Author Topic: Rush: Donald Trump's Ideas Are His Own  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Donald Trump's Ideas Are His Own
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:51:45 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/12/15/donald_trump_s_ideas_are_his_own

Donald Trump's Ideas Are His Own
December 15, 2015
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Some audio sound bites as we shift gears now.  This is Donald Trump last night in Las Vegas during a campaign event.  Listen carefully.

TRUMP:  So I heard today when they announce the poll, 41-14 -- and I like Cruz, good guy -- but I heard -- here's now they announced.  "Cruz surging."  So when I heard -- this was on television -- "Cruz surging."  So I said, "Oh, I don't know.  That sounds bad to me."  "Coming up, Cruz surging."  Then they say the Monmouth poll was just done, "Cruz is surging, Trump 41, Cruz 14," I said, "Wait a minute, what's going on?"  I tell you what, they are the most dishonest people.

RUSH:  You notice a little shift here, ladies and gentlemen, away from Cruz and to the Drive-Bys now?  Yeah. (imitating Trump) "So I heard today when he announced the poll 41 to 14 -- and I like Cruz, good guy."  That's a little bit of a shift in tone from yesterday and the day before to today.  I wonder why?  I wonder why.  I wonder what could have happened. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jeff in Atlanta, you're up first.  Thank you for waiting and hi.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush.  Honor to speak with you.

RUSH:  Thank you, sir.

CALLER:  Actually, my thought actually ties into the first clip you played.  It's something I've noticed and I obviously wanted to come to you for confirmation, and this is regarding Trump as relates to you.  You've been on the cutting edge of societal evolution and political thought ever since you've been on the radio.  Trump seems to create his success by surfing the public mood and emotion.  He doesn't come at it from long-held beliefs, and you are extremely confident in your beliefs.  And Trump, I submit to you, couldn't be confident. He probably derives his confidence from you, in large part, about the issues of the day.  And so I think this ties in with the Chris Wallace piece on Fox News where Trump really doesn't have anyone in his headquarters. He doesn't have any political consultants.

RUSH:  Now, wait.

CALLER:  And I submit to you you're his political consultant without -- you know, not officially.

RUSH:  Naw, he's got a lot of people around him, and they're good, and they are professional political people.  They are not a ragtag assembly of yes-men.

CALLER:  Okay.  Exhibit 1.  Okay.  Okay.  Sorry.

RUSH:  No, he does. Corey Lewandowski.  Some of these people are really quality people.

CALLER:  Okay.

RUSH:  And I just... You know, I've said this before, and I guess I need to be pretty open about it. I know Donald Trump.  I have been around him. Ah, it's usually on the golf course, but there have been other times.  I've been at dinners with him. The most recent was Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation where he was the award recipient. He was the honoree that night, and I can assure you... What you're saying to me is highly complimentary.

CALLER:  Well --

RUSH:  But I can tell you that some of what he's saying, I've heard him say before. He's not parroting people.

CALLER:  Okay.  How about Exhibit A, if you'll allow me.  The first clip you just played was very nuanced, and I know you caught it.  He backed off his attack on Cruz a little bit, focusing it to the media. It was just you who pointed this out sort of in the way that, "Hey, that's a little out of character. What's he doing that for?" He immediately backs off and so --

RUSH:  Right.  All right, all right.  Hang on here.  Hang on.  I was hoping to wrap this up, but obviously not yet.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34