General Category > Politics/Government

Assault Weapons Ban Introduced By Democrat Who Doesn’t Know What A Semi-Automatic Rifle Is

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Assault Weapons Ban Introduced By Democrat Who Doesn’t Know What A Semi-Automatic Rifle Is

Brian Anderson
December 17, 2015

Democrats don’t know very much about firearms and they certainly don’t give a shit about the Constitution. 90 House democrats who have no idea how a semi-automatic rifle works co-sponsored an assault weapons ban on Wednesday. The bill which is certain to die in the Republican controlled Congress looks to revive the Clinton-era AWB.

Introduced by Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), The Assault Weapons Ban of 2015 would halt the manufacture and sale of whatever he thinks is an assault weapon. All existing “assault weapons” could be sold, but under an expanded background check system. The millions of guns currently in private hand would be grandfathered in, but could never be transferred again.

The Hill reported on this proposal, but they were light on the details as to what the bill would consider an assault weapon. Presumably it would be any semi-automatic rifle that liberals thinks look scary but functions exactly the same as non-assault rifles. It’s amazing how ignorant these democrats are on something they spend so much time trying to ban. In fact, check out this ignorance from the guy that introduced the bill:

“Assault weapons are designed for the sole purpose of killing as many people as quickly as possible. We need to do everything we can to reduce the toll of gun violence by keeping these weapons out of our communities,” Cicilline said.

Actually, semi-automatic rifles are designed to fire one round per one trigger pull. There are many ways this design could be improved to kill “as many people as quickly as possible.” You could make them fully automatic, you could put grenade launchers on them, or you have them fire sharks with frickin’ laser beams on their heads. The reality is, the civilian legal “assault rifles” are not the same thing as the rifles our soldiers carry into battle and they were not designed to be weapons of war.

Beyond that, long guns of any kind are only used in around 2% of crimes involving a gun. What percentage of that is “assault rifles” is anyone’s guess, but you can bet that is definitely less than 2. The point is, these weapons the democrats hate so much are not a problem whatsoever. More people are punched and kicked to death every year than are killed by one of these scary assault rifles.

Because democrats only have a few ways to make one of their bullshit points, here’s the Nazi reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to own semi-automatic rifles:

“Now, let’s remember that assault weapons were first designed for the battlefield by Germans during the Second World War,” said Cicilline.

Believe it or not, one of the co-sponsors managed to say something even stupider:

“The assault weapons we’re talking about today are not just any guns. They’re not for hunting, they’re not for target practice. These are weapons of war, designed to inflict the maximum amount of death and injury,” said Rep. Janice Hahn (D-Calif.).

Yes, a democrat just said that semi-automatic rifles can’t be used for target practice. I must be doing something wrong because I’ve been target shooting with an AR, an AK, and an SKS, all of which are considered assault rifles by liberal dipshits. I don’t know if Ms. Hahn is aware of this but even real weapons of war can be used for target practice. That’s how our soldiers train to use them; by practicing at the range.

There’s even more bad stuff in this really bad bill:

The law would also close what gun control groups refer to as the “Charleston loophole” that allows a gun dealer to sell a gun after three days if the FBI does not complete a background check in that time frame.

What this means is that we could be denied indefinitely our right to purchase a firearm because an unfriendly administration could direct the FBI to simply take their sweet ass time with the background checks. A right delayed is a right denied.

Like I said, this bill we be taken out back and put out of its misery, but I think it’s great that there are 91 democrats in the House that are so comfortable with their chances for reelection that they would put their name on this unconstitutional piece of shit. Remember what happened the last time democrats backed an assault weapons ban? They all got voted out of office and Bill Clinton looked really sad on TV because of it.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/assault-weapons-ban-introduced-by-democrat-who-doesnt-know-what-a-semi-automatic-rifle-is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version