Author Topic: Congress wants to give NASA $19.3 billion next year, even more than Obama asked for  (Read 538 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Awesome, but this is the same bill that includes the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) as an anonymous rider.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/16/10289030/nasa-budget-increase-2016-congress-funding

NASA, the perennially underfunded space agency, woke up to a nice surprise this morning: Congress wants to give the agency more money than it asked for. Republican leaders in Congress released a massive budget proposal for the 2016 fiscal year — and tucked within it is a substantial budget increase for NASA. The omnibus spending bill would give the US space agency close to $19.3 billion for next year. That exceeds the Obama administration's budget request of $18.5 billion for NASA and provides the agency with $1.27 billion more than it received for 2015. The extra money means NASA has a better chance of pulling off its primary missions on schedule.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline GAJohnnie

So which Chamber of Commerce GOPE Campaign donor is going to get that money building things for NASA that NASA did not ask for?

rangerrebew

Don't forget one of the missions of NASA, if not the main one, is to coddle, defend, and schmooze muzzies.  I guess I could add hide, protect, feed, give healthcare, and homes to them.  They need the money. :3: