Author Topic: Clinton campaign chair: Cruz is likely GOP nominee  (Read 1924 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton campaign chair: Cruz is likely GOP nominee
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:30:02 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263050-clinton-campaign-chair-sees-cruz-as-likely-gop-nominee

December 12, 2015, 02:49 pm
Clinton campaign chair: Cruz is likely GOP nominee

By Sylvan Lane

The chairman of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign earlier this week reportedly said he thinks Republicans will end up nominating Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for president.

John Podesta on Thursday told a group of 90 Democratic donors that he thinks Cruz is the most likely candidate to win the Republican nomination, followed by businessman Donald Trump and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), according to Politico.

Once dismissed as too conservative to win, Cruz has risen to the top tier of the Republican race. His campaign has raised the most money among Republicans with $26.5 million since its March 23 launch, and recently pulled ahead of Trump in the Iowa polling.

As Cruz gained traction, Clinton paid more attention to him. Her campaign has criticized Cruz's record on abortion and contraception, and last week Clinton herself called his plan to carpet-bomb the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) short-sighted.

"He's never had any responsibility for trying to figure out who the bad guys are and who innocent civilians are," said Clinton on ABC's "This Week."

"Clearly we have to have a much more robust air campaign against ISIS targets, against the oil infrastructure, against their leadership."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Clinton campaign chair: Cruz is likely GOP nominee
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:59:50 pm »
Candidate Cruz would prove the paradigm of being able to win the party's nomination, and to lose the general election.

Why? Because he is far to the right of the overall electorate. The abortion topic will come to front and center, and he will be stuck defending his "no exceptions" stance to a nation that is vastly distant from that position.

Trump on the other hand, does support exceptions and is therefore a stronger Republican on this issue, versus the democrat.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »
This is the only way BJ's wife can take on Trump.   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:46 pm »
Candidate Cruz would prove the paradigm of being able to win the party's nomination, and to lose the general election.

Why? Because he is far to the right of the overall electorate. The abortion topic will come to front and center, and he will be stuck defending his "no exceptions" stance to a nation that is vastly distant from that position.

Trump on the other hand, does support exceptions and is therefore a stronger Republican on this issue, versus the democrat.

You somehow keep forgetting to include the words in my opinion in posts of this nature.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:55:22 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
You somehow keep forgetting to include the words in my opinion in posts of this nature.
Are you okay today? I didn't forget anything. You had posted no words. I wrote my own words. Period.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 11:11:53 pm »
Are you okay today? I didn't forget anything. You had posted no words. I wrote my own words. Period.

That's fine but you should know that your pronouncements carry very little weight with me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:42:11 pm »
That's fine but you should know that your pronouncements carry very little weight with me.
That does not surprise me in the slightest. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 01:43:46 am »

This is what Bigun was trying to say...

You somehow keep forgetting to include the words "in my opinion" in posts of this nature.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 01:58:52 am »
This is what Bigun was trying to say...

You somehow keep forgetting to include the words "in my opinion" in posts of this nature.
Oh, okay.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 02:11:39 am »
I find it fascinating that their are those conservatives in this forum that feel Cruz would lose to Hillary in the general election.  Please enlighten me as to why.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 05:40:03 am »
I find it fascinating that their are those conservatives in this forum that feel Cruz would lose to Hillary in the general election.  Please enlighten me as to why.

I can't speak for those conservatives.  I'm a Republican firster.  I think whoever the GOP nominates will easily destroy Hitlery.  I have had reservations about Senator Cruz but politics is often perspective.  It is easier to find the middle of the road, if you have bounced off the side curbs a few times.  The prospect of a political disaster like Don'T rump brings perspective.  I find Senator Cruz very qualified and substantially more intelligent than the current President.  My only concern is he has condemned Rubio and failed to condemn Trump...he has cited his unwillingness to speak ill of other conservatives.  This is disingenuous at best and borders on mental disease.  I am willing to write it off as justifiable cowardice. 

But I could venture a guess why some conservatives...who want to win are cautious of Senator Cruz.

We do not think like many Americans.  The issues that motivate you and I are intellectually driven.  Many voters are motivated by feelings.  Cruz is not a warm guy.  He comes off as a used car salesman or a judgmental baptist preacher.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 06:14:30 am »
The anti-Cruz folks are a JOKE. Cruz would crush Hillary.( especially in debate) Trump is too brash and childish to win.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 12:04:21 pm »
I can't speak for those conservatives.  I'm a Republican firster.  I think whoever the GOP nominates will easily destroy Hitlery.  I have had reservations about Senator Cruz but politics is often perspective.  It is easier to find the middle of the road, if you have bounced off the side curbs a few times.  The prospect of a political disaster like Don'T rump brings perspective.  I find Senator Cruz very qualified and substantially more intelligent than the current President.  My only concern is he has condemned Rubio and failed to condemn Trump...he has cited his unwillingness to speak ill of other conservatives.  This is disingenuous at best and borders on mental disease.  I am willing to write it off as justifiable cowardice. 

But I could venture a guess why some conservatives...who want to win are cautious of Senator Cruz.

We do not think like many Americans.  The issues that motivate you and I are intellectually driven.  Many voters are motivated by feelings.  Cruz is not a warm guy.  He comes off as a used car salesman or a judgmental baptist preacher.

Cruz has NOT gone after Rubio; it was only after Rubio lied about Cruz.  Cruz was defending himself.  In reality Cruz has gained in the polls and has done very well without attacking anyone.  Huge difference.  Not going after other candidates a mental illness?  Interesting. Trump has been strongly criticized for going after many candidates and the comment was made it wasn't very "Reagan like".

President Cruz will be our next Reagan like candidate in the sense that he will turn this country around after the horrendous Hussein horror years like Reagan turned this country around after the Carter years.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »
I think the Clinton campaign is desperate.  They see both Trump and Cruz with huge momentum, lots of money and would like to see nothing more than Trump bash Cruz.  So far he hasn't done it.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 12:27:19 pm »

My only concerns with Ted Cruz is he has a kind heart and not sure he is "mean" enough to hit back at hillary and he leftist movement.
I fully expect, once the GOP selects our guy, there will be all kinds of factless crap thrown out and it will take a pretty stiff backbone to sit in the saddle and hit back.
We will not be able to out "logic" them as too many people are committed anti-GOP voters despite the liberal candidates virtues or lack there of.

I have absolutely no concerns with Cruz knowledge and abilities if he is elected.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:28:29 pm by EdinVA »

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 12:34:44 pm »
My only concerns with Ted Cruz is he had a kind heart and not sure he is "mean" enough to hit back at hillary and he leftist movement.
I fully expect, once the GOP selects our guy, there will be all kinds of factless crap thrown out and it will take a pretty stiff backbone to sit in the saddle and hit back.
We will not be able to out "logic" them as too many people are committed anti-GOP voters despite the liberal candidates virtues or lack there of.

I have absolutely no concerns with Cruz knowledge and abilities if he is elected.

All I can say is this; Cruz publicly went before the Senate and out and out called Mitch McConnell a liar and exposed the corruption that isgoing on...that has hardly gained him any friends in the Senate.  That took a heck of a lot of courage and a tremendous amount of backbone.

Cruz has publicly criticized Hussein on more than one occasion and when Hussein criticized Cruz, Cruz asked him to say it to his face and challenged him to a debateanytime, anywhere.  I hardly consider that meek.

I can't of course speak for Cruz, but I see him as kind hearted to those who deserve that kindness.  Anyone else, watch out.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 12:55:07 pm »
All I can say is this; Cruz publicly went before the Senate and out and out called Mitch McConnell a liar and exposed the corruption that isgoing on...that has hardly gained him any friends in the Senate.  That took a heck of a lot of courage and a tremendous amount of backbone.

Cruz has publicly criticized Hussein on more than one occasion and when Hussein criticized Cruz, Cruz asked him to say it to his face and challenged him to a debateanytime, anywhere.  I hardly consider that meek.

I can't of course speak for Cruz, but I see him as kind hearted to those who deserve that kindness.  Anyone else, watch out.

McConnell is a back stabber, not publicly confrontational so he is an easy target to hit.

For example, the republicans have yet to come up with an equally vicious response to the "you want to destroy women's health care" accusation when talking about planned parenthood...
When Bush I debated Geraldine Ferraro, Bush got slammed for hitting back and she walked all over him.
The Clintons are vicious people and will do/say anything to get their way, Vince Foster/Benghazi for example.

Please don't get me wrong I would love to see Cruz in the white house but he has to be prepared for anything and willing to take the gloves off and swing away..

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »
For example, the republicans have yet to come up with an equally vicious response to the "you want to destroy women's health care" accusation when talking about planned parenthood...
When Bush I debated Geraldine Ferraro, Bush got slammed for hitting back and she walked all over him.
The Clintons are vicious people and will do/say anything to get their way, Vince Foster/Benghazi for example.

Please don't get me wrong I would love to see Cruz in the white house but he has to be prepared for anything and willing to take the gloves off and swing away..

I beg to differ! The Republicans have indeed come up with a very effective response to the"destroy women's healthcare" crap! The media has just refused to report that to you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 02:10:15 pm »

Don't think TC will lose to Hillary but he has to quit playing Mr. Rodgers , nice guy. Trump will nail her so bad that Barry will look honest. Does Cruz have the courage for that ? Hillary does not think so that is why she wants him as the candidate over Trump. JMO  TC would make a greet POTUS. :patriot:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 02:20:25 pm »
I beg to differ! The Republicans have indeed come up with a very effective response to the"destroy women's healthcare" crap! The media has just refused to report that to you!

Your right Bigun... but the response is something 'we" understand but the response needs to be something that will resonate with those that are "not us".... that was clear as mud... :)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 02:25:32 pm »
Your right Bigun... but the response is something 'we" understand but the response needs to be something that will resonate with those that are "not us".... that was clear as mud... :)

I understand your point Ed but my point is that it doesn't matter WHAT they say because the media isn't going to report it and thus the lemmings will never hear it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »

Lifted from Michelle Obama's Mirror blog.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 03:23:03 pm »
1.Because several polls have found her winning vs. him

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

2. Because he is a "no exceptions" abortion position holder, and that is far from the majority position among voters.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=gallup+abortion+2015&oq=gallup+ab&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l6.1089.6550.0.8652.10.10.0.0.0.0.266.1649.0j9j1.10.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.9.1381.0.wJ1Hk8UswcU

3. In 2012 the Tea Party faction did not do well in midterms. Their appeal is to a loud, but narrow faction only.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:30:54 pm by truth_seeker »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 01:12:14 am »
I admire Ted Cruz, but I sense that if he becomes the nominee, 2016 will be something of a reprise of 1964 (Goldwater v. Johnson).

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

The only consolation is that Goldwater's loss paved the way for a conservative revival in the years afterward. Don't know if that will happen again. Demographics, ya know...