Author Topic: Huff Post...Karl Rove: Donald Trump Would Get 'Creamed' Up Against Hillary Clinton  (Read 1737 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-karl-rove_566c34e2e4b0e292150e19b7

Karl Rove: Donald Trump Would Get 'Creamed' Up Against Hillary Clinton
The conservative called Donald Trump a "dream candidate" for the Democratic Party.

Ashley Alman
    Politics Social Media Editor, The Huffington Post

12/12/2015 11:44 am ET

Karl Rove, who served as an adviser to former President George W. Bush, warned Republicans that nominating Donald Trump could be a death wish for the party.

In a Wall Street Journal column published Friday, Rove acknowledged Trump's consistently strong standing among Republicans in the polls, and the impressively high percentage of backers -- 46 percent, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll -- who say they won't stray from Trump before the primaries.

Hitting Trump for his antics -- citing the Republican presidential candidate's beef with Fox News host Megyn Kelly and insults of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for being captured in Vietnam -- Rove lamented that there's seemingly no line Trump can cross to lose the backing of his loyal supporters, who "eat up stuff like that."

But in a matchup against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton in the general election, Rove wrote, Trump would get "creamed." He called Trump a "dream candidate" for the Democratic Party.

"Although Mr. Trump’s antics may not drive away his current supporters, they make him unlikely to win the White House," he wrote.

The polls back up Rove's prediction: HuffPost Pollster, which aggregates all publicly available poll results, shows Trump getting trumped when matched up against both Clinton and her strongest opponent, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Rove has long been a critic of Trump's antics. Earlier in December, he told New York magazine Trump doesn't have the chops to be the unifying candidate the party needs to win the general election.

"If you’re a candidate who has an 11 percent approval rating among Latinos, you’re not succeeding there. If you have a record of misogynist comments, that’s not going to be helpful," he said. "If you call all the people you’re running against losers, clowns, and dopes, that’s not the language of someone who unifies the party."

Those insults aren't just reserved for Trump's opponents in the 2016 race. In a Twitter spat last month, the Republican candidate called Rove a "dummy," a "biased dope" and a "total fool."

"Free advice @realDonaldTrump: get facts straight, accept legit criticism, develop thick skin, drop childish insults," Rove responded.

Read Rove's full column here.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-the-democrats-dream-nominee-1449704915
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
To read Rove's article you have to subscribe to the WSJ which I don't
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Rove's right, and, if Trump is the nominee,  those who are only half-way paying attention but don't want a big-mouthed celebrity for president will galvanize against him. 

His loss would be of epic proportions.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Turdblossom with a sad attempt at psyops, bloviating about a guy that he and his ilk loathe. Boy that carries alot of weight.

He's GOPe elite with his own agenda, sorry if I don't take him at his word.

The Republic is lost.

Offline raml

Why don't the gop leaders keep their mouths shut every time they talk trash about Trump or are critical of him his numbers go up. If they had any common sense they would shut up and see what happens for a change. They don't seem to know that voters are really sick of them either they seem to be deaf blind and dumb. The voters gave them the senate and the senate now shits on them and they are tired of that and as they watch them all kiss Obama's ass they really get madder. By the way everything the gop has said about Trumps running has been WRONG so I imagine they are wrong about this the gop has no idea who would win they have no logic or any sense anymore.

Offline flowers

To read Rove's article you have to subscribe to the WSJ which I don't
Rove is dead to me. I never read a thing he has to say.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Rove is like a dying fish gasping it's last few breaths. The world has changed and he's out of his element.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Carling

Rove is like a dying fish gasping it's last few breaths. The world has changed and he's out of his element.

Rove is still clinging to the desperate hope that Captain Three Percent of the USS GOPe is somehow going to save the ship.

You want a Clinton landslide?  Have Jeb as the GOP nominee via a brokered convention in a way that subverts the will of GOP primary voters.  I'd probably write in Cruz if that were the case on my ballot.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:47:06 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

:king:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:47:34 pm by flowers »

Offline Carling

GOP voters have changed after being lied to so often by the party establishment.  For the Democrats, it's business as usual.

I guess I'm a progressive now, and the GOPe and Dems are regressives?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Rove is still clinging to the desperate hope that Captain Three Percent of the USS GOPe is somehow going to save the ship.

You want a Clinton landslide?  Have Jeb as the GOP nominee via a brokered convention in a way that subverts the will of GOP primary voters.  I'd probably write in Cruz if that were the case on my ballot.

Rove jumped the shark forever when he had Bush remain quiet and passive for years as he was being gang raped by the leftists - it was oh, so presidential and above the fray. Rove is as responsible as anyone for Obama's reign of terror.  He and Dick Morris just keep collecting money for nothing.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

Rove jumped the shark forever when he had Bush remain quiet and passive for years as he was being gang raped by the leftists - it was oh, so presidential and above the fray. Rove is as responsible as anyone for Obama's reign of terror.  He and Dick Morris just keep collecting money for nothing.
yep....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yes he did and I will NEVER forgive him for that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

Why don't the gop leaders keep their mouths shut every time they talk trash about Trump or are critical of him his numbers go up. If they had any common sense they would shut up and see what happens for a change. They don't seem to know that voters are really sick of them either they seem to be deaf blind and dumb. The voters gave them the senate and the senate now shits on them and they are tired of that and as they watch them all kiss Obama's ass they really get madder. By the way everything the gop has said about Trumps running has been WRONG so I imagine they are wrong about this the gop has no idea who would win they have no logic or any sense anymore.

They the RINOGOPe have to keep trying to take Trump out. They know it is hopeless but they also know they are DONE when TRUMP goes into office or Cruz  :patriot:

Offline libertybele

Rove is also the one that kept telling everyone that Romney was going to win by a landslide.  He is no longer relevant.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
By all means dismiss the message, for dislike of the messenger.

But if he is correct, as most polls reflect, you may eventually need to face the reality of new demographics, new attitudes of many people that are your neighbors.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Yes he did and I will NEVER forgive him for that.
Ditto!

Offline PzLdr

Considering Rove's post 'W' record, I'm glad he got the supporting male role in "The Heart of the Sea". I understand he prepared by banging his head against reality and the GOP base.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Karl Rove, who served as an adviser to former President George W. Bush, warned Republicans that nominating Donald Trump could be a death wish for the party.

Hmm ... more than a little conflicted here.   :smokin:

Offline aligncare

Clinton finishes her concession address and the camera switches to a celebration in New York's Central Park where thousands of people crowd a stage in the center of iconic Strawberry Fields, awaiting the entrance of Donald Trump. On stage a red velvet curtain emblazoned with the Trump name. On either side, massive Greek columns. No, not styrofoam--flown in from Greece.  :silly:

Take that, Obama!

Offline sinkspur

Trump is certainly the King of Gauche.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Jebrubio are the Dukes of Mush if Trump is the King of Gauche.