Author Topic: Movement to Primary Speaker Paul Ryan Out of Congress Picks Up Steam  (Read 3237 times)

rangerrebew

Movement to Primary Speaker Paul Ryan Out of Congress Picks Up Steam

Jim Hoft Dec 19th, 2015 8:13 am 986 Comments

We Were Warned–
Harry Reid threw his support behind Paul Ryan for Speaker back in October.

In July 2013 Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) spoke with a Hispanic audience about his intention to push immigration reform in the House of Representatives.

In October 2013 Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) wrote a bill that would grant citizenship to at least 11 million illegal immigrants.

Ryan was elected Speaker of the House in October.

On Thursday Speaker Ryan passed a trillion dollar budget deal that was widely praised by Barack Obama and Democratic leaders.
They got everything they wanted.

After Republicans passed this budget Rush Limbaugh posed the question: Tell Me How the Budget Deal Would Be Worse If Democrats Ran Congress
It wouldn’t.

Now there is a movement under way to primary Paul Ryan out of office.
ryan facebook
A facebook page was set up to primary Paul Ryan from Congress.

The page already has 4,335 likes.

There is also a Fire Paul Ryan webpage set up online.

And now this…
On Friday the Wisconsin Tea Party declared war on Ryan.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/movement-to-primary-speaker-paul-ryan-out-of-congress-picks-up-steam/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:20:06 am by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Movement to Primary Speaker Paul Ryan Out of Congress Picks Up Steam
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:35:29 pm »
Picking up steam??  How?  Facebook?  That matters why?  Tea Party?  The Freedom Caucus caved as well. The 'people' are dissatisfied and that is evident by Trump and Cruz's poll numbers, and this was nothing more than a huge move by the establishment to show their muscle and to tell "we the people" that we no longer are in control. The damage by Boehner and now Ryan will be felt for years to come.  Especially Ryan's actions.  This all comes right before an election year and it almost guarantees giving back the seats that we have gained in the Senate and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose seats in the House.  Then what?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:57:25 pm »
Picking up steam??  How?  Facebook?  That matters why?  Tea Party?  The Freedom Caucus caved as well. The 'people' are dissatisfied and that is evident by Trump and Cruz's poll numbers, and this was nothing more than a huge move by the establishment to show their muscle and to tell "we the people" that we no longer are in control. The damage by Boehner and now Ryan will be felt for years to come.  Especially Ryan's actions.  This all comes right before an election year and it almost guarantees giving back the seats that we have gained in the Senate and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose seats in the House.  Then what?

Does not matter if the seats are lost because their is no such thing as a competitive party. How many more times does the RINOGOPe have to GIVE the FINGER to the people before we get the message. Replacing a RINO with a DEM not first choice but to get the RINO out for 2 years can live with that. No difference anyway and if there is,  someone please explain the difference between a RINO and DEM?? Best case the RINO gets primaried by a Conservative BUT in any case the enemy is the RINOGOPe and until conservatives come to understand that expect more of the same from the HOUSE. **nononono*
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:58:24 pm by Longiron »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »
It's a start.   ^-^

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 03:16:08 pm »
Does not matter if the seats are lost because their is no such thing as a competitive party. How many more times does the RINOGOPe have to GIVE the FINGER to the people before we get the message. Replacing a RINO with a DEM not first choice but to get the RINO out for 2 years can live with that. No difference anyway and if there is,  someone please explain the difference between a RINO and DEM?? Best case the RINO gets primaried by a Conservative BUT in any case the enemy is the RINOGOPe and until conservatives come to understand that expect more of the same from the HOUSE. **nononono*

Yes, the enemy is the RINGOPe, and right now Rubio is who they are trying to elevate and they will find a way to get him in.  If that doesn't work, they always have Hillary.  IF by some miracle we do seat Trump or Cruz; we/they are still faced with Ryan, Pelosi, Reid, McConnel, etc.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:21:22 pm »
It's a start.   ^-^

It's a joke.  The Wisconsin primary is April 5 and there is no viable challenger to Ryan on the horizon.  He's been reelected eight times and he'll be reelected a ninth time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 03:42:58 pm »
It's a joke.  The Wisconsin primary is April 5 and there is no viable challenger to Ryan on the horizon.  He's been reelected eight times and he'll be reelected a ninth time. 

Just curious, Sink.  Is there even ONE GOP establishment position or candidate you will not support with your heart, mind and soul?   :pondering:

If so, what/who is it?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 03:45:09 pm »
Just curious, Sink.  Is there even ONE GOP establishment position or candidate you will not support with your heart, mind and soul?   :pondering:

If so, what/who is it?

I support Republicans.

I don't support Democrats, which is why I don't support Trump. 

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 03:50:34 pm »

If so, what/who is it?

He likes his Democrat policies with just a touch of artificial flavoring.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 03:56:09 pm »

LOL!!  Dopey.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 03:57:39 pm »
So, "no".

Republicans can't win with just conservatives.  Your narrow definition of what the party should look like would doom Republicans to minority status for generations.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »
Republicans can't win with just conservatives.  Your narrow definition of what the party should look like would doom Republicans to minority status for generations. 

Yeah, whatever. 

I asked you what establishment position or candidate you don't support.  Please, take another shot at an answer.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 04:05:00 pm »
Yeah, whatever. 

I asked you what establishment position or candidate you don't support.  Please, take another shot at an answer.

I oppose subsidies:  ethanol, sugar, farm, energy, corporate.  Let's have a level playing field. If a technology can't survive without subsidies, then let it die.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:08 pm »
I oppose subsidies:  ethanol, sugar, farm, energy, corporate.  Let's have a level playing field. If a technology can't survive without subsidies, then let it die. 

It's a start.

Thanks.   ^-^

Offline Longiron

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 05:36:58 pm »
Yes, the enemy is the RINGOPe, and right now Rubio is who they are trying to elevate and they will find a way to get him in.  If that doesn't work, they always have Hillary.  IF by some miracle we do seat Trump or Cruz; we/they are still faced with Ryan, Pelosi, Reid, McConnel, etc.

Mitch might have the big one if CRUZ gets in?  :silly: If not look for Mike Lee to be able to neutralize McConnell someway the way REID does it now. Ryan will be toast under TRUMP or CRUZ. He will retire or they will set him up to be voted out in his district by making him look more incompetent than he is. No SPEAKER wil undercut TRUMO or CRUZ. They will get to others who are concerned only about their careers and want to kiss up to TRUMP or CRUZ. Their are ways to get rid of both RYAN and McConnell if the POTUS wants to and they will do it. If RYAN gets a competitor in 2016 he might be gone anyway. :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 05:44:18 pm »
You've touched on the key problem here, one that has swept the world in recent decades: conservatism can't win.

A few timely divine interventions have helped us in years past, but I fear no such intervention is on its way now, given how many people are now deserting God.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:18 pm »

I think that's exactly right.  Just judging by the postings that I have read.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »
I think that's exactly right.  Just judging by the postings that I have read.

Given the definition of what conservatism is around this place, Ronald Reagan would be considered a Democrat.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 06:50:53 pm »

Then you can't support Rubio, who supports sugar subsidies.

If Trump is a Democrat, then why isn't he lauding this budget? It's a Democrat's dream.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
Then you can't support Rubio, who supports sugar subsidies.

If Trump is a Democrat, then why isn't he lauding this budget? It's a Democrat's dream.

I support Rubio for the same reason Cruz's supporters support him in spite of his "no exceptions" abortion position.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »
Then you're a hypocrite. Fine. Got it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 08:14:53 pm »
You've touched on the key problem here, one that has swept the world in recent decades: conservatism can't win.

A few timely divine interventions have helped us in years past, but I fear no such intervention is on its way now, given how many people are now deserting God.
Depending on divine intervention is not a good strategy. Better to follow the advice of a female political strategist that I heard on Fox radio a couple of nights back.

She said winning needs an "additive" approach. She meant by that to criticize Trump, for offending veterans, Mexicans, women, handicapped people etc..

She said demographics learned from 2008 and 2012 dictate Additive, not Subtractive. But the base demands a narrow, loud and losing candidate and strategy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 08:22:02 pm »
And we had additive candidates in those races, and we lost.

She's full of crap.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »
Depending on divine intervention is not a good strategy. Better to follow the advice of a female political strategist that I heard on Fox radio a couple of nights back.

She said winning needs an "additive" approach. She meant by that to criticize Trump, for offending veterans, Mexicans, women, handicapped people etc..

She said demographics learned from 2008 and 2012 dictate Additive, not Subtractive. But the base demands a narrow, loud and losing candidate and strategy.
Are you trying to win elections or save the country from terminal decline? If you continue to pander to the shallow wishes of an ignorant electorate, you get nowhere. You have the likes of Mitch McConnell, who do all the Democrats' bidding and act like they're being effective. They're not.

There is no path in the current electorate to save the country from its descent. We've already fallen too far: broken families, welfare dependency, foreign invasion, court rulings dictating what rights we can and cannot have. How is a single 30-year-old woman who comes from divorced parents going to understand the value of true marriage? How are kids who grew up on food stamps going to understand how to earn a living? This is modern America: crumbling at its seams.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024