Author Topic: Obama says no specific, credible terror threat over holidays  (Read 603 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama says no specific, credible terror threat over holidays
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d095868bed7a4fc8877fdb10829c35c8/obama-says-no-specific-credible-terror-threat-over-holidays

Obama says no specific, credible terror threat over holidays
Dec. 17, 2015 2:27 PM EST

McLEAN, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama said Thursday that U.S. intelligence and counterterrorism officials have received no specific, credible information suggesting a potential terrorist attack against the United States. He said Americans must be vigilant this holiday season.

"We cannot give in to fear or change how we live our lives," Obama said in brief remarks to employees at the National Counterterrorism Center. "We will not be terrorized. We've prevailed over much greater threats than this; we will prevail again."

Obama spoke after a briefing by his national security team on the current threat level, the effort to combat extremist groups and propaganda abroad, and steps to tighten scrutiny of people entering the U.S. on visas.

It was the second security briefing the White House has highlighted this week as the president tries to reassure the public in the wake of the shooting in San Bernardino, California. The president visited the Pentagon on Monday for an update on the U.S.-led fight against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.

On Thursday, Obama noted he was briefed on the K-1 visa program, which one of the attackers in San Bernardino used to come to the U.S. in July 2014.

Tashfeen Malik passed background checks and in-person interviews. Still, FBI Director James Comey has said officials believe she was radicalized before she arrived.

Malik and her husband, Syed Farook, pledged allegiance to an IS leader in a Facebook posting as the shooting occurred.

Obama said the threat of terrorism has evolved to include smaller groups or individuals, making detection harder. He said the U.S. was constantly "upping our game" to match the new threats.

He said the U.S. was focused on three areas: going after terrorists overseas; working to prevent terrorists from entering the country; and strengthening ties between law enforcement and local communities and the technology sector to prevent attacks at home.

"We have to be vigilant," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Obama says no specific, credible terror threat over holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:01 pm »
Every time he says something like this, something gets attacked.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »

It's probably a signal to cells to get active.  :nometalk:
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 08:08:08 pm »

I've noticed that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
Since every thing Obama says is a lie, or just stupid, this does have me worried.

Obama is liar. If he is saying this, it is more likely that he knows something and he is protecting his Muslim brothers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »
Since every thing Obama says is a lie, or just stupid, this does have me worried.

Obama is liar. If he is saying this, it is more likely that he knows something and he is protecting his Muslim brothers.

I agree with your vibe.  Even if you didn't know of a credible threat - you wouldn't say that. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 08:12:07 pm »

I honestly, sincerely believe Obama secretly cheers the attacks, just like any moderate muslim does.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 08:25:36 pm »
I honestly, sincerely believe Obama secretly cheers the attacks, just like any moderate muslim does.
Yes he does. They want to knock us down to size.....200 years of evil USA and only other countries get terror attacks. This has to stop.....USA needs to be taught a lesson. edit to add....once you realize they want us to get attacked it all makes sense.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:38:54 pm by flowers »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 08:31:07 pm »
Obama has never lied about who and what he is.  He has always said that he is a Muslim first, and an American second.

I, me, myself, I am not surprised in the least by all that Hussein Ogamadingo has done. I predicted all of it.

I tried to tell them. But it does not matter.  You cannot save fools from themselves, because they wont let you.

If you ever tried to save a guy from drowning, then you know what I mean.

Stupid Libs are killing themselves, and they are taking all of us with them.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Millee

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 08:37:22 pm »
If he said, "there's no credible threat in Colorado" I would know my state is about to go BOOM.   :nometalk:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:47 pm »
I agree with your vibe.  Even if you didn't know of a credible threat - you wouldn't say that.

I agree with it too.  He's pathological and delusional as well as a Muslim sympathizer.

This pronouncement makes me even more nervous about another attack than I was before.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 08:50:33 pm »
Who decided what is "credible"?

With Hussein Mustafa in charge, who knows what is really going on.

I promise you, I would not hire this guy to work in a 7/11. And now he is the president. What a crazy world we live in.

What a world, what a world...

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 09:00:25 pm »
Who decided what is "credible"?

It sure wasn't the bonnie and clyde jihads. They were not a issue for the WH.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 09:05:35 pm »
Well considering this WH considers white Christan tea party members "terrorists" and "Islam a religion of peace" he would be correct.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 09:07:24 pm »
Yeah...the stoopid bass turd wants us to think 'they' would notify us as to what, where and when.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 11:32:29 pm »
Obama's comments serve only to confirm that I should carry a concealed weapon wherever I go.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 12:35:23 am »
Obama's comments serve only to confirm that I should carry a concealed weapon wherever I go.

Agreed

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 01:43:47 am »
It's probably a signal to cells to get active.  :nometalk:

This would not surprise me.