Author Topic: Pat Caddell: Country Closer to Revolution Than Ever  (Read 3504 times)

rangerrebew

Pat Caddell: Country Closer to Revolution Than Ever
« on: December 19, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »
Pat Caddell: Country Closer to Revolution Than Ever

by Dan Riehl17 Dec 2015Washington, DC7,793

Veteran pollster Pat Caddell says he agrees with the premise that America today is closer to another revolution than at any time in recent history, adding, “The strength of this country comes from its people and it has a political system that is run, now, to the exclusion of its people … you have three quarters of the American people saying the government in Washington does not rule with the consent of the governed.”

Caddell told Breitbart News Daily host Stephen K. Bannon that the current $1.1 trillion 2,000-plus page omnibus bill is “the greatest disaster anyone ever saw because of the deals being cut.”

Caddell cited elements of the bill that are still being discovered, such as the upping of the number of foreign visas. Caddell was referring to a provision that was outrageously “slipped into the bill” without the knowledge of many lawmakers.

The provision could more than triple the number of H-2B visas for foreign workers seeking jobs at hotels, theme parks, ski resorts, golf courses, landscaping businesses, restaurants and bars. The move is intended to boost the supply of non-agricultural seasonal workers.

The $1.1 trillion omnibus funding bill includes language that would dramatically increase the number of visas available for foreign workers, setting off alarm bells among conservatives and labor unions.

Congressional leaders quietly slipped the provision into the 2,009-page funding bill, with rank-and-file lawmakers only discovering it Wednesday morning. The move immediately sparked protests from across the political spectrum.

“By the time you get through this bill, every special interest will have been paid off,” said Caddell. “Everyone will have done what they wanted to do. The Republicans … will have sold everything out to please the oil companies”. Caddell also chastised Republican presidential candidates for not saying anything about it in the recent debate. expressing his frustration that the issue doesn’t seem to be being addressed by any candidates, Caddell said.

“If Donald Trump wants to seal his victory, all he has to do is stand up and attack McConnell and Ryan and what they’ve just done.”

Caddell also blasted the GOP saying, “They think their base is stupid.” The entire Breitbart News Daily interview can be heard below.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/17/pat-caddell-country-closer-to-revolution-than-ever/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:01:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline xfreeper

Re: Pat Caddell: Country Closer to Revolution Than Ever
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »
They vote on bills they haven't read then the protest the conrents afterward.  No wonder we are so screwed. Washington is the world  beyond the rabbit hole.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:12:21 pm »
I do think we're close to some parts of the country going separate ways from other parts of the country.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:13:57 pm »
They vote on bills they haven't read then the protest the conrents afterward.  No wonder we are so screwed. Washington is the world  beyond the rabbit hole.

It's the victory of crony capitalism...the new soft PR term for fascist economics...over the desires of the people. The Republicans join the Democrats in enriching themselves personally to serve the donor class not the electorate. Our own little dacha society at work.  And only the little people die in terrorist attacks...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 05:41:49 pm »
It's the victory of crony capitalism...the new soft PR term for fascist economics...over the desires of the people. The Republicans join the Democrats in enriching themselves personally to serve the donor class not the electorate. Our own little dacha society at work.  And only the little people die in terrorist attacks...

You sum it up better than I could. I couldn't agree more. I don't know how close the country is to revolution, but I do know the America I grew up in is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 01:53:53 am »
Pat Caddell is a dinosaur; a virtually extinct creature - an honest democrat.  I have a lot of respect for him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 03:09:00 am »
I do think we're close to some parts of the country going separate ways from other parts of the country.
You do? Which ones, and how?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 05:39:20 am »
You do? Which ones, and how?

Understand that we are past the debt red line. If we have a recession even as rough as the one we really haven't come out of yet, tax revenue will vaporize even worse than last time. China is not going to let us run $2-3 trillion deficits for very long. Then rates will spike. At that point FedGov will have to make hard decisions.

It will not take much of a spike before in a short time the FedGov will spend all of it's revenue just servicing the debt. That means no more handout and subsidy gravy train. Then it will get ugly and spiral out of control, and the Feds will essentially be impotent to do much of anything.

At that point, the Governors will have to step up and take control. I can very much see the liberal northeast staying with DC, the southern, western, and midwest/plains states banding together around the state of Texas. Some others may go on their own.

Mexico will try to take back the southwest, Russia Alaska, and China will repossess the West coast as payment for the debt. Several of the northern border states might go with Canada.

If you see rates spiking suddenly, buckle up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 07:55:50 pm »
That is some very kooky stuff. I think you actually believe it, right?

Mexico going to take over the Southwest? Russia going to take over Alaska?

Most of the (red) states which are going to split off, to form the conservative paradise are at present, sucking on the fedgov teat. But you know that, right?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 08:19:13 pm »
That is some very kooky stuff. I think you actually believe it, right?

Mexico going to take over the Southwest? Russia going to take over Alaska?

Most of the (red) states which are going to split off, to form the conservative paradise are at present, sucking on the fedgov teat. But you know that, right?

IF WE HAVE NO MONEY, how do you think we are going to stop them? You can make all the snarky clever word arrangements you want with all the smirky little jabs you want, but if DC has no ability to fund anything, the political vacuum will be filled. Occam's Razor and all that skeptic stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »
IF WE HAVE NO MONEY, how do you think we are going to stop them? You can make all the snarky clever word arrangements you want with all the smirky little jabs you want, but if DC has no ability to fund anything, the political vacuum will be filled. Occam's Razor and all that skeptic stuff.
You sound like you are fear based. I am not fear based.

I believe the good olde USA is and will be strong and good enough, to prevail.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 08:56:06 pm »

Sorry soldier, you are way above your pay grade. I'm dealing in the facts of accounting, markets, and economics, not cutsie little jabs and turns of phrase. You don't violate the laws of economics and come out rosy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 09:04:07 pm »
Sorry soldier, you are way above your pay grade. I'm dealing in the facts of accounting, markets, and economics, not cutsie little jabs and turns of phrase. You don't violate the laws of economics and come out rosy.

China is also not going to cut off its largest market by calling in treasuries.

I've been hearing this gloom and doom literally all my life.

And here it is again. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »

Just like Rome...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 01:53:51 am »
China is also not going to cut off its largest market by calling in treasuries.

I've been hearing this gloom and doom literally all my life.

And here it is again.

China is playing the long game. They will not call in Treasuries, they will wait till we are too weak to defend ourselves and take the West Coast.

Our little arrangement with China works because we buy their goods and they recycle their dollars back into our debt. If we have a deep enough recession, we won't be buying their goods, nor they our debt.

If the gap between receipts and outlays were to widen even at the same proportions as last time, we will be running $2T per year deficits. If nobody chooses to fund that gap, the cuts will have to come from social programs and the military.

Doesn't take much speculating to figure out what will happen if we have to cut those areas that far.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:54:32 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:44 am »

As the Beatles one said "We Can Work It Out"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 02:09:18 pm »
As the Beatles one said "We Can Work It Out"

I don't think you comprehend the economic pain we have set ourselves up for. There will be many who don't survive it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 02:21:19 pm »

We have members here who believe that the bloat and corruption in government is perfectly acceptable. Indeed, they think that the millions of dollars in political bribes to congress is free speech! And we are just supposed to accept the status quo!

Nothing to see here, move along.

Has American government finally come to that?  **nononono*

Offline Relic

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »
We have members here who believe that the bloat and corruption in government is perfectly acceptable. Indeed, they think that the millions of dollars in political bribes to congress is free speech! And we are just supposed to accept the status quo!

Nothing to see here, move along.

Has American government finally come to that?  **nononono*

Have American citizens finally come to that?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »
Have American citizens finally come to that?

And THAT is the real question!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »
The closest thing to revolution we will see in this country is a peaceful revolt ala d trump. The strongest thing he has going for him is that he is a slap in the face to the ruling elite and the media and people are falling in behind that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 07:30:09 pm »
The closest thing to revolution we will see in this country is a peaceful revolt ala d trump. The strongest thing he has going for him is that he is a slap in the face to the ruling elite and the media and people are falling in behind that.

I would like to think that electing someone like Trump would bring about a peaceful revolution.  It won't, but I would like to think that.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »
The support and election of trump would be itself the peaceful revolution. If you're referring to something following that I don't know what it is.

Offline Relic

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 09:47:47 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 01:22:19 am »
The support and election of trump would be itself the peaceful revolution. If you're referring to something following that I don't know what it is.

Yeah, I wasn't very clear.  I mean that even Trump the Disruptor can't, by himself, turn this ship around.  He's going to have millions of career politicians, petty bureaucrats, and living-on-the-dole types openly resisting and/or sabotaging him at every turn.  Those R's that we elected in great numbers last election cycle were supposed to be there to help turn it around, but they have shown themselves to be motivated to doing just the opposite of what is good for the country and we the people.