Author Topic: 'He said it was one of the best days of his presidency': Bear Grylls reveals how Obama ate raw salmon and discussed drinking urine while 50 Secret Service agents watched, ahead of Alaska premiere  (Read 1679 times)

Online mountaineer

You know how we Bible-clinging conservatives are. We're always poisoning His Royal Hineyness' shave ice and craft beers, 'n' stuff.

I'm guessing Barry O. found "Bear" particularly attractive.

The episode was filmed in early September on a trek to Alaska's rapidly shrinking Exit Glacier that was aimed at drawing world attention to climate change.

Last year alone, the Exit Glacier melted and retreated 187 feet toward the Harding ice field, which has itself lost 10 per cent of its mass since 1950.
Oh, please.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Offline flowers

To Walter Scheib, who served as the White House executive chef from 1994 to 2005 under both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, the president's use of a taster could not be less of a big deal.

"It makes sense to me," Scheib tells Daily Intelligencer. "When you're in an uncontrolled situation, regardless of whether it's a senator's home or Ray's Hell Burger — wherever the president may be — the Secret Service is not big on uncontrolled situations. And they will do everything they can within reason and sometimes outside reason to narrow that window of opportunity or danger."

Schieb was careful not to reveal too many details about the tasters, but he knew them well, and he thinks people are getting the wrong impression.

"They do more — let's not characterize this as some kind of Medieval court food taster. That's not the case," Scheib scoffed. "These folks have a number of different duties and responsibilities, one of which is to be sure that the president doesn't get poisoned, quite honestly. "

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/03/obama-food-taster-walter-scheib-president.html

It seems they have had them for a while.

Online mountaineer

"These folks have a number of different duties and responsibilities, one of which is to be sure that the president doesn't get poisoned, quite honestly. "
I bet their annual salaries are well worth it.   :whistle:

Offline flowers

I bet their annual salaries are well worth it.   :whistle:
Yep....they are probably exempt from deathcare and will get civil service pension for life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ok, so obama has a food taster -- apparently more than one.

But what about previous presidents?

How long has this been going on?

Online mountaineer

I'm more annoyed by this whole global warming photo op nonsense than I am his army of food tasters (strange as that may be).

Offline PzLdr

If Barry had eaten raw sewage, and actually drunk urine, it would have been one of the best days of his presidency for me as well.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online mountaineer

If Barry had eaten raw sewage, and actually drunk urine, it would have been one of the best days of his presidency for me as well.
:beer:

Offline flowers

To Walter Scheib, who served as the White House executive chef from 1994 to 2005 under both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, the president's use of a taster could not be less of a big deal.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Dunno. How many years has the Secret Service been tasked with guarding the President?

It is a standard thing to do.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink