Author Topic: Pew: 8% of U.S. Muslims Say Suicide Bombing, Violence Against Civilian Targets ‘Often’ or ‘Sometimes Justified’  (Read 720 times)

rangerrebew

Pew: 8% of U.S. Muslims Say Suicide Bombing, Violence Against Civilian Targets ‘Often’ or ‘Sometimes Justified’

(CNSNews.com) – Survey data released by the Pew Research Center in 2013 show that 8% of U.S. Muslims believe that the use of “suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets” is either “often” or “sometimes” justified in defense of Islam.

In surveys conducted in 2011 and 2007,  Pew found that 1% of U.S. Muslims said such violence against civilian targets was “often justified,” and another 7% said it was “sometimes justified,” for a total of 8% who said it was either "often justified" or "sometimes justified."

Pew re-reported these numbers in its 2013 report, The World’s Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society. [1]

According to a December 2015 “key findings [2]” update, Pew says there are an estimated 2.75 million Muslims in the United States of all ages, and that 1.8 million of them are adults.

In the “suicide bombing” question of 2011 and 2007, Pew asked,

“Some people think that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are justified in order to defend Islam from its enemies. Other people believe that, no matter what the reason, this kind of violence is never justified. Do you personally feel that this kind of violence is often justified to defend Islam, sometimes justified, rarely justified, or never justified?”

Although 81% of U.S. Muslims said such violence was “never justified,” 1% said it was “often justified” and 7% said it was “sometimes justified.”

Another 5% said it was “rarely justified.”  (Those were the numbers both times, in 2007 and in 2011.)

When Pew asked the same question of Muslims in other countries in 2011, it found, for instance, that 28% of Egyptian Muslims [3] believe that suicide bombing or other forms of violence against civilian targets was “often” or “sometimes” justified to defend Islam. 

In Indonesia, the number was 10% of the Muslims population; Jordan, 13%; Lebanon, 35%; Pakistan, 5%; and Turkey, 7%.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/pew-144000-us-muslims-say-suicide-bombings-civilian-targets-often-or

rangerrebew

Only 8% is nothing for Obama to worry about. That number is probably low since it is unlikely that jihadis will admit they support violence.  With continued unvetted invasion by muslims, that number will easily go over 10-15%.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:22:35 am by rangerrebew »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
8% were bold enough to say this openly.

I would reckon that there is also a percentage of similar sentiment, who will NOT admit as much -- and lied about it. Taqiyya.

And I will go further to assert that there is a third group, perhaps even larger, who don't care one way or the other, but who would "tip to the muhammed side" when the chips were down.

rangerrebew

And I will go further to assert that there is a third group, perhaps even larger, who don't care one way or the other, but who would "tip to the muhammed side" when the chips were down.

I believe the term you are looking for is a "traitorous group?" :whistle:

Offline GourmetDan

A radical muslim wants to kill you...

A moderate muslims wants the radical muslim to kill you...

That is all you need to know...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dan wrote above:
"A radical muslim wants to kill you...
A moderate muslims wants the radical muslim to kill you..."

How much distinction exists between a "radical" muslim, and a "devout" one?
I don't believe it's a matter of beliefs, but only the will to act or not to act on them.

Another way to look at it:
The "radical" muslims are the fighting troops of islam.
The "devout" muslims are their back-support units.
The rest of them are "supporters of the troops".
There are very, very, very, very few "consciencious objectors" at all.

Offline GourmetDan

There are very, very, very, very few "consciencious objectors" at all.

I think they kill them too...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

Less than 2% of Americans are gay.  Just thought I'd throw that in there as a reminder of how much attention gays get over these 8% of Muslims who want to slit the throats of our infidel children.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

Less than 2% of Americans are gay.  Just thought I'd throw that in there as a reminder of how much attention gays get over these 8% of Muslims who want to slit the throats of our infidel children.

Wow. Good perspective.

I suspect public concern over terrorism will grow proportionately with the success of ISIS or a domestic sympathizer(s) to add to American body count. If we get more of these Paris-style attacks happening, patience with this administration will wear very thin.

Offline Carling

Wow. Good perspective.

I suspect public concern over terrorism will grow proportionately with the success of ISIS or a domestic sympathizer(s) to add to American body count. If we get more of these Paris-style attacks happening, patience with this administration will wear very thin.

I'm one of those who supports gay marriage, too, but not forcing people to be a part of gay marriages if it is against their beliefs.

The 400-500% increase in population of radical Islamic practitioners over the entire US gay population is stunning though, isn't it?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------