Author Topic: Ryan unveils sweeping $1.6T deal on government funding, taxes  (Read 8214 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Ryan unveils sweeping $1.6T deal on government funding, taxes
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »
Extremely stupid. They have been getting away with this crap for decades. Sadly obama and his ilk may have the votes to get hil in by Nov 2016.

If it's not Trump or Cruz I really don't care if HRC is President and the Dems win the House and Senate.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »
The GOP leadership in Congress made their main priority the removal of the provision preventing the US from exporting oil (plus of course a nod to the fear of shutting down the government - a fear of the Democrat loving media). The removal of the export ban is a good thing - we all see that was a ridiculous restriction that hamstrings the energy sector of the economy.  It also has two other features - it is something that will please and loosen the wallets of their donors (it lines their pockets personally) and it is not amongst the highest priorities of the common voter. The third thing about it is also important: the Democrats will howl and yell to assuage their environmental support, but they really don't give a crap because it won't cost them anything - please don't throw me in the briar bush!

So the congressional republicans got something for their money-men (not a bad thing but not something that their base would consider worth everything else - including making the security and immigration problems worse). The Democrats got their priorities pushed further down the road - and we all know what their priorities do to the country. And much of the reason for this imbalance is the fear of the Democrat media machine.

I suggest that if the Republicans really want something different - maybe they don't, maybe they are very comfortable with this - they find a leader that can turn the Democrat media machine on its head.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:52:07 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:42 pm »
So much for controlling both Houses...might as well have Pelosi and Reid back in charge.
They are :smokin:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2015, 07:52:16 pm »
When the WH is happy you know it's bad for us

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/white-house-reaction-omnibus-spending-bill-we-succeeded
WH Praises Spending Deal With GOP Congress: 'We Succeeded'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2015, 08:10:57 pm »
The GOP leadership in Congress made their main priority the removal of the provision preventing the US from exporting oil (plus of course a nod to the fear of shutting down the government - a fear of the Democrat loving media). The removal of the export ban is a good thing - we all see that was a ridiculous restriction that hamstrings the energy sector of the economy.  It also has two other features - it is something that will please and loosen the wallets of their donors (it lines their pockets personally) and it is not amongst the highest priorities of the common voter. The third thing about it is also important: the Democrats will howl and yell to assuage their environmental support, but they really don't give a crap because it won't cost them anything - please don't throw me in the briar bush!

So the congressional republicans got something for their money-men (not a bad thing but not something that their base would consider worth everything else - including making the security and immigration problems worse). The Democrats got their priorities pushed further down the road - and we all know what their priorities do to the country. And much of the reason for this imbalance is the fear of the Democrat media machine.

I suggest that if the Republicans really want something different - maybe they don't, maybe they are very comfortable with this - they find a leader that can turn the Democrat media machine on its head.

I posted a long time ago that the GOP was working to become European conservatives. That is to say, liberals, but they will bill themselves as more efficient liberals. The GOP wants big government too, they just promise to manage it better.

Conservatives? Democrats hate us. The media paints us as mouth breathing, inbred, gun toting, bible clutching morons. Republicans want to cut ties with us. Republicans want a base that consists of left leaning moderates. The GOP is sure conservatives are dying off, and they want to sever any connection with us.

That's where we stand.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2015, 08:40:03 pm »
Maybe you can see now the intrigue of Trump.  It's not about liking him, but rather liking his message.  I'm 100% for Cruz, but I appreciate what Trump has brought to the debate, and after this GOPe bill, it's kind of hard for anyone to call Trump a closet Democrat when the GOPe just handed Obama everything he wanted, including adding to the debt by delaying ObanaCare tax hikes which are written into the law for 2016 until 2017.

Sorry, Carling.  This makes me want a Cruz to be President, but never a Progressive like Trump............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
Sorry, Carling.  This makes me want a Cruz to be President, but never a Progressive like Trump............

I don't want Trump either, but at least he talks more conservatively than Bush, Kasich, and Rubio. 

Rubio's plan to deal with the immediate threat of ISIS is to build a Sunni army.  When Obama tried that, four guys showed up to be trained.  I was laughing during the debate when he brought up his "brilliant" plan.  He sounded exactly like a Democrat, and said nothing about how he'd deal with the immediate threat of ISIS.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »
I don't want Trump either, but at least he talks more conservatively than Bush, Kasich, and Rubio. 

Rubio's plan to deal with the immediate threat of ISIS is to build a Sunni army.  When Obama tried that, four guys showed up to be trained.  I was laughing during the debate when he brought up his "brilliant" plan.  He sounded exactly like a Democrat, and said nothing about how he'd deal with the immediate threat of ISIS.

At least Rubio is conservative when it comes to Obamacare and Planned Parenthood.  Trump isn't.

He does talk, though, but there's nothing in his history to back up his 'conservative talk.'

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2015, 08:47:41 pm »

Exactly how would Trump deal with the immediate threat of ISIS?  "Bomb the sh*t out of them" is not a strategy and it's not even realistic, given that ISIS embeds its soldiers in the populations.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 08:49:52 pm »
I posted a long time ago that the GOP was working to become European conservatives. That is to say, liberals, but they will bill themselves as more efficient liberals. The GOP wants big government too, they just promise to manage it better.

Conservatives? Democrats hate us. The media paints us as mouth breathing, inbred, gun toting, bible clutching morons. Republicans want to cut ties with us. Republicans want a base that consists of left leaning moderates. The GOP is sure conservatives are dying off, and they want to sever any connection with us.

That's where we stand.
I have asked this question before....who in the heck will their new voter base be? As you said  the media paints us as mouth breathing, inbred, gun toting, bible clutching morons......anything with a R next to their name they will never vote for.  So who do they think will be their new voter base? It sure isn't going to be illegals, invaders, felons, BLM or the dead vote in Chicago. Who? Anyone?

Offline Relic

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 08:54:12 pm »
I have asked this question before....who in the heck will their new voter base be? As you said  the media paints us as mouth breathing, inbred, gun toting, bible clutching morons......anything with a R next to their name they will never vote for.  So who do they think will be their new voter base? It sure isn't going to be illegals, invaders, felons, BLM or the dead vote in Chicago. Who? Anyone?

I think that the GOP leadership believes left leaning moderates are a growing segment and will soon overshadow conservatives. That is what the GOP desires for their base. Not conservatives.
I also think the GOP is wrong in their calculation.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »
At least Rubio is conservative when it comes to Obamacare and Planned Parenthood.  Trump isn't.

He does talk, though, but there's nothing in his history to back up his 'conservative talk.'

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm#Budget_+_Economy

Another false claim about Trump As for Rubio, we will see how he votes in the Senate. My guess his he will be a YES vote for this monster.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 09:05:07 pm »

Another false claim about Trump As for Rubio, we will see how he votes in the Senate. My guess his he will be a YES vote for this monster.

Or - won't vote, or votes "no" because it's safe (with the numbers of "yes" votes) and he's running for president. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 09:05:25 pm »

Nothing I said was false.

You believe the "new" Trump, which you are free to do. 

I believe his long Progressive record, which I am also free to do without being called a liar.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 09:06:29 pm »
Or - won't vote, or votes "no" because it's safe (with the numbers of "yes" votes) and he's running for president.

He's got a conservative record on health care and life issues.

Offline flowers

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »
I think that the GOP leadership believes left leaning moderates are a growing segment and will soon overshadow conservatives. That is what the GOP desires for their base. Not conservatives.
I also think the GOP is wrong in their calculation.
They are %100 wrong. No way a left anything votes for anyone who has a R next to their name. As you have posted Republicans have been branded evil, racists etc. for years now and it has stuck. No way a left leaning moderate votes for a Jeb over a Hil. No way ever.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 09:18:19 pm »

Maybe but I am hopping he votes YES and then try to spin it as being  a "responsible mature leader getting things done" and not "one of the crazy fringe extremists". He certainly not going to get to the right of Cruz on this. Rubio is a Ryan type GOPe. He will talk the talk on the campaign trail and then go to DC and do exactly what the donor class tells him to do.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 09:23:54 pm »
King Barack Hussein Obama the 1st:

I accept your unconditional surrender Mr Ryan, you may now kiss my feet.

Offline flowers

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 09:33:16 pm »
Maybe but I am hopping he votes YES and then try to spin it as being  a "responsible mature leader getting things done" and not "one of the crazy fringe extremists". He certainly not going to get to the right of Cruz on this. Rubio is a Ryan type GOPe. He will talk the talk on the campaign trail and then go to DC and do exactly what the donor class tells him to do.
You are spot on about Rubio. He is dead to me. Gang of eight for one thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 09:56:28 pm »
He's got a conservative record on health care and life issues.

He does, and voting strategically helps that along.  Which is why I suggested he might vote "no" if it's safe for him to do so.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2015, 10:25:43 pm »
If nothing else, I want someone that frightens the Hell out of the establishment, someone who pisses them off then turns around and does it on their head.  Just give me someone who will fight this disease that sets us on a path of degradation to destruction.  We are compromising our country into oblivion.

Sorry, but I hold out very very little hope that we are going to see another election.  Someone, please tell me I'm wrong and why.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »
He does, and voting strategically helps that along.  Which is why I suggested he might vote "no" if it's safe for him to do so.

I think you right, I just hope you are not since I would love for the the mask of "Tea Party Conservative"  Rubio wears to be stripped away.

Offline raml

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 11:10:55 pm »
I want Ted Cruz too but if Trump is the candidate I can get behind him any rino gets it and I don't care if Hilliary gets in either. I will vote and write in a candidate. I have voted every year in all elections no matter how minor once I qualified and I won't stop now but I will vote for common sense and logic not rino's or liberals and let the cards fall as they may.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2015, 02:29:06 am »
democratic control of Congress:

Republican control of Congress:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2015, 02:41:42 am »
Sorry, but I hold out very very little hope that we are going to see another election.  Someone, please tell me I'm wrong and why.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America.

Libertybele, if only because, to quote Mark Twain, "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."  The man was prescient.