Author Topic: Harry Reid: ‘I love to see’ the Redskins lose  (Read 654 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Harry Reid: ‘I love to see’ the Redskins lose
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:32:21 am »
Harry Reid: ‘I love to see’ the Redskins lose

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says he takes delight in sitting in front of the TV on Sundays and rooting against the Washington Redskins, a football team he says has a racist name.

“I love sports, it’s an escape for me,” Reid said Thursday in an interview with the Washington Post. “But not football.

“The only time I turn football on during the week, because [49ers quarterback and former University of Nevada star Colin] Kaepernick is out, is when the Redskins play, because I love to see them lose,” he added.

“And they’ve lost more than they’ve won this year. If they’re ahead, I turn it off. I check back later to see if they’re losing.”

Reid said of the team name: “They have to give it up, it’s a loser for them.”

The Nevada lawmaker previously took to the Senate floor to take up the cause, calling the mascot a “racist franchise name that denigrates Native Americans across the country.”

Owner Daniel Snyder has vowed never to change the name of the iconic sports team.

A federal judge ordered the cancellation of the Redskins trademark earlier this year.

The Redskins, despite 6 wins and 7 losses, are currently in first place in their division.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/263678-harry-reid-i-love-to-see-the-redskins-lose

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Harry Reid: ‘I love to see’ the Redskins lose
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 04:33:52 am »
And 'I love to see' cyclops Harry Reid when he gets the crap beat out of him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:42:15 am »
And 'I love to see' cyclops Harry Reid when he gets the crap beat out of him.

LOL!  Apparently it failed to knock any sense in him.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 04:46:01 am »
The horrible, pathetic NFC East.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 05:12:21 am »
The horrible, pathetic NFC East.

Agreed.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon