Author Topic: Secular Pro-Life Perspectives - Donald Trump is a Disaster Waiting to Happen for the Pro-Life Cause  (Read 492 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
We don't often get explicitly political at Secular Pro-Life. Our membership includes conservatives, liberals, moderates, and libertarians. We are Democrats, Republicans, independents, and members of third parties. Secular Pro-Life doesn't endorse candidates. We occasionally report on elections and debate the virtues of single-issue voting, but that's about as far as it goes.

But with Trump madness failing to subside, I feel compelled to say publicly: Trump as the GOP nominee, or (FSM forbid) the President, would be a disaster for the pro-life cause.

We need good Supreme Court nominees, and we know we won't get them from any Democratic commander-in-chief. We may have some decent Democratic options in state-level races (thanks, Democrats for Life of America!), but when it comes to the top of the ticket, the abortion industry has a stranglehold on the party. So it makes sense that pro-life organizations urge us to vote Republican for president. In some years, it's an enthusiastic endorsement; in other years, we're asked to hold our noses.

If it comes down to it, I will refuse to hold my nose and vote for Trump. I have many personal reasons for this, but keeping my focus on abortion, here are three....

http://blog.secularprolife.org/2015/12/donald-trump-is-disaster-waiting-to.html