wanted to use the moment to talk about the example that the pastor, who was killed in the attack, his parishioners and their families had set for a country that had grown so suspicious and gridlocked over the course of his presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81XKXaKULU

Offline mountaineer

Re: The quiet impact of Obama’s Christian faith
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:12:47 pm »
Give me a break.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 09:16:50 pm »
Give me a break.
Yeah I didn't know whether to cry or laugh myself silly on this one. He only believes in himself before any God.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 09:19:30 pm »
barf
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:25 pm »
 :nometalk:

My Christian faith prevents me from speaking out. However, I will confess to my priest at Christmas Eve service, my having less than gracious thoughts about Obama.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:33 pm »
Obama's Christian faith has not been not "quiet".

It has been inaudible.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:29:20 pm »
Yeah I didn't know whether to cry or laugh myself silly on this one. He only believes in himself before any God.

I'm sorry but these are not the remarks of a Christian. he maybe religious, he is not a Christian.

Here is an excerpt of Obama's remarks from the 2001 Il Senate floor debate:

“Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child, a nine-month-old child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.”

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:42 pm »
I'm sorry but these are not the remarks of a Christian. he maybe religious, he is not a Christian.

Here is an excerpt of Obama's remarks from the 2001 Il Senate floor debate:

“Number one, whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we’re really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child, a nine-month-old child that was delivered to term. That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute.”

I re-type my wording. He only believes in himself.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:54 pm »
Man, the Washington Post has just become worthless.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:15:12 pm »
He stopped going to church right after he was elected in 08. He had to toss Rev Wright under the bus. He attempted to show us photo ops of his family going to church. I haven't even seen them do that in years. The church was a way to get his street creds. 

A political use. nothing else. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:37:18 pm »
His name

Barack -- Blessed in Arabic
Hussein -- was a relative of th Prophet Muhammad
Obama -- is a designation of a Muslim tribe in Kenya

If Obama is Christian, as he 'kind of' claims to be, then he is the first "Christian" ever in history with the name Hussein.

A Christian named Hussein would be killed immediately as an insult to Islam, anywhere in the M.E.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:19 pm »

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 11:55:09 pm »

That will doubtless come as unwelcome news to the flocks of parakeets whose cages the Post has lined for decades.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 12:32:50 am »

Yep! About 30 years ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 01:36:47 am »
"The quiet impact of Obama’s Christian faith..."

...demonstrates that he has learned his use of taqiyya very well, indeed.

Certainly enough to bamboozle the fools at the Washington Post!