Author Topic: My mistake! Disaster on Miss Universe 2015 as Steve Harvey announces the WRONG winner - and then Miss Colombia has to take off her crown and give it to Miss Philippines on live television  (Read 906 times)

Offline Paladin

Oh, dear, oh dear. How embarrassing.

"Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner of the Miss Universe 2015 pageant on Sunday night - and the crowd watched in heartbreak and horror as the crown had to be removed from the head of one contestant and placed on another.

Miss Colombia had been wiping away tears of joy as the $30,000 blue diamond and topaz crown was placed upon her head and she was named Miss Universe 2015, winning the title for her country for the second year in a row.

But her glory only lasted for two minutes.

Steve Harvey strolled up on stage, the shame already evident on his face, when he told the crowd 'Folks, I have to apologize.'

'The first runner-up,' he then announced. 'Is Colombia.'

Miss Philippines stared wide-eyed at the audience, her lip quivering as Miss USA whispered into her ear and she realized what exactly those words meant.

'Miss Universe 2015,' Harvey then dramatically clarified, 'Is Miss Philippines.'

Wurtzbach joined Gutierrez on stage and stared into the audience in shock, Miss Universe 2014 Paulina Vega giving her fellow countrywoman a comforting pat on the back just minutes after they had shared a victorious embrace.

'Folks let me take control of this,' Harvey told the sea of boos and cheers.

'This is exactly what's on the card,' he then said, displaying the results on the camera.

'I will take responsibility for this, it was my mistake,' he continued.

'I can show it to your right here, the first runner up is Colombia,' it's my mistake, still a great night. Please don't hold it against the ladies.'

And then came for the heartbreaking moment when Miss Colombia had to bend down, allowing Vega to remove the crown and place it on Miss Philippines head instead.

The telecast then came to an abrupt stop, cutting without credits or allowing Miss Philippines to take her first walk as Miss Universe."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3368439/Disaster-strikes-Miss-Universe-2015-Steve-Harvey-announces-WRONG-winner.html#ixzz3uvKqyfeW

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline famousdayandyear

Oh my "god".  I named my car Brad.  What can I do?

And this is posted on a serious site?  What the fuc

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bullshit setup drama. Hey, people, it's television. Understand TV? Nothing Is real. They planned this whole thing 6 months ago.

And after, she was voted off the island.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Somewhere on the campaign trail, Donald Trump is shaking his head in dismay: "I sold off that pageant, and it didn't even last one year—ONE YEAR—before some guy starts handing the crowns to the losers!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Oh my "god".  I named my car Brad.  What can I do?

And this is posted on a serious site?  What the fuc
We have categories - like news, politics, world, science, etc. -  for the serious stuff. This is the sports and entertainment category. Really serious people can ignore it if they prefer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Paladin

As if his first blunder were not enough Harvey compounded it by posting the following tweet:

He managed, in one tweet, to misspell both "Philippines" and "Colombia". Way to go, Steve.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

We have categories - like news, politics, world, science, etc. -  for the serious stuff. This is the sports and entertainment category. Really serious people can ignore it if they prefer.

Thanks for pointing that out, Mountaineer. I couldn't quite figure out what FDaY was trying to say.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As if his first blunder were not enough Harvey compounded it by posting the following tweet:

He managed, in one tweet, to misspell both "Philippines" and "Colombia". Way to go, Steve.

Dude be like, affirmative action TV personality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln