Author Topic: Yezidi Leader Tells Congress: ‘Because We Are Not Muslims...We Are Being Burned Alive’  (Read 2151 times)

rangerrebew

Yezidi Leader Tells Congress: ‘Because We Are Not Muslims...We Are Being Burned Alive’

(CNSNews.com) – Chaldean and Yezidi leaders described the genocide of their people at the hands of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) to members of Congress Wednesday at a hearing [1] on assisting victims of ISIS.

“Because we are not Muslims, and because our path is the path of peace… we are being burned alive [2],” Mirza Ismail, chairman of the Yezidi Human Rights Organization-International [3], told members of the House Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations.

Ismail went on to describe the desperate plight of the Yezidis, an indigenous ethno-religious group from Kurdistan who are being targeted by ISIS because they are not Muslim.

“There are thousands of young Yezidi women, girls, and even children, who as I speak have been enslaved and forced into sexual slavery. These girls are subjected to daily, multiple rapes by ISIS monsters,” he testified [4]. 

“According to many escaped women and girls whom I talked to in Northern Iraq, the abducted Yezidis, mostly women and children, number over 7,000. Some of those women and girls have had to watch 7-, 8-, and 9-year [5]- [5]old children [5] bleed to death before their eyes, after being raped by ISIS militia multiple times a day,” said Ismail.

“I met mothers, whose children were torn from them by ISIS. These same mothers came to plead for the return of their children, only to be informed, that they, the mothers, had been fed the flesh of their own children by ISIS. Children murdered, then fed to their own mothers. 

“ISIS militia have burned many Yezidi girls alive for refusing to convert and marry ISIS men. Young Yezidi boys are being trained to be jihadists and suicide bombers. All of our temples in the ISIS controlled area are exploded and destroyed.

“The entire Yezidi population was displaced in less than one day on August 3, 2014, in Sinjar. The Yezidis and Chaldo-Assyrian Christians face this genocide together.

“Why? Again, because we are not Muslims, and because our path is the path of peace. For this, we are being burned alive. For living as men and women of peace.

“What I have just recounted to you, what has happened to the Yezidis and Chaldo-Assyrian Christians in Sinjar and in Nineveh Plain and other minorities is nothing less than genocide, according to the UN definition [6] of genocide,” Ismail said.

Bishop Francis Kalabat of the Chaldean Catholic Eparchy of St. Thomas the Apostle of Detroit [7] told Congress that Iraqi Christians “are being victimized by the Obama administration not recognizing their suffering” and their “slow and perpetual genocide.”

“It is important to recognize that the atrocities in Iraq began as early as 2005. This preceded ISIS,” the bishop testified [8] at the hearing.

“Christians and other minorities in Iraq have experienced their own slow and perpetual genocide. I wish to note that the Obama administration, including President Obama himself, have neglected to mention that the ISIS atrocities were committed against Christians,” he said.

“There are more than 150,000 Iraqi Christians who are now displaced in northern Iraq or are refugees in other countries such as approximately 35,000 in Jordan, 60,000 in Lebanon, 30,000 in Turkey who are being victimized by the Obama administration in not recognizing their suffering,” Bishop Kalabat continued.

“There are countless Christian villages in Syria who have been taken over by ISIS and have encountered genocide and the Obama administration again refuses to recognize their plight.”

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), chair of the House Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats, reminded the committee of legislation [9] he introduced “that is aimed specifically at those people who have been targeted for genocide.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/zachary-leshin/congressional-testimony-because-we-are-not-muslims-we-are-being-burned

Offline EdinVA

Then pick up a weapon and defend yourselves.
Because you are "peaceful" does not rationalize you unwillingness to fight for your families but want us to send our kids to fight for you.....

Offline aligncare

...and congress says back: you're being treated poorly by Islamists? Hmm? Have you tried not breaking Sharia law to see if that helps?

Offline mountaineer

Why won’t U.S. admit ISIS genocide against Christians?
International   
By Mindy Belz
Posted Dec. 9, 2015, 11:30 a.m.   
WORLD Magazine
IRAQ: The U.S. State Department is poised to declare ISIS actions in Nineveh Plains and other areas of Iraq a genocide—but against Yazidis only. The finding is likely to leave out Iraq and Syria’s Christian minority. An array of religious scholars, church leaders, and dignitaries are petitioning Secretary of State John Kerry to reconsider, based on the evidence:
    “We have extensive files supporting a finding that ISIS’ treatment of Iraqi and Syrian Christians, as well as Yazidis and other vulnerable minorities, meets [the genocide] definition. They include evidence of ISIS assassinations of church leaders; mass murders; torture, kidnapping for ransom in the Christian communities of Iraq and Syria; its sexual enslavement and systematic rape of Christian girls and women; its practices of forcible conversions to Islam; its destruction of churches, monasteries, cemeteries, and Christian artifacts; and its theft of lands and wealth from Christian clergy and laity alike.”

For more background, this 2013 House testimony and this report give evidence of ISIS tactics to eliminate Christians, beginning in Syria.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

They need to get off their high horse because of the Crusades.  Didn't they listen to Obarfo?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Because you are "peaceful" does not rationalize you unwillingness to fight for your families but want us to send our kids to fight for you.....

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: but that WILL NEVER happen in their case.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

Where do you expect an isolated religious minority in a Muslim country to get the weaponry to arm themselves?  Or are you saying they should fight back under-armed and die even quicker than they are?

Offline EdinVA

Where do you expect an isolated religious minority in a Muslim country to get the weaponry to arm themselves?  Or are you saying they should fight back under-armed and die even quicker than they are?

I would certainly do something rather than sit and watch my family be burned alive, or are you proposing that is what should be done...
There is a difference between being peace loving and being a coward and wanting someone to fight your battles for you.

Offline Carling

I would certainly do something rather than sit and watch my family be burned alive, or are you proposing that is what should be done...
There is a difference between being peace loving and being a coward and wanting someone to fight your battles for you.

I thought they were asking for refugee status and were trying to raise awareness since OBAMA has literally ignored this horror.  I don't see anywhere in that article that they were asking for the U.S. to fight for them.  They rightly pointed out that Obama has not once mentioned this genocide, yet you are mocking those being slaughtered?l, with children killed and then secretly served in meals?

This place is going into the toilet.  Is it too much to ask people to actually read the articles before making strawman posts that have nothing to do with the content of the OP?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:37:16 pm by Carling »

Offline EdinVA

I thought they were asking for refugee status?  I don't see anywhere in that article that they were asking for the U.S. to fight for them.  They rightly pointed out that Obama has not once mentioned this genocide, yet you are mocking those being slaughtered?

This'll ace is going into the toilet.  Is it too much to ask people to actually read the articles before making strawman posts that have nothing to do with the content of the OP?

I don't care what they are asking for. 
Until they decide what they want is worth fighting for on their own, then so be it.... we must stop sending our kids into these hell holes for fight for people that refuse to defend themselves.
If someone has to die, why should it be our soldiers?

Offline Carling

I don't care what they are asking for. 
Until they decide what they want is worth fighting for on their own, then so be it.... we must stop sending our kids into these hell holes for fight for people that refuse to defend themselves.
If someone has to die, why should it be our soldiers?

"I don't care what they're asking for."

You can't be bothered to actually read the article, so why comment on it in a way that has nothing to do with the article? 

Offline EdinVA

"I don't care what they're asking for."

You can't be bothered to actually read the article, so why comment on it in a way that has nothing to do with the article?

I was under the impression that I could comment any way I wanted as long as I did not slam other people....

Evidently, your position is that there is not a single weapon of any sort anywhere in the ME?
Nor are there ANY militias fighting to push back ISIS anywhere in the ME...
Nor are there ANY national armies anywhere in the ME that a person could join to help the fight?

I submit to you that the only reason ANYone is "helpless" is because they want to be, they are too afraid to stand up for what is right.
It is easier to come crying to the US and get free housing, free food and enough spending money to fill every room with 50 inch TV's.
All the while our Veterans are getting pushed further and further down the food chain and continue to be ignored by the VA and society at large.

Why are you not raising the roof over that one?

rangerrebew

If these people believe islam doesn't care about them, they don't understand that congress cares even less than muslims.  The "hearing" is nothing but show boating for the members of congress. :3: