Author Topic: Graham to Muslims: ‘Your Religion Is Not the Enemy’  (Read 1302 times)

rangerrebew

Graham to Muslims: ‘Your Religion Is Not the Enemy’
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:22:22 am »

Graham to Muslims: ‘Your Religion Is Not the Enemy’

(CNSNews.com) – At the GOP undercard presidential debate in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) addressed American Muslims, saying they are not the enemy and neither is their religion.

“There are at least 3,500 American Muslims serving in the armed forces. Thank you for your service. You are not the enemy. Your religion is not the enemy,” said Graham.

“Let me make this real to you. I was at the second presidential election in Afghanistan. The guy guarding me was an American Muslim sergeant in the Army who grew up in Kabul, left when he was -- graduated high school, joined the U.S. Army, went back to his high school where they were doing polling, people voting, he took me there and cried like a baby. I cried like a baby,” Graham said.

“He is the solution to this problem, folks. He is not the problem. Leave the faith alone. Go after the radicals that kill us all,” Graham added.

Earlier during the debate, Graham addressed GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump’s proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States and those who support his comments, saying, “You may think this makes us safe, but it doesn't.”

“The good news for everybody in this room is, after 36 trips to Iraq and Afghanistan, most people over there, Wolf, are not buying what ISIL's selling. This is a religious war between radical Islam and the rest of the world, and there's only one way you're going to win this war: help people in Islam who reject radical Islam to fight over there and destroy this ideology.

“Donald Trump has done the one single thing you cannot do: declare war on Islam itself. ISIL would be dancing in the streets, they just don’t believe in dancing,” he said. “This is a coup for them, and to all of our Muslim friends throughout the world, like the king of Jordan and the president of Egypt, I am sorry. He does not represent us.

“If I am president, we will work together. People in the faith to all over the world destroy this radical ideology. Declaring war on the religion only helps ISIL,” added Graham.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/graham-muslims-your-religion-not-enemy

Offline Longiron

Re: Graham to Muslims: ‘Your Religion Is Not the Enemy’
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:33:58 pm »
Let see? They keep telling us that the religion of peace is not the enemy. That all Muslims are not Jihad BUT every jihadi is a Muslim?. Missing something? **nononono*
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:34:22 pm by Longiron »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:53:59 pm »
Lindsey, the moron, apparently doesn't realize he'd be thrown off a roof with his hands tied behind his back.

Religion of peace, my butt. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »
Lindsey, the moron, apparently doesn't realize he'd be thrown off a roof with his hands tied behind his back.

Why didn't his Afghani translator do it, then?  Or any random Muslim off the street?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »
Hey Lindsey!

Islam is NOT a religion! Islam is a political movement disguised as a religion and always has been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 05:08:41 pm »
Hey Lindsey!

Islam is NOT a religion! Islam is a political movement disguised as a religion and always has been!

Exactly right. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:18:52 pm »
Your religion is not the enemy,” said Graham.

This is a religious war between radical Islam and the rest of the world

uh, what?

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:53 pm »
Graham is the enemy.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 05:40:08 pm »
Why didn't his Afghani translator do it, then?  Or any random Muslim off the street?

Because, they don't go 'Full Sharia' until they reach a certain percentage of the local population, that's why.

And as somebody said recently, "Would you eat from a bowl of M&Ms if you knew that even 10% of them were poisonous?"

When I see or read about a MAJORITY of Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan, suddenly rise up against their militant brethren in their midst...perhaps I'll change my thinking.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 05:46:09 pm »
Because, they don't go 'Full Sharia' until they reach a certain percentage of the local population, that's why.

And as somebody said recently, "Would you eat from a bowl of M&Ms if you knew that even 10% of them were poisonous?"

When I see or read about a MAJORITY of Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan, suddenly rise up against their militant brethren in their midst...perhaps I'll change my thinking.

Afghanistan has ALWAYS been majority Muslim, close to 98%.  So the translator could easily have done in Graham and melted into the population.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »
So says the aristocrat patrician Lindsey Graham, a man with around the clock armed security, who lives in a cloistered "dacha" complete with full advanced security paid for by the US government. Let them eat cake, Lindsey?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »
So says the aristocrat patrician Lindsey Graham, a man with around the clock armed security, who lives in a cloistered "dacha" complete with full advanced security paid for by the US government. Let them eat cake, Lindsey?

Senators  do not have armed security except when they're in the Capitol.  I don't know where people get this idea that Senators have bodyguards.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »
Senators  do not have armed security except when they're in the Capitol.  I don't know where people get this idea that Senators have bodyguards.

When they travel overseas they are protected like the potentates they think they are!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 06:05:34 pm »

You have obviously never seen Harry Reid's house here in Nevada.  There is always one police cruiser parked in the driveway, even when Harry is in DC. When he Is at home there are two units plus secret service surrounding the compound.

...Bob Dylan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 06:08:12 pm »

When you have homosexual activists, feminist lesbianns, and radical PETA hippies all supporting a movement that would KILL them first, then we really have reached the seventh level of totally bonkers insanity.

Those of us who have been there, we know how dangerous these guys are.

They will freaking kill you, and laugh while they do it. If they had any chance to kill this stupid dickhole, they would do it, without a single blink.

When ever I hear his name all I can think is, what a dumbass Democrat. Just another stupid Liberal fool.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 06:22:05 pm »
You have obviously never seen Harry Reid's house here in Nevada.  There is always one police cruiser parked in the driveway, even when Harry is in DC. When he Is at home there are two units plus secret service surrounding the compound.

Maybe that's due to his position in the Senate.  But ordinary Senators do not have bodyguards paid for by the government.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
I'm more in agreement with what another Graham - Franklin Graham - has said on the subject of Islam.
Ever since the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, we have heard from scores of political leaders and world experts that "the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people." Some have suggested that as many as 99% fall into this category. Well, we don't have to guess or estimate; the Pew Research Center has released extensive research on how Muslims in the U.S. self-identify on questions of violence—and the conclusions are frightening.

There are 1.8 million Muslim adults in the United States. Pew research released that 8% of adult Muslims in the U.S. said that suicide bombings and other forms of violence in the name of Islam are “sometimes” or “often” justified. Think about it—that’s 144,000 Muslims who openly say without hesitation that violence in the name of Islam is justified! That’s not “peaceful” and that’s not a small number—it’s about the size of the entire population of Syracuse, New York!

I’m not 99%—but I’m 100% sure of this—our nation and our politicians need to realize the dangers of allowing people into this country that are not properly vetted.
   From his Facebook page, Dec. 10

and this, regarding the Wheaton College professor who says she'll wear a hijab:
Can you believe this Wheaton College professor who says she’s going to wear a hijab for the holidays this year to show solidarity with Islam? Shame on her! She said that Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Well she is absolutely wrong—she obviously doesn’t know her Bible and she doesn’t know Islam. The God of the Bible, has a Son named Jesus Christ. The god of Islam doesn’t have a son, and even the thought of that would be sacrilegious to Muslims. The God of the Bible sent His Son to earth to die in our place and save us from our sins. The god of Islam requires you to die for him to be sure that you’re going to heaven. That’s a huge difference—and there are many more examples! I’m thankful the school is dealing with this and has put this professor on administrative leave. Wheaton College is one of the premier evangelical universities in this country—and on top of that, my father Billy Graham and my mother graduated from Wheaton in 1943.
  From his Facebook page, Dec. 16
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »
Maybe that's due to his position in the Senate.  But ordinary Senators do not have bodyguards paid for by the government.

Leadership - majority and minority - get protection 24/7/365

...Bob Dylan