Author Topic: MUSIC TO THE EYES - Jeb's Miami Debate Watch Party Is Mostly Empty  (Read 1232 times)

HAPPY2BME

Weekly Standard
9:19 PM, Dec 15, 2015 | By Matea Gold via SHOSHANA WEISSMANN

During Tuesday's Republican presidential debate, the Washington Post's Matea Gold tweeted this bleak picture of a debate watch party for Jeb Bush in his home state of Florida:

Source sends pic of scene at Jeb Miami debate-watching party:

source: http://www.weeklystandard.com/jebs-debate-watch-party-is-mostly-empty/article/2000239

Offline Longiron

Re: MUSIC TO THE EYES - Jeb's Miami Debate Watch Party Is Mostly Empty
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »
PRICELESS  :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 05:06:34 pm »
LOL!

I love it!

Time to go home Jeb and do all those things you had rather be doing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »
As much as we all got a huge chuckle out of the original picture going around, we should be fair and honest about this stuff as much as we possibly can.

However, his campaign says that photo from Gold’s tweet was taken during the soundcheck for the undercard debate, which preceded the main debate by two hours. More than 46 people attended the debate watch party, Bush’s South Florida director Kevin Marino Cabrera said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/15/photo-of-jeb-bushs-miami-debate-watch-party-reinforces-struggling-campaign-storyline/

But, hey we can still get a good laugh over it, they supplied updated photos:

Not quite as bad as the original photo, but still pretty pathetic...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »
I had said before, that I didn't think that Jeb was going to be able to take his home state of Florida.  Pictures are worth a thousand words and winning the Florida primary will be important this election.  Florida's state Republican Party has changed its primary election rules, moving to a winner-take-all system which will swing 99 delegate votes to the top vote-getter in 2016.  I honestly don't think Rubio will get it either and I think Florida will go to either Trump or Cruz.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:31:30 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:30:22 pm »
 :silly:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 08:35:34 pm »
I'm not sure those pictures mean anything. I'm not a Jeb supporter but, so what?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 10:11:13 pm »
I'm not sure those pictures mean anything. I'm not a Jeb supporter but, so what?

To me; it means that none of his supporters were excited enough to gather around to watch Jeb's debate performance.  In other words, his supporters are far and few between.  In recent polls; they show his national support around 3%.  Not exactly what the GOPe and the DEMS had hoped for and certainly not what the Bush dynasty was hoping for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 10:52:16 pm »
I had said before, that I didn't think that Jeb was going to be able to take his home state of Florida.  Pictures are worth a thousand words and winning the Florida primary will be important this election.  Florida's state Republican Party has changed its primary election rules, moving to a winner-take-all system which will swing 99 delegate votes to the top vote-getter in 2016.  I honestly don't think Rubio will get it either and I think Florida will go to either Trump or Cruz.

==================================================

There were, literally, more candidates on stage for Tuesday night’s Republican debate than there were at a Jeb Bush debate watching “party” in Miami.

Jeb Bush tried stealing a page from Mr. Trump’s playbook by insulting his way to his party’s nomination. “He is a chaos candidate,” Jeb said of Mr. Trump.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,188790.0.html